Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are these new UI elements? Hovering over the city name in the city screen seems to have the identical breakdown of needs/production/deficit as before.
Anybody have an answer to this? I must be blind cause I can't find anything new relating to happiness in the city screen.

Let me explain to you where we do come from. Last year, or a bit earlier, in higher difficulties, players faced what we called the AI carpet, since their units filled the map. Trying to limit their numbers to human measures, we first tried with the supply limit, but it turned out to be insufficient since AI would simply replenish all of its loses in no time.
Then Gazebo introduced an economic penalty for prolonged bloody wars, which was intended to prevent AI producing units non stop, and it worked.

So here's where we are now. If you don't want to cripple your economy, stop fighting while you are still in green.
Makes sense now

I will note in my last two game I am seeing similar happiness patterns.

Early game happiness is a bit tougher than it used to be. However, once I get into Industrial, I never think about it again. Its commonly 30 or more.

Now an important caveat. I'm playing 6-7 city CV Tradition games on a Standard map, so its possible that experience is intended...a wider empire may need the happiness buffer to support their empire without massive unhappiness.

Early game happiness is a bit tougher than it used to be. However, once I get into Industrial, I never think about it again. Its commonly 30 or more.

Now an important caveat. I'm playing 6-7 city CV Tradition games on a Standard map, so its possible that experience is intended...a wider empire may need the happiness buffer to support their empire without massive unhappiness.

Happy new year Stalker. What difficulty are you on? My understanding of the design is the higher the difficulty you select the wider you have to play.

Happy new year Stalker. What difficulty are you on? My understanding of the design is the higher the difficulty you select the wider you have to play.

Standard Size and Speed, Communitas Map on Emperor

I played a wide emperor game as China and was still swimming in happiness the entire second half of the game as well. I was snowballing quite hard though, but I avoided any happiness-giving policy just because it was pointless for me with 80~100 happiness to spare even with constant war.

In my current game, I'm getting around 3 gold for pillaging farms in the Renaissance era. Is this intended to be so low? I mean, getting 25hp is great, but I wish pillaging a tile so late in the game would be worth more.

I played a wide emperor game as China and was still swimming in happiness the entire second half of the game as well. I was snowballing quite hard though, but I avoided any happiness-giving policy just because it was pointless for me with 80~100 happiness to spare even with constant war.
Yeah, played now 3 longer lasting games and have always happiness issues till around atleast turn 150 (standard speed). From around turn 150-200 on, happiness problems are gone for the rest of the game.

In my Emperor games, the happiness is always touch and go early, but varies afterward depending on circumstances. Some games I do well throughout, but in others I'm always hustling to stay in the green.

Ive noticed it some games ago already, but Iam now wondering. Is there any case why Morocco loses its ability to plunder trade units? Are Iam unable to plunder trade routes to me?

I tried to convince G to have open borders disable their pillage, but he disagreed.

I tried to convince G to have open borders disable their pillage, but he disagreed.
How would you be able to pillage then? Especially in crowded land maps.

Btw.... was the ability to ask for stopping converting removed? Even enemy missionaries try to convert my cities, I cant ask to stop-

How would you be able to pillage then? Especially in crowded land maps
... what?

I petitioned to make it so if Morocco agreed to open his borders to you then he was guaranteeing “safe passage” from his pirates. If you can enter his land, then it stands to reason his military units wouldn’t harass you.

The Moroccan princes used to receive massive payments from European and the US as a sort of protection racket, guaranteeing safe passage into the Mediterranean from the Barbary pirates.

... what?

I petitioned to make it so if Morocco agreed to open his borders to you then he was guaranteeing “safe passage” from his pirates. If you can enter his land, then it stands to reason his military units wouldn’t harass you.

The Moroccan princes used to receive massive payments from European and the US as a sort of protection racket, guaranteeing safe passage into the Mediterranean from the Barbary pirates.

So then you're saying Morocco should get more for OB than other civs?

I think this is already represented by their UA to get more from trade routes independent of the distance.

But whats with the call for stopping converting? I cant ask for that.

If the AI could be taught to charge more for OBs then that would very flavourful

If not then it’s no great loss. I think it’s more important to give at least SOME method to turn off the pillaging for people Morrocco is friends/has diplomatic ties with.

If the AI could be taught to charge more for OBs then that would very flavourful

If not then it’s no great loss. I think it’s more important to give at least SOME method to turn off the pillaging for people Morrocco is friends/has diplomatic ties with.
I would prefer to completly give up this trade route plundering for more yields by unique trade routes or any other benefit. It may be historically correct, but gameplay wise, its stupid. Unless you play a 43 civ map, you definitly need CS trade routes, and those are definitly not all on your borders. This makes it important to stay as much as friendly with your neighbors as you can, but plundering their trade routes gives more diplomatic penalty than you can handle with positive effects. Plundering 2 trade routes have the same or greater negative effect than having different ideology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom