1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - December 5th (12/5)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

:culture: ~on the 5th day of December, a new version was inbound~ :culture:

Hey all!

New version here. Bugfixes, performance improvements, AI improvements, balance...woohoo!

Changelog:

Not savegame compatible with saves from previous versions. Online as of 9:30 pm EST.

Link to new version:
    https://mega.nz/#!zcljAaSC!uHDOw1XaDDCms3RTJmXnuioIfIZHfXMlsZcuuZQ9Rzg

Cheers,
    Gazebo

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Groff, merill, Erikose and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hawawaa

Hawawaa Prime

Star Trek Armada 3 latest update releases today... and you drop this today too.... (takes a deep breath) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

3. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Excellent! I'm just finishing a Dutch space launch. So tomorrow the field gun!

Erikose likes this.
  4. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

Awesome changes, I think the artillery change was needed. Hospital looks interesting and I was about to post about cathedrals being a touch too strong.

5. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Also a reminder that if you have a middle-mouse button, you can now assign 10 delegates with one click when you have way too much delegates!

Also the installer for some reason has the Lua files.

saamohod and Erikose like this.
  6. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Neat!

Would you mind explaining how it was changed?

7. Gazebo

Added QOL point. Also checking installer. My script was acting up. I'll reupload, make sure all is well.
    Not sure exactly TBH - ilteroi did it. I think it simply picks better raw-yield tiles more regularly?

8. Erwiin

Erwiin Chieftain

You should get hired by Civ devs. :D
    By the way, any chance of getting crime unhappiness a bit more clear? I got -X unhappiness just for starting a war. Also having a long-term warmonger title sucks even if I am self-defending.

meRlinX_AT likes this.
  9. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

How many regular contributors does VP have? Is there like a team introduction anywhere where you can get to know them better?

10. ilteroi

ilteroi Chieftain

tile yields should be more important and the whole thing should be more predictable in general. autoexpansion always chooses from the top 3 plots.

11. Zymos

Zymos Chieftain

Sounds great!

12. oedali

oedali Chieftain

Nice!

Why can't this team at least provide some consultation to the Firaxis devs working on Civ 6? Civ 6 is so similar to Civ 5 yet the devs seem to be writing the AI code from scratch and thus the AI is light years behind.. Why do they have to reinvent the wheel while there is like 4+ years of lessons learned from Civ 5 AI optimizations. I bet >95% of the code is the same (with few exceptions like district concept) Let alone balance, just bring combat and deal AI up to par. So frustrated I want to cry.

even if it's not a simple copy paste of code, couldn't you share some basic principles with that team so they have something to start with? Eg peace making AI:
    - Dont peace out within X turns of losing city
    - don't give away a city if you are not losing a war
    - don't give up your entire treasury if you are superior in military power
    - etc

You get the idea... Civ 6 AI is missing core principlea altogether when it comes to this stuff, the devs need a handbook to guide them

meRlinX_AT likes this.
  13. Funak

Funak Chieftain

Because they are not asking for it, and they probably never would.

14. oedali

oedali Chieftain

But I thought they pride themselves on the fact that the game is so moddable and the community adds so much value and makes the game better etc.. Maybe I'm just imagining things lol

15. merill

merill Chieftain

Thank you for the release!

marketing: "our most moddable game ever"
    reality: "more xml fields, source code in now closed"

(i hope civ 6 will follow civ4 and not civBE in term of moddability)

16. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Somehow this makes me smile :)

Now that you bring the question, city tile grabbing didn't seem to take account of the pantheons/religious beliefs. For example, if I took renewal (working 2 forest, I think) and had herbalist, grabbing a second forest is more benefitial to the city than an unimproved grassland, which is what the city used to do. With God of the Sea, I needed to manually purchase the fish tiles too often or wait too long. I think this happens (or happened) because the yields are not showing in the tiles themselves, but in the city general yields, and perhaps when a good tile is two tiles apart (two fishes at range 3, just water at range 2).

I hope this improvement doesn't mean giving priority to contested tiles. I think purchasing tiles is best for taking contested tiles, i.e. a horse tile is workable range of my city and a neighbour's. So, when I purchase that tile my neighbour get pissed of me.

Guess we'll have to play it...

17. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

thanks for release, will start new game now)

18. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

That may all be true. There is a place for the mods -- over in the Mods section. The devs steal miscellaneous ideas from modders, but overall it's obvious they have no interest in a VP-style game. My assumption is that their core audience would find it too difficult.

19. Gazebo

I wouldn't hound Firaxis too much. We wouldn't be here it they hadn't built a core game in the first place. :)

G

Erikose, oedali and Skidizzle like this.
  20. cammcken

cammcken Chieftain

I hope almost everything follows civ4...

Not only your neighbor's contested tiles, but your own shared tiles. I hope this change doesn't aggravate the annoying situation where you wanted a resource tile to go to your newer city but, when you weren't paying attention, your old city grabs it before you can bust out a settler. (And so the new city gets denied a stable/circus/forge/stoneworks or that trade route boost.)