New Version - December 6th (12/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. Slight increment over 12/1, mainly a difficulty scaler rework and bugfixes.

Bugfixes
  • Bugfixes and requests from github
  • Combat preview shows combat tiles and better damage estimates in some situations
Balance
  • Difficulty scaler reworked, new modifiers added to dfficultymod.xml
  • Reduced yields gained from all historic events except entering a new era, which has the yield bonus from difficulty doubled
  • Only 'big' historic events or city expansion trigger food/production/border growth in cities for AI - otherwise it is just national yields
  • Reduced AI's free supply at all levels (unusually high supply actually just hurts the AI in some situations)

Not savegame compatible. Online as of this post.

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

Cheers,
Gazebo

Ah dang, and I just got midway into my China game. Thanks G!

Sad I can't play until monday.

From 12-1, it seems that the fix to paper is working well. The civs that had more CS alliances were those that went wider (Ethiopia and me). Expending Great Diplomats for paper gives a lot of paper, for what I need, but I was still at envoys, so maybe it's necessary for the late game diplo units. If ever, I'd suggest to limit the extra paper only when expending Great Diplomats for influence. Getting an embassy and one paper in the same action seems too much.

My experience (12-1) from classical to medieval was like playing again in Prince. From Renaissance to modern, like playing King, and starting Industrial age, it feels like Emperor again, even with my good start. I used the early game to conquer half Brazil (incredible forests, brazil+maya), and to break down netherland power. Assyria and Sweden were occupied one with the other. Ethiopia was alone in a huge continent with her own religion. By Industrial, Ethiopia is a runaway, but she's on par with me. Unfortunately, everyone hates me for my greed of CS alliances, and only Assyria (Brazil is my vassal) hasn't declared war against me. But only Ethiopia is threatening with updated units.
Following the progression of 12-1, I'm afraid that I won't win this game.

I found a little weird thing with CP only, the Korean UA is ultra mega overpowered, I was in information era before 1800 >< not fun to play. In late game, with 7 cities, build a science building give me 3 or 4 tech at 1 turn each because of the "per cities bonus".
I have look into the code and it seem to be in the dll, but clearly I think this is a dll function for CPB not CP only because without the others CPB balance changes it made the korean OP as fudge for science victory.

Last edited:
will try back on difficulty 6 and see, but i'm guessing from the explanation that it's still a full difficulty level harder. That isn't a bad thing.

Just takes the effort of playing several games to find the right difficulty to be on.

Still getting same error no luxory resources...

[12150.343] WRN: A resource bundle lookup returned a result from the root locale (not an error).
Yap the problem is the 43 civ file...

And the more luxories file

Last edited:
Still getting same error no luxory resources...

[12150.343] WRN: A resource bundle lookup returned a result from the root locale (not an error).
Yap the problem is the 43 civ file...

And the more luxories file

Spamming this is not useful. Make a GitHub post.

G

I'm getting my ass completely handed to me on emperor on this patch x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom