New Version - December 6th (12/6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question:

When i build Defense in a city it literaly doubles strength of a city and works immideatly, i only need to move a unit in and out. This is definetely helpful when defending, i have a city with an Archer that has 25:c5strength: without walls. But on the other hand this makes some seiges nearly impossible.

upload_2017-12-9_20-41-29.png

upload_2017-12-9_20-41-58.png

74 strength in Medeival! Turn124, i have Catapults and Horseman!
upload_2017-12-9_20-42-37.png

Wow, that what it was in my last game, and I was thinking that it is a bug. When I attacked Inca city and it's defence was changing every 2 turns, from 10 to 20-25 )))

does the game choose to use vox populi attribute or jfd mods? eg, both version of the same building have their own stats, which one will be use by the game or they add up?
That I don't have an answer to since I've intentionally avoided using JFD's mods together with VP for the time being. I used to combine them a few years ago though, when CBP and JFD mods seemed to be more compatible balance-wise.

Wow, that what it was in my last game, and I was thinking that it is a bug. When I attacked Inca city and it's defence was changing every 2 turns, from 10 to 20-25 )))
I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, building Defense shoould convert 10% into city strength, and as far as i understand, right now convertion rate is 100%

That I don't have an answer to since I've intentionally avoided using JFD's mods together with VP for the time being. I used to combine them a few years ago though, when CBP and JFD mods seemed to be more compatible balance-wise.
Well it seems for now, that VP overrides all of JFD mods, only new stuff added by JFD mods retain their value

I'm pretty sure that this is a bug, building Defense shoould convert 10% into city strength, and as far as i understand, right now convertion rate is 100%
Yeah, checked right now and it is true 100% converts to defence.

Stonehenge has been getting built SUPER early on Emperor, too. Previously if I used America's tile-buying to rush it as much as possible, I was pretty much 100% guaranteed to get it. This time around I have failed in five different games, getting 1-turned once and not even being close the other times.

Ironically I've been getting Stonehenge on immortal. Use gold on it and start immediately. You should get it.

Ironically I've been getting Stonehenge on immortal. Use gold on it and start immediately. You should get it.

That's... that's exactly what I was doing, except using America's ability, which is actually better than investing.

Actually scrap that, I achieved turn 19 Stonehenge somehow with Assyria :v

I've had it grabbed before turn 16 on deity 4 times in a row now. There's no way I could do that.
It is possible for the USA to build it before then. I've completed it as USA on turn 11. With lucky gold ruins you can do some really fun stuff as Washington (but generally speaking, yea stonehenge isn't a great idea on higher difficulties this patch)

So having played a decent amount:
1- There is 100% a bug in defense focus. AI's capital went from 30 to 70 CS in medieval. Submitted to github.
2- There has to be a bug around Stonehenge. It's absurd how quickly it goes every game on deity.
3- The AI's numbers are too high. (at least on Deity.) They're at pre-adjustment levels of tech early game, and only speed up as the game goes on. I'll try some new numbers and see if I can find something that's balanced. Please don't take this to be a criticism in the slightest. I know we're just adjusting these numbers and needed to start somewhere.

3- The AI's numbers are too high. (at least on Deity.) They're at pre-adjustment levels of tech early game, and only speed up as the game goes on. I'll try some new numbers and see if I can find something that's balanced. Please don't take this to be a criticism in the slightest. I know we're just adjusting these numbers and needed to start somewhere.
I'm not sure about that. I've been running a terrible Venice game where I can't afford to purchase buildings and I've managed to sort of keep up by crippling my neighbors while sending only a few trade routes to the leading civ.
My current complaints are summed up by a deep hatred of the supply cap, and a seething hatred of Sweden in this game. I've taken 6 of his 10 cities, including his capital, and somehow they're making 300 GPT -3x my output, despite having Thrift!- while pumping out a brand new army of knights and heavy skirmishers after I beat his massive horde of spearmen and archers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom