Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny about this, to me, is that
a.) You have no idea what this means within the function
b.) You're operating off of now-obsolete numbers
c.) You have no idea how that function plays into the actual diplo AI decision-making.

You're essentially no better than a parrot in this situation. You repeat what you heard because you think it's worth saying or - gasp - it is somehow a solid argument, but you reveal your ignorance in the process.

G
I know what this numbers are doing in the function, I have studied too and Iam able to understand complex problems too, especially mathematical and technical ones. I didnt repeat what Ive heard, I have read the list how the AI calculates the apporach towards other civs and we already have done some talk about cause some of the values didnt made that much sense to me. We may have our differences but didnt call me an idiot.
I dont think a discussion in this direction is necessary, we should concentrate on fixing the happiness and aiming for the same goal.

I know what this numbers are doing in the function, I have studied too and Iam able to understand complex problems too, especially mathematical and technical ones. I didnt repeat what Ive heard, I have read the list how the AI calculates the apporach towards other civs and we already have done some talk about cause some of the values didnt made that much sense to me. We may have our differences but didnt call me an idiot.
I dont think a discussion in this direction is necessary, we should concentrate on fixing the happiness and aiming for the same goal.

Then explain it to me. Please. Because you clearly don't think I know how it works. So enlighten me. Keep in mind that I wrote all of it.

I didn't call you an idiot, I called you a parrot. You're repeating what others copied and pasted onto the subforum, but you don't know what it means.

G

Ultimately the AI in VP cannot evolve and so it is still just a complex machine. But please let us not patronize parrots. A parrot is greater than the sum of its parts because it can evolve.

Over millions of years sure. Bird men!

G

One thing that maybe could be improved and wthat I've noticed in my games is the tendency for the AI to put his GG's at risk of being easily killed. It doesn't seem to care about them being protected at all cost.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-10_15-11-7.png
    upload_2019-3-10_15-11-7.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 171
GG at risk of getting killed again in the same game. I'll probably do it, but I don't want to lose my ship.

EDIT: yeah, my trimere had 6 movement points so I got a free GG kill again :)

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-10_21-58-41.png
    upload_2019-3-10_21-58-41.png
    7 MB · Views: 183
Just a little thing, but when letting the AI choose tiles while making a settler, it doesn't recognize that food is converted to production, so it usually picks a completely sub-optimal set with a higher turn count. Is there an easy fix, or is it an inherent issue with the calculation order?

I know this isn't about the game, but here's a recent video detailing new insights and discoveries at the mausoleum of the first Qin Emperor (Terracotta Army).

Gazebo why are you testing on a small (or tiny?) map with standard-tier amount of civs/city states? This is an anomalous, unreliable testing environment. The amount of cities every single civ has here is a result of there being no place to expand for anyone so of course both continents are filled, it only takes roughly 4 cities for each civ to take all the possible space. You can't know if they fill it just like so on a regular map people actually play with a typical amount of civs. it's very small compared to what they should have on standard. What your picture shows can only prove BiteInTheMark's argument.

Siplsibl confirmed next to be added to VP

I can't even figure out what this was supposed to have meant LOL.

Hello and thank you for the fantastic community patch. It's like I discovered the game again !

Though I ran into 3 different problems :
  • The community events went out of control. Every few turns, each civilization can choose from a "unique civ" event. I had trouble understanding why I was called Nebuchadnezzar playing with Pocatello. So by turn 300 every civilisation already had 5-6 of these bonuses (aquaculture from the indonesian not even in game, danish one, everyone chose to use the comet to build a wonder, etc...)
  • I cannot see what is going on in the diplomacy screen. It words 50% of the time, or they just propose a trade but nothing shows in the trade window. I suppose it has to do with EUI. Tried to clear the cache but it did not change anything.
  • A crash just happened during AI turn. I don't think it has to do with Vox populi but that is so unnerving. Turn 457 on epic speed, I identified Buenos Aires making peace with Zanzibar while they just declared war together during the same AI turn. Tried the "declare war" roundabout but it does not work. It happens it EVERY game i play, every time, this Shoshone game was really interesting with betrayal from Boudicca and now me focusing on tourism for culture victory, while having made a lot of choice since turn 150 towards this. All this strategy for nothing, one more time, huh...

Hello and thank you for the fantastic community patch. It's like I discovered the game again !

Though I ran into 3 different problems :
  • The community events went out of control. Every few turns, each civilization can choose from a "unique civ" event. I had trouble understanding why I was called Nebuchadnezzar playing with Pocatello. So by turn 300 every civilisation already had 5-6 of these bonuses (aquaculture from the indonesian not even in game, danish one, everyone chose to use the comet to build a wonder, etc...)
  • I cannot see what is going on in the diplomacy screen. It words 50% of the time, or they just propose a trade but nothing shows in the trade window. I suppose it has to do with EUI. Tried to clear the cache but it did not change anything.
  • A crash just happened during AI turn. I don't think it has to do with Vox populi but that is so unnerving. Turn 457 on epic speed, I identified Buenos Aires making peace with Zanzibar while they just declared war together during the same AI turn. Tried the "declare war" roundabout but it does not work. It happens it EVERY game i play, every time, this Shoshone game was really interesting with betrayal from Boudicca and now me focusing on tourism for culture victory, while having made a lot of choice since turn 150 towards this. All this strategy for nothing, one more time, huh...
Are you running other mods?

Do the empty deals happen often? I have seen bug reports like this on GitHub, but It am not experiencing these myself (on the previous version).

The crash is sad. Are you using any other mods? You can try deleting "suspicious" units or even the city state (mind you, the notification can be delayed / shifted, so the Zanzibar peace declaration can be unrelated) with IGE if you want to salvage your current game.

I see empty deals occasionally too. It's annoying when the deal is a help request/etc and lowers your relationship when you have to decline. I don't have any other mods that would affect this.

I see empty deals occasionally too. It's annoying when the deal is a help request/etc and lowers your relationship when you have to decline. I don't have any other mods that would affect this.
Halleloo! I haven't seen any empty help/request trades, but I do get empty "we should continue this trade" offers. I also get requests for continuing open borders even though the AI says it's impossible and won't let me accept. (these happen frequently when I'm close to a cultural victory)

Are you running other mods?
Yes, actually the "community events" from steam workshop. I deactivated it, it was probably why there were so many major civ events. Began a new game without it, so far this problem seems resolved.
But no other mods from the Vox Populi ones.

Do the empty deals happen often? I have seen bug reports like this on GitHub, but It am not experiencing these myself (on the previous version).

The crash is sad. Are you using any other mods? You can try deleting "suspicious" units or even the city state (mind you, the notification can be delayed / shifted, so the Zanzibar peace declaration can be unrelated) with IGE if you want to salvage your current game.
The empty deals happens very often.
I suppose IGE is a kind of external program for save editing ? and I should erase Zanzibar from this program ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom