New Version - February 7th (2/7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New official version inbound. Lots of good stuff here. I'm going to link to the old changelogs as well so that people can know what has changed since December's official version (it's a lot!). Here's the current changelog for this version:

General
  • Bugfixes and some performance improvements
  • Improvements to AI diplomatic behavior in some scenarios (including demands)
  • Revolts now a minumum of 10 turns, resets to 10 if you come out of unhappiness/pressure (no more surprise flips, as funny as that was to read)
  • Trade route speed and vision weirdness issues resolved - routes should be a bit shorter as well (duration-wise)

Balance
  • Difficulty
    • Halved AI culture bonuses from handicap (if too much, we'll try again later)
  • Tiles
    • Flat desert resources gain +1p
  • Resources:
    • Fish - added +1f (base)
    • Whale - removed +1s, added +1p (base)
    • Truffles, Cotton - +1g (when improvement)
    • Sugar, Coffee - +1f (base)
    • Marble, Tea - loses +1p (when improvement)
  • Beliefs
    • Founder- Council now 6/6 on conversion (was 10/10)
  • Buildings:
    • Forge - now grants mines +2p (was +1)
  • Spies
    • Espionage Modifier on Police Station/Constable reduced to -25 (was -50/-33)
    • Counterspying is more effective than before
    • Spy rank matters more for all actions
  • Reworked happiness threshold reductions from buildings a bit
    • Reduced larger modifiers to 25/30
    • Illiteracy
      • Added Museum as Illiteracy reduction
    • Poverty
      • Added Customs House/Hanse and Bank as Poverty Reduction buildings
    • Crime
      • Added Military Academy and Military Base as Crime Reduction
      • Intelligence Agency now -15 global (was -30 local)
    • Boredom
      • Added Broadcast Tower as Boredom reduction
  • Luxury+Population scaling model reworked
    • No longer looks at dynamic population as the scaler over time , now sets a static threshold for each level based on pop/tech/city count at time of setting - prevents weirdness at higher pops where you chase an un-catchable number. Should result in a bit more happiness from luxuries overall.

Online as of 10:00pm EST. Not savegame compatible with previous versions.

Link: https://mega.nz/#F!DMsxkDYI!zSpR9CHpmAfWyIvMXaN3pw

Main link will also be updated.

Old version changelogs:

Cheers,
Gazebo

Last edited:
Gonna try and steal R&F’s thunder? You dirty dog you. Now I have quite the decision to make...

Edit: Wow, forge is even more of a gamechanger than it used to be.

It all looks very promising. I'm glad you went light on addressing happiness for now. Between the various specific building buffs and the major culture-discrepancy reduction, happiness should be much less of a problem as is.

It all looks very promising. I'm glad you went light on addressing happiness for now. Between the various specific building buffs and the major culture-discrepancy reduction, happiness should be mch less of a problem as is.

It largely ends in the same result reduction-wise, but comes a bit more smoothly. The little bit of extra luxury happiness should reward wide players a bit and put happiness back into the -10/+10 sweet-spot.

So.. cities no longer flip?

G, I really appreciate you trying some things to smooth out the happiness system. And for fixing the immediate flip bug:)

Overall I like it. Feel like one step closer to the finish line. Maybe some more tweaks to the AI handicaps, maybe a religious adjustment here or there, some tweaks on some late game buildings perhaps...but honestly I feel like there isn't too much left to tweak.

Crime
  • Added Military Academy and Military Base as Crime Reduction
  • Intelligence Agency now -15 global (was -30 local)

Yes, please! Have 43 Crime over 11 Cities in my current game.

So Forges turn Mines into 5 :c5production:. :c5happy: Nice.

awesome! but still no extra sight while embarked for bandeirantes like explorers :(

I like everything I see here! We're nearing completion, which is crazy exciting. What even happens then? I think it might be like a dog who catches the car... :p
1. polishing of new player experience (changelog from vanilla)
2. an official mod installer with multiplayer version inside
3. some marketing to get the word spread
4. watch as hundreds of new players stream into the forums
5. create weekly custom achievement challanges
6. organize tournaments
7. watch the community thrive

8. create new expansion for vox populi with new features never imagined

Last edited:
uh. i have a "distance: 1" traderoute. have to refresh trade route every turn. UI doesn't tell me how many turns it should last. city is founded in minimal distance and is connected with roads.

1. polishing of new player experience (changelog from vanilla)
9. Witness Firaxis release patch in 2018 for Civilization 5 disabling all in-game mods and enabling an in-game banner advertising R&F in blinking neon yellow colors with warning banner "If you are enjoying Vox populi and have increased dopamine levels you will be punished by our corporate team, fun is disabled ":borg:

Last edited:
9. Witness Firaxis release patch in 2018 for Civilization 5 disabling all in-game mods and enabling an in-game banner advertising R&F in blinking neon yellow colors with warning banner "If you are enjoying Vox populi and have increased dopamine levels you will be punished by our corporate team, fun is disabled ":borg:
it's true!

Would have liked 8/8 more on council of elders but I am looking forward to have a reason after all to pick sonething different :)

civsugar.png

4:c5food:1:c5production:1:c5gold: on forest is a bit nuts for an unimproved tile, feels like 1 bonus yield slipped through.

Edit: it shouldn't even spawn there, using vanilla mapscripts/random map.

civsugar2.png

Also salt buff is not necessary if mines are buffed on the same update: easy to connect, early stoneworks, good monopoly.

civtea.png

Tea, on the other hand, doesn't get many buffs over the base tile and they come late. At +1:c5food: only and with a monopoly that doesn't give flat yields, building tea plantations is very low priority.

Last edited:
Thanks for the smoother treshold reduction by buildings, this will help a lot. I still would have liked to see the population effect reduced a bit, like a qarter of the former increase. And reduce the treshold reductions a bit to compensate, making less hard difference.
But simply lets try the result first. :)

Resources:
  • Fish - added +1f (base)
  • Whale - removed +1s, added +1p (base)
  • Truffles, Cotton - +1g (when improvement)
  • Fur - +1p (when improvement)
  • Sugar, Salt - +1f (when improvement)
  • Marble, Tea - loses +1p (when improvement)
I agree with @randomnub, the increase of sugar and salt was unnecessary. Both are already very valuable early yields and nice monopoly. Btw, it looks like you messed up with sugar, you increased its base value, not its improved value.
Increased yields for improved camps: needed.
Iam a bit sad about whales, would it be possible to give something other the science? It really is enjoying and special.

Oh I was still editing :D Generally speaking I think the n-th thread about yield balance on lux was an unnecessary mess but that's all edits we can easily change on our own.

Furs +1 :c5production: is also been applied on base tile, not on the camp improvement.

civfur.png

This looks really promising.

I'm starting a new game straight away.

Thanks for the work Gazebo - really appreciate what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom