Welcome to 2017! Here's the changelog:

==CP==

=Bugfixes=
  • General text fixes
  • Some fixes for rare CTDs
  • Performance optimizations and tactical AI improvements
  • Misc bugfixes (github issues)

=Additions=
  • Added Merill changes and requests, Enginseer's requests, and Sukritact's requests
  • Units can be purchased if a garrison is on the tile, so long as there is a nearby tile for the unit to jump to
=AI=
  • Completely refactored AI alliance/DP/enemy logic - should use a more consistent metric for setting up blocs of power and will respond more appropriately to threats.
  • AI military might now calculated as a factor of their handicap bonus at all levels. If the AI gets a 10% handicap boost to unit cap, for example, their military score will by reduced by 5%. If 50%, then by 25%. And so on. (Experimental concept)
  • Tweaks to expansion logic and city production queue prioritization
==Balance==
  • Adjusted military score to scale based on empire size, and to contribute less towards a player's score.
  • Reworked war weariness to be somewhat less punishing (CP)
  • Religious presure against pantheons less severe- should control early spread of religion and increase importance of missionary/prophet manual expansion (CP)
  • Tweaked Historic Events such that they give the average of culture + tourism production over 10 turns (instead of just the total culture) - will increase value of 'flat' tourism and reduce potency of culture per turn as a source of historic event tourism (CBO)
  • Every owned capital (other than the first) reduces your total tourism output in each city (as a %) based on the % of non-owned, major civ capitals remaining in the world. i.e. if there are 4 capitals, and you control 1 additional capital, your tourism will be reduced by 25% in all cities! (CBO)

Units:
  • Reduced range on Atomic Bomb to 6 (was 10)
  • Diplo units have a 5 turn purchase cool-down in the city, and Envoys can only be purchased in cities with a Chancery
Buildings:
  • Bazaar: now +4 Gold (was +3), +2 Science
  • Chancery now +1g/+2p (was +1g/+2c), Wire Service now +2c/+2s (was +2p/+2s)
Wonders:
  • Hagia Sophia now +5f/+5c
  • Summer Palace: free Chancery replaced with 'all Chanceries produce +3 Gold and +1 Culture'

Pantheons:
  • Festivals reduced to +1 Faith (was +2)
  • God-King now +1 per 5 (was per 6)
  • Goddess of love now +12 (was +10) per citizen birth
  • Stars and Sky Culture now +1 (was +2)
  • Beauty: Removed % bonus to wonders, reduced faith to +1 (and removed + 1 culture) - pantheon now ignores policy cost requirements for all pre-renaissance wonders
  • Risky, as there aren't many inherent bonuses, but being able to ignore policy needs until the renaissance is a powerful gamble
  • Goddess of Wisdom: now +1 Faith, +2 Science per city (flipped)

Celts:
  • Dagda now 1 per 4 (was 1 per 5)
  • Ogma now 1s per 3, +15c per birth (was 4, 8)
  • Nuada: now 5GAP/10c per GPT (was 10, 15)
  • Rhiannon: added +2 production
  • Manannan now +3f (was +2)
  • Cernunnos: added +1c from forests, +1s from Jungles

Enhancers:
  • Clericalsm - now +25% yields from Friendly/Allied CSs that share religion (removed +15 resting point element)
  • Zealotry - now grants +3% to strategic resource stores per city following your religion, up to a max of 50% (so 3% to all SR pools per following city) - removed flat 50% tile-based element

Civs:
  • Arabia: UA grants +2 science (was +1)

Online as of 12:15am EST. Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!SY8Q0BYJ!M2Qp7rFaU9gi26CxoYRqtkZPrvu1BJBMTYvZu7DrRp0

Cheers,
Gazebo

Last edited:
Hi G, I wish you a happy new year. Do you know when you are going to update the mod on Steam? I released the German module of the Community Patch there, so I hope I can update it as soon as possible.

Too much hype for me today with this and the Switch Presentation.

So Goddess of Beauty grants you access to any wonder when you get the Tech. So you can beeline as a Science to get the Wonders you want. It can also guarantee you the Alhambra.

Last edited:
Pantheons:
I thought we'd already tested this out, and it didn't cut it at all.
I realize that people were complaining and that there isn't really a number between 2 and 1, but people were complaining just as much back before when it was at 1 faith.
These both do make sense, been trying to make GoL work quite a few times recently and it was always overwhelming.
This sounds rather underwhelming, honestly. Tundra tiles aren't strong enough to seek out, and this belief doesn't change that.
  • Beauty: Removed % bonus to wonders, reduced faith to +1 (and removed + 1 culture) - pantheon now ignores policy cost requirements for all pre-renaissance wonders
  • Risky, as there aren't many inherent bonuses, but being able to ignore policy needs until the renaissance is a powerful gamble
This sounds really weird, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.
Not really sure what I think about this, but let's see how it flies.

AI military might now calculated as a factor of their handicap bonus at all levels. If the AI gets a 10% handicap boost to unit cap, for example, their military score will by reduced by 5%. If 50%, then by 25%. And so on. (Experimental concept)
I'm going to start testing this tomorrow! Thanks so much!
I don't think Stars/Sky needed the nerf, but I'll reserve judgement while we test. If it's too weak I'd suggest adding 1 food. (less useful than the 1 culture, but also very helpful for Tundra.)

Festivals sounds right now. I've found that it's always the pantheon that comes to mind with late game scaling, but it also boasted incredibly fast benefits. Now God-King undeniably outscales it late game, and it's not crazy early. (but still very good all game.)

God-King looks great, but I'm going to need to test it to be sure. Still sub-par early, but really good mid-late.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've never been more than 1 policy behind a wonder I want to build, and rarely at that. Beauty looks useless to me, but maybe there's an entire strategy I've overlooked or not tried yet.

Goddess of Wisdom might be a bit weak now, but I think it feels better than before. Like it both gives and gets science. Should be a reduction of 1 or 2 FPT early when you factor in hitting the 15 SPT sooner. This is another one that requires testing. Looks best for Progress or Authority, will be interesting.

Zealotry - now grants +3% to strategic resource stores per city following your religion, up to a max of 50% (so 3% to all SR pools per following city) - removed flat 50% tile-based element

Not sure the about anything surrounding this. I don't remember anyone complaining about Zealotry being OP. This is a nerf, right? Or does this affect stuff that the previous one didn't? I guess we'll need to wait and see here too.

Overall very happy with and excited for the new patch! Going to be hard to get to sleep now, I'm so excited for finishing work and playing some VP tomorrow! :)

Too much hype for me today with this and the Switch Presentation.

So Goddess of Beauty grants you access to any wonder when you get the Tech. So you can beeline as a Science to get the Wonders you want. It can also guarantee you the Alhambra.
I agree this is great as for me, it's usually Machu Pichu(sp) that requires an additional tech. If you're playing as Babylon or the Inca that wonder is amazing

One thing I'm noticing in this patch: I started a game as The Celts, made a few Pictish Warriors, and now the barbarian brutes don't seem so proactive in attacking my units. Could it be that they're aware of my combat strength and so avoid me?

The hand axe barbs did attack me though

Happy new year everyone!

re: Zealotry
Before, it was a city-based bonus : if the tile produce +1 strat, the belief doesn't give you an other one. Now it seems to be a global bonus, so it may be a nerf or a buff, it depends.

Wow, there's nothing too drastic, but it feels like a major release.
Tweaked Historic Events such that they give the average of culture + tourism production over 10 turns (instead of just the total culture) - will increase value of 'flat' tourism and reduce potency of culture per turn as a source of historic event tourism (CBO)
I new you will surprise with a better way to handle that.

I agree with Funak and ElliotS, Stars and Sky wasn't that powerful, and ElliotS suggestion seems a nice compromise, if it really needed to be nerfed.

Units can be purchased if a garrison is on the tile, so long as there is a nearby tile for the unit to jump to
What an improvement for QoL!!

AI military might now calculated as a factor of their handicap bonus at all levels. If the AI gets a 10% handicap boost to unit cap, for example, their military score will by reduced by 5%. If 50%, then by 25%. And so on. (Experimental concept)

I want to try it in Chieftain, to see if something weird arises.

Every owned capital (other than the first) reduces your total tourism output in each city (as a %) based on the % of non-owned, major civ capitals remaining in the world. i.e. if there are 4 capitals, and you control 1 additional capital, your tourism will be reduced by 25% in all cities! (CBO)

Nice counterweight.

Last edited:
Not sure the about anything surrounding this. I don't remember anyone complaining about Zealotry being OP. This is a nerf, right? Or does this affect stuff that the previous one didn't? I guess we'll need to wait and see here too.

A situational major buff it it affects CS gifts.

Nice. I like all the changes, though Stars and Sky will be pretty bad now.
I won't ever take Beauty, though I never took it before either so it's not a big change. It's a pretty bad concept as why should I not take a superior Faith + yields pantheon with some Culture strapped on, like God-King, Ancestor Worship, etc. instead so I can get wonders as soon/almost as soon as I get the techs? Seems useless to me.

Nice. I like all the changes, though Stars and Sky will be pretty bad now.
I won't ever take Beauty, though I never took it before either so it's not a big change. It's a pretty bad concept as why should I not take a superior Faith + yields pantheon with some Culture strapped on, like God-King, Ancestor Worship, etc. instead so I can get wonders as soon/almost as soon as I get the techs? Seems useless to me.
I think it'd be more useful in later game when the techs do require more policies. Maybe even early game if you're lacking culture for Petra or Great Lighthouse

I can now choose more than 22 civs, is that a new addition as well???

Oh crud. Did my merge to master bork? Well just don't add more than 22. :)

:) i don't mind that at all. But if I chose more than 22. How is it functioning, like leaderscreens and such?
I guess I can disable City States Evolved because it don't seem to function anymore. I'll get back on that.

Well it seems that I can't add more than 20 CS, and if I add more than 22 civs the resource placement seems bugged and the marsh tile gfx is replaced with the tundra tile gfx :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom