New Version - January 15th (1-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game functions better with culture and science behind improvements, rather than being on the resource itself.
Sure, but would it be fair and balanced too, if the science for improvements is unlocked by a mine/camp OR by a plantation on a forest luxury?
As already said, science as base is OK, if I need relative long to improve the ressorce, like a compensation.
Btw. I would prevent resources from gaining completely the same amounts as base/improved and flat yield monopolies. Only getting gold, gold and gold is a bit annoying, in comparison to much more valuable yields like production and culture.

I played for quick one hour yesterday. So I didn't see any science on my jade and incense resources. I guess the science is only for some resources. Limited application. What is big deal ? We already have resources giving culture directly. So why not have science too ?

I've made some strange observation, no direct bug, but it doesn't look right to me. It's around turn 160, Standard speed, emperor, on the brink to renaissance.
Several civs doesn't build any walls in their cities except their capitol. Assyria has 6 cities but only their capital is walled. They are now declaring 3rd time war to neighboring shoshone, but some of his bordering cities have only 5 defence. I think 2 or 3 tribok shots and they are gone. That doesn't look right to me.

Citrus is an awful resource. Having +1 science on start kind of redeemed it. Yes, you have early science, but you are also working resources with below average yields for a long time.
Yes, you can surprise your immediate neighbor, so what? Once you expand, that science has diminishing returns. If you don't expand, your neighbors will predate on your science via trade routes.

Carthage again: In the last few patches, other civs periodically take Commerce ahead of me. What's odd about this is that I start with a shrine, and rush it. Assuming India's not going for it, would the culprit be somebody who finds a super-early gold ruin... combined with a shift in AI pantheon prioriries?

Last edited:
Carthage again: In the last few patches, other civs periodically take Commerce ahead of me. What's odd about this is that I strt with a shrine, and rush it. Assuming India's not going for it, would the culprit be somebody who finds a super-early gold ruin... combined with a shift in AI pantheon prioriries?
Faith city states can put someone a turn or two ahead.

I had an annoying interaction in the game.

1) Barbarians take my settler & marches it to a camp.

2) Brazil takes the camp before me, liberating the aforementioned unit. It remains a settler for them.

3) I DOW Brazil and take the unit the next turn. My settler is converted to a worker.

Carthage again: In the last few patches, other civs periodically take Commerce ahead of me. What's odd about this is that I strt with a shrine, and rush it. Assuming India's not going for it, would the culprit be somebody who finds a super-early gold ruin... combined with a shift in AI pantheon prioriries?
Check the Januar Beta - Patch Preview. Gazebo posted the build order of Berlin on a King difficulty game. Berlin was able to build shrine in 7 turns and monument in another 4. I would like to know how they have done this, cause the city must have atleast generate 13 hammer to finish it in that time. A bit too much for a 1-2 size city. Most likely they have found a hammer ruin. It may be the same in your case. Get a hammer ruin and meet a religious CS first and you have such results.

Edit: As you can see here, its turn 158. Everyone has around 26-29 tech. But the AI didnt build any walls. Lots of AI cities with 5 defence, while CS have a defence of 40-50.

Last edited:
Hurry production button on Great Engineers is missing for me in this version. Never had a problem with that in previous versions. Only mod besides this one is Really Advanced Setup. Anyone having similar issues?

I think the happiness is nuts. I've modified luxuries to provide 2 and the base needs to be -15% because otherwise it's unplayable for both me and the AI. Even now as I wage wars I see I get a buff thanks to AI's unhappiness (+20 vs Russia who thought it was smart to make 15 cities in classical), so they aren't doing well. Korea was unhappy too (tradition, 7 cities before I borrowed 4 + capital), and so was China (10~ cities at highest, soon to be 1 or 0 depending on my mood)

I think the happiness is nuts. I've modified luxuries to provide 2 and the base needs to be -15% because otherwise it's unplayable for both me and the AI. Even now as I wage wars I see I get a buff thanks to AI's unhappiness (+20 vs Russia who thought it was smart to make 15 cities in classical), so they aren't doing well. Korea was unhappy too (tradition, 7 cities before I borrowed 4 + capital), and so was China (10~ cities at highest, soon to be 1 or 0 depending on my mood)
I wanna make a MP tomorrow but dont want to end it with frustration by unhappiness, could you pls say how you have done the luxury change?

I wanna make a MP tomorrow but dont want to end it with frustration by unhappiness, could you pls say how you have done the luxury change?

Go to (2) Community Balance Overhaul/Modular Elements/Happiness Mod (all that in mods folder)

Go to LuxuryHappiness.sql, change

UPDATE Resources
SET Happiness = '1'
WHERE Happiness > '0' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LUXURY_HAPPINESS' AND Value= 1 );

into

UPDATE Resources
SET Happiness = '2'
WHERE Happiness > '0' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='COMMUNITY_CORE_BALANCE_LUXURY_HAPPINESS' AND Value= 1 );

what did you change ?

lol you read in my mind

Interesting, it's been great in my AI tests. What difficulty?

G

Check the Januar Beta - Patch Preview. Gazebo posted the build order of Berlin on a King difficulty game. Berlin was able to build shrine in 7 turns and monument in another 4. I would like to know how they have done this, cause the city must have atleast generate 13 hammer to finish it in that time. A bit too much for a 1-2 size city. Most likely they have found a hammer ruin. It may be the same in your case. Get a hammer ruin and meet a religious CS first and you have such results.

Edit: As you can see here, its turn 158. Everyone has around 26-29 tech. But the AI didnt build any walls. Lots of AI cities with 5 defence, while CS have a defence of 40-50.

If you think there's a bug, report it the proper way, please. This kind of stuff just isn't helpful.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom