1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 26th (1/26)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 26, 2017.

1. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Warlord

Like most of the changes here (honestly, it's about time Poland took a hit to their UA) :D. If India's taking a hit however, I'm going to re-establish the request of them being able to build Inquisitor's, or at the very least, giving their capital some kind of resistance to Great Prophets, to help the AI (and to a far lesser extent players) un-hussle themselves in religion wars.

2. Boombar

Boombar Chieftain

I would really like to see that mod work with VP(EUI). There is way to many notification i don't care about especially when playing super wide.

3. saamohod

saamohod Prince

Anyone else has problem downloading from MEGA?

4. Legen

Legen King

From the limited testing so far, Japan's UA seems to be reducing tourism from foreign historic events by 50%, which isn't documented in the changelog. So far, liking it.

5. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

I used it to notify me whenever a citizen was born or borders expanded, since I assign and lock every citizen manually... but now, it no longer seems to load. Hopefully G can pin down the issue.

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

There was a slash flip typo on my end when I moved a lua file into the no-EUI/EUI compatibility files. Thankfully it'll be savegame compatible. Uploading a new version in this thread shortly.

Classical buildings were not changed very much cost-wise (primarily renaissance and up). Also the wonder scaling has always been there, however it lacked a tooltip explanation.

After valuation, the AI still selects from the top X, where X is determined by difficulty level. For most difficulty levels that X is 2, so that's what you are seeing. The valuation model does use a bit of flavoring, however I've added a lot more sanity to it over the past year.

Poland needed it. AI was always a runaway. I think the new UA is fine - keeps the flavor of the old one while not being a wholesale takeaway nerf.

And yeah, at this point I'm no longer surprised by Firaxis's AI team. If any of you are reading, you really should be ashamed. :(

Yep, sorry, forgot to document, doing so now.

G

Edit: hotfix link here - https://mega.nz/#!qZ0h2bzZ!3gSKlnBqCRJWDmhLNDcnAw9Yn8jDF9jJ4kdWnWCyRbc

If you want just the no-EUI file, replace the one in your MODS folder with this (smaller download size): https://mega.nz/#!LAMXSBpB!4FBrGyBSPQeJlDeUYQL6WKuxs5TvgsInFSdCcrrL4Ao

7. peterw1987

peterw1987 Prince

Wow, hundreds hours playing, but wonder cost increased per previous wonder is new for me. Thats why sometimes i am confused by how some wonders from same era and required same number of policy difference in hammer. I thought it was because one wonder is more OP or superior than others.

You might said that clasical building not upscaled by much, but now investing in ancient era building cost 90 instead of 70, and classical is 200 instead of 160. Hammer increased by roughly 20% if i count correctly.

8. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Gold doesn't scale linerally. I think i increased classical by 10 production?

9. peterw1987

peterw1987 Prince

I was mentioning gold investment cost. Because it is easier for me to see. While hammer need extra effort to see.

I will check the hammer cost again.

10. Jdoug312

Jdoug312 Warlord

About to start a game now, but from the changelog, I'm very happy that tech/culture costs were increased. Domination victory has been hard recently because I simply couldn't conquer fast enough to keep pace with other victory types. It may have been fine on pangea (idk, I don't use that map type), but for Communitas, dominating the seas, transporting my land army over oceans, and then winning the wars just didn't happen fast enough in relation to other VCs.

Also excited to see the new DP logic. Great job, G!

Edit- I laughed at the "rip poland" tag at the top.

11. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

I'll play England before I fully judge the change, but that nerf seems a bit harsh. She already has a super late UU an even later UB, and spying itself does come with risk. I'll definitely start up a new play-through and see how it goes.

12. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

Thanks for the update, Gazebo!

13. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

This v1-26 is the end of the overpowered polish trait, at last. I'm going to play other leaders now. Thanks for that :cool:

14. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

Thank you! :)

15. superunicornfan

superunicornfan Chieftain

No resources showing up when I start a game. Any ideas?

Will post on github.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Maybe because Vox Populi prevents bonus resources from being discovered?

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Check the tech tree - you will see which techs reveal which resources. If you don't like this, you can change the settings to reveal all upon start in the options - on my cell now, but the options file is easy to spot in the (2) CBP main folder.

If the resources are not visible at all regardless of techs, then your Civ game is not up to date and you need to update it via Steam.

Bromar1 likes this.
  18. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

Tribute oddities, anyone? Take tribute, wait for the timer to reset to -0 for taking tribute, but then it jumps right back up again, wiping CS quests along with. Was present last version as well.

IcyAngel likes this.
  19. Fujisan

Fujisan Warlord

Randomized Victory Conditions option is a great feature. I'm trying this now.

Just curious, is it possible to implement multiple required victory conditions? For example, to win you have to complete both spaceship and culture victory.
    I always wanted this option be implemented.

20. superunicornfan

superunicornfan Chieftain

Clarification: no resources of any type are showing up. Also, continent types are all jumbled up.

Tech tree indicates that luxuries should be visible but bonus resources should appear with techs. Likewise in the game files it is set to hide only bonus resources at the start.

I'll try updating civ on steam, but I would imagine that's not the issue as I wasn't having this problem earlier this week with the 1/12 mod pack. Thanks for the suggestions guys.