New Version - January 26th (1/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still getting some oddities in tile expansion; avoiding atolls and lakes, getting just forests instead, even if they are further away from the city. Hell, I had a city grab an iron tile four tiles away from the city before a couple lakes two tiles away.

Unfortunately, I do not have the save file handy, as that game went pear-shaped quickly and I started a new one.

I'm still getting some oddities in tile expansion; avoiding atolls and lakes, getting just forests instead, even if they are further away from the city. Hell, I had a city grab an iron tile four tiles away from the city before a couple lakes two tiles away.

Unfortunately, I do not have the save file handy, as that game went pear-shaped quickly and I started a new one.
Doesn't sound like anything new at all actually.

I've noticed as well that lakes are avoided. Why is this? And shouldn't they be given higher priority?

• Japan: tourism from historic events and concert tours reduced by 50% (UA)

Wait. IIRC Concert Tours immediately make foreign civs hit familiar status. Will that initial tourism also be halved?
Side note: Does the Dojo still have it's mysterious music slots.

Thanks a lot, Gazebo. I'll be starting a game shortly. Did the bug where units gets stuck in foreign territory get fixed? It was mentioned a few times, but I don't know if it was reported on Github.

Multiple wonder increase next wonder requirement is a good change too IMO. So runaway civ cannot get all the wonder. We must wisely choose which wonder you really need, and which you dont. Big applause for this brilliant change.

I just left a game in which the Aztecs are 3 policies and 8 techs ahead in 1280AD (t187) and have a LANDSHIP! This is after my prior gae where the Aztecs conquered their entire continent and dominated across the board in every category. It seems to me that DPs should be discouraged among the stronger civs (which you apparently did). But much more important is GW scaling, so (for example) the Aztecs can't have 15 GWs at this stage.

I'll play England before I fully judge the change, but that nerf seems a bit harsh. She already has a super late UU an even later UB, and spying itself does come with risk. I'll definitely start up a new play-through and see how it goes.

This seems a bit much to me at first blush, mainly because very few people have said England is OP. That said, it may come down to one or two tech difference.

I'll try updating civ on steam, but I would imagine that's not the issue as I wasn't having this problem earlier this week with the 1/12 mod pack.

Forgot to mention, the latest Civ5 version ends with .279. You can see the version number below the main menu after you start the game.

could someone upload the patch to some other hosting (filedropper.com) for instance?

Gazebo, I think The Celt's new pantheon may be a tad too strong. +1 culture and +1 food from forests. In my game she has +5 more policies than everyone else, on emperor.

Of course it could just be because it's Emperor.

Just wondering, mind you I have been away from CIv5 for a few months, but was the ability for ships to move into fortresses removed?

Something else I noticed, is that I tend to stockpile all my great works in my capital now. The AI just steals them too often from anywhere else. (and defensive spies though do kill a few, don't do enough to make much deference)

Just wondering, mind you I have been away from CIv5 for a few months, but was the ability for ships to move into fortresses removed?

Naval units can move into forts and citadels. However, you can only make canals -allowing naval units to travel through a strip of land- by alternating either a fort or a citadel and a city (i.e. to move through two plots of land, you need fort/citadel-city, and for three plots of land fort/citadel-city-fort/citadel).

Btw, am I the only one for whom this version is significantly more demanding? In my last two games, turns in the Renaissance were taking as long as they usually do in the Information era. Like, 45 secs+ even without warring and so on. Very unusual.

Naval units can move into forts and citadels. However, you can only make canals -allowing naval units to travel through a strip of land- by alternating either a fort or a citadel and a city (i.e. to move through two plots of land, you need fort/citadel-city, and for three plots of land fort/citadel-city-fort/citadel).
Interesting. Can fort-citadel-fort-citadel create infinitely long canal?

Interesting. Can fort-citadel-fort-citadel create infinitely long canal?

In the past yes, but not anymore. I don't remember what the rule actually is, but in effect you cannot alternate fort and citadel anymore, and thus the maximum number of plots to create a canal is 3.

I really like the increased costs of mid game policies and techs, makes industrial era much longer, more time for other civs to steal techs and catch up, generally makes the game a lot harder for science civs (which is good).

In the past yes, but not anymore. I don't remember what the rule actually is, but in effect you cannot alternate fort and citadel anymore, and thus the maximum number of plots to create a canal is 3.
Fort/Citadel -City -Fort/Citadel is the longest canal someone can make now.

Naval units can't move beyond 1 "amphibious" tile, unless it's fort-city-fort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom