1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

Its functionally very similar to losing all faith.

I'd suggest
    A) Controlling a holy city increases the cost of future great prophets. So if I conquer a religion, I still have to pay the normal price of 1,100 faith to enhance.

B) When you conquer a holy city and you don't already control one, you lose half of your faith, instead of all of it.

amateurgamer88 likes this.
  2. Bhawb

Bhawb Chieftain

It should push the cost of future great prophets, imo. As it is currently, any warmonger that doesn't want to deal with religion early can not only ignore religion entirely but also spend all of their generated faith on spreading the religion near them. I commonly end up taking a Holy City and immediately have one of the largest religions in the game, since I was actively promoting its spread.

3. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un Chieftain Supporter

@Gazebo Some questions I've always had about trading with the AI...

Does any positive deal facilitate the same positive diplo modifier? If not, how much more does the AI value my trade with a value of 50, than my trade of 500? Are there defined numbers where the positive diplo modifier will increase based on trade value (e.g., a value of 35 gets you +20 diplo, but a deal at 100 gets you +50)? If there are designated tiers of numbers, will stacking multiple smaller value trades result in me receiving multiple +diplo with the AI? Does the AI differentiate between receiving a trade value of 200 from standard trade (where they're still giving up something), as opposed to me just gifting them something outright at a value of 200? I.e., do they know the difference between getting a gift or a good deal (I assume they don't care)?

Does the + modifier "you are trade partners" received from trading luxuries/gold/etc. also get given for trade routes (I assume it does, but it doesn't stack so you only see one +modifier)?

Also, why is there a turn counter for everything in the UI except defensive pacts? I could've swore there used to be a counter, but now it's not in the leader tool tips, and I can't seem to find it in any of the info screens.

By the way, I've been enjoying the new version. Good stuff!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Bromar1 and MidnightAfterglow like this.
  4. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

This means, if you start in a later age, where religions are blocked, you will never be able to build Monasteries or GP?

5. Cat-du-fromage

Cat-du-fromage Chieftain

it's a bug, reported multiple time, very recurent in multiplayer where it became a "bug abuse" .

6. BothTall&Wide

BothTall&Wide Chieftain

I cant send caravans. Trade must be broken

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Trade isn't "broken", since most peoples don't seems to have this problem.
    And this it wasn't yet repported on the bug repport page https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues, it either a rare bug (but still important to report if you have time, rare bugs are frequently a consequence of something else being broken but not visible) or a bug due to your install or your other mods.

8. BothTall&Wide

BothTall&Wide Chieftain

Sure, I shoud specify. It is broken for me. I haven't activiated other mods and I've reinstalled the 29-1 version several times now. I will try to report. Never made a bug report before tho'

9. BothTall&Wide

BothTall&Wide Chieftain

It looks like this when I've researched trade.

Attached Files:

10. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

It actually had been reported both on GitHub and here in the past. The reason (at least for the other people) is that you are subscribed to some component of VP (such as Community Patch or More Luxuries, etc.) at Steam Workshop.

Unsubscribe from these mods first, then delete them from your Mods folder and then rerun the VP autoinstaller and you should be good.

tu_79, Skidizzle and Moi Magnus like this.
  11. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Chieftain

I think something has been overtuned or doesn't work as intended with happiness.
    My most developed cities generate an insane amount of unhappiness ( from religious division and poverty)

Check the screenshot.

As you can see the infrastructure are right and, I don't have many cities ( seven if my memory doesn't play me ), I am still not able to manage unhappiness in my best cities ( I won't even show screenshot from some weakest cities )

Something is not working right either intentional or unintentional

Attached Files:

12. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

It happened to me too. Around that time I researched banks and 2 more tiers of technology, poverty extremely spiked and was with distance my highest unhappiness generator. Permanent at around - 10 happiness or worse. Later on, poverty decreased and instead boredom was with distance the greatest problem I had, but my happiness in general raised.

13. Tantro

Tantro Chieftain

Off topic, but quick question; what city management mod are you using? It looks neat.

Gokudo01 likes this.
  14. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

15. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Chieftain

hi you can go on steam and download EUI city view 11 ( don't forget to disable EUI 9 from the installer else you won't be able to activate the new EUI

Tantro likes this.
  16. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Warlord

I would make this AND substract 800 faith from your current faith pool.

Seriously, why a civ that captures a holy city should get any discount at all?

17. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Could we please take a look on the boredom tourism modifier? After a serious reduction of the tourism modifications (halfed), the boredom modificator stayed as it was. Now a trade route, open borders, a diplomat and artistry increase the tourism only by +40%, while boredom in my last game was +90% and greater.

18. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

Speaking in real terms, monasteries with no religion make more sense than temples with no religion.

What about not becoming the founder of a religion you didn't found?

19. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

That look like a big change (essentially geting rid of one of the feature of VP) just for a small exploit.

20. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord