New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to ask how you know the 10-20 damage isn't the damage the bomber takes from attacking its target.

My mistake, I misunderstood your post. That damage is from attacking it's target, depending on the target. Comparatively tanks and artillery do very little damage (5 or under). I haven't been able to test as much as I had hoped because the AI didn't seem very keen on building fighters or air units in general unless they were ahead. I'm still not sure how air combat works because there were times I was intercepted but the damage was no different then what it normally would be. So it does seem to me that interception, when procced, has a chance to miss. It doesn't help I'm unable to see their promotions and that the damage doesn't appear to be reflected separately in the UI. It seemed all rather frustratingly random I decided to nuke their cities. It may be they all chose the ace pilot line, like how carriers always choose pilot deck. By the same token, ground AA units seem to do absolutely nothing. They appear to only being able to defend against one aircraft once per turn. However their presence results in no change in the damage I take. With a B17, bombarding a city usually resulted in about 30-40 damage. Bombarding a SAM is about 30. Missile cruiser a little over 50. These values are always the same with or without a nearby SAM.

Other issues of note;
*The world made no mention when I nuked Carthage 3 times in my first Atomic war with them. All that happened was a -50 diplo modifier with Carthage. The next war I used 6 atomic bombs turn 1 and still nothing. A couple of other cities had been nuked as well in other AI vs AI wars. It's worth noting I may not have been the first one to use nukes. Another AI built the manhattan project before I did. I do believe though that my actions did result in a nuclear ban treaty being proposed and passed (by a different AI), I just didn't suffer any diplomatic repercussions for it. Despite my efforts I was not able to repeal this :crazyeye:
*I was unable to use air units on a missile cruiser with dreadnought 3 when it had sub 50 health.

Oh and
Spoiler :

I wouldn't be opposed to a nerf of 1% growth per follower.

Last edited:
I've noticed that archeologists can not excavate unless open borders are active both ways. I've noticed this for a few versions now, but is this intended, or just a bug on my side?

If intended, it doesn't make any sense. My arch is in foreign territory on a dig site, but I can't dig because they refuse to take my open borders, due to me being so close to CV...

*Also a small text error with recent changes to corps, but when somebody gets sanctioned and franchises are removed, the text says "Mecca has been removed from TwoKay Foods", instead of vice versa. Not a big deal, but just wanted to point it out (I don't do GitHub, nor do I know if small text fixes are reported anywhere else specifically).

I've noticed that archeologists can not excavate unless open borders are active both ways. I've noticed this for a few versions now, but is this intended, or just a bug on my side?

If intended, it doesn't make any sense. My arch is in foreign territory on a dig site, but I can't dig because they refuse to take my open borders, due to me being so close to CV...

*Also a small text error with recent changes to corps, but when somebody gets sanctioned and franchises are removed, the text says "Mecca has been removed from TwoKay Foods", instead of vice versa. Not a big deal, but just wanted to point it out (I don't do GitHub, nor do I know if small text fixes are reported anywhere else specifically).

Intended. But I have absolutely no memory of when and why it was implemented, and don't have a strong opinion about it.

Expanse doesn't scale with era anymore - intended.

I was also bitten - and surprised - by the "Sanction removes existing Franchises". Was this discussed as part of the Corporation changes? I don't recall it, but I could have missed it.

Expanse doesn't scale with era anymore - intended.

I was also bitten - and surprised - by the "Sanction removes existing Franchises". Was this discussed as part of the Corporation changes? I don't recall it, but I could have missed it.

The second one is in the change notes

I just think the AI is far more likely to take advantage of perceived weakness, whereas previously they would often not bother you even when you had practically no units. They also seem to be very happy to backstab, I was backstabbed twice over the course of the game and the other civs backstabbed each other pretty consistently too. It honestly feels more realistic and interesting, but I could see people who want to Tradition turtle and play a bit of Sims being put off.
Gazebo says, the AI diplomacy wasnt touched. But its hard to believe, cause of the much more aggressiv behavior.
And while I think the much more aggressiv behavior is benefitial to warmonger civs, it may be a little disadvantage to civs which benefit normally more by peaceful play. Those civs are now using their hammers for units and may get nothing out of it but only throw units away, while using those hammers for infrastructure and processes are always benefitial.

Ok, the tooltip says otherwise. I think it's important to keep tooltips up-to-date, it's not easy to simply remember all the changes.

Code:
+25% faster border growth, and gain 20 [ICON_PEACE] Faith and 10 [ICON_PRODUCTION] Production every time a city expands its borders naturally, scaling with Gamespeed

Check your version or mod conflicts, as this is what it says (and has since the change).

G

Gazebo says, the AI diplomacy wasnt touched. But its hard to believe, cause of the much more aggressiv behavior.
I don't think there is any reason to disbelive that diplomacy wasn't directly touched.
However, a lot of changes can have indirect consequences. For example, if the happiness is easier to handle in a version, the AI will give lesser priorities to happiness building, so have more hammer free for units, so might be more willing to go at war. (this is pure speculation, but there are a lot of indirect way to influence diplomacy)

Code:
+25% faster border growth, and gain 20 [ICON_PEACE] Faith and 10 [ICON_PRODUCTION] Production every time a city expands its borders naturally, scaling with Gamespeed

Check your version or mod conflicts, as this is what it says (and has since the change).

G

Hey Gazebo, I wanted to thank you for working on this mod still! Love it to death.
About this pantheon that you mentioned, I thought there was a bug because I thought it would scale with era :p

But for something more serious, I dont know if it is a bug or an imbalance with Arabia. I was using the latest mod, with Unique City States + More components. Playing Deity on Epic. Arabia basically unofficially won the game by me reaching Renaissance. It also lead the game with 10+ techs constantly and 1 full policy tree after the second place in our game (who was Ethiopia).

Attachments

• 20190212224754_1.jpg
    20190212224754_1.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 290
Being influential with everyone doesn't mean you've won, and people can catch up in science. Keep playing and see what happens!
What difficulty are you on?

Arabia can be extremely strong in player hands, but it doesn't usually get too far ahead or behind in played by the AI. It is tailor made for culture victory, but you still have to get two tier-3 ideology picks and build the utopia project without getting conquered.

Is it me or can you no longer declare war against humans on simultaneous turns? Is there some secret method to doing this now that you can no long just have your unit attack another civs?

Arabia can be extremely strong in player hands, but it doesn't usually get too far ahead or behind in played by the AI. It is tailor made for culture victory, but you still have to get two tier-3 ideology picks and build the utopia project without getting conquered.
Arabia is extremely strong in AI hand too. Also Babylon. They normally pull very far ahead both in culture and science.
Arabia has a very strong UB, which is the market replacement which give huge science and faith. It gives the civ a very strong advantage in Science and Religion early game, and with a right set of beliefs, Arabia can snowball very hard.
I havent tried yet, but I think the recent change in Tourism from Trade Routes somehow give Arabia another edge. They can get tourism from TRs much earlier than other civs from their UB, so they can get influence much sooner.

Arabia seems stronger now for sure. They would've won my last game if there wasn't a China in my game. Does anyone notice China being nerfed? I feel they are still the civ that can get out of control very quickly. In my recent game, they are a full policy tree ahead of the second place culture leader (me who's playing Greece who captured two foreign capitals) and grabbing virtually all the Wonders along being influential with almost all of the civs.

Is it me or can you no longer declare war against humans on simultaneous turns? Is there some secret method to doing this now that you can no long just have your unit attack another civs?
Declare war on humans was diplomatically never possible (I think).
According to Gazebo, moving into someone else's territory to declare was removed, cause it triggered too much trouble in the code.
The only way to declare war now is using a ranged unit with attack or ask an AI to pay for it.

Arabia seems stronger now for sure. They would've won my last game if there wasn't a China in my game. Does anyone notice China being nerfed? I feel they are still the civ that can get out of control very quickly. In my recent game, they are a full policy tree ahead of the second place culture leader (me who's playing Greece who captured two foreign capitals) and grabbing virtually all the Wonders along being influential with almost all of the civs.
The AI excells at those civs which have very passiv abilities, especially those which get triggered anyway by normal play.
Like Ethiopia, China, Arabia, Egypt, Korea, Poland, Ottoman. The more conform the ability is with "normal" play, the better the performance in most cases. That's my observation.

It is probably worth a issue on github.
Because it is either "Feature request: give a more practical way to declare war to human players" or "Bug: make possible to declare war to human players".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom