1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

I am 99% sure I was trading with the Huns and most probably also with Zulus in my current game until Industrial era. Zulus are now eliminated, the ideologies kicked in and the world is starting the be considering me a warmonger and I have the top score now. So about half of the civs including the Huns are only willing to trade their luxuries for 3k+ gold - but they were trading with me happily and fairly before. The level is king, the Huns are far away, not doing too well they liked me until recently.

2. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

When I've encountered that previously, it was usually a prelude (or epilogue) to war.

3. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Transparent diplomacy is activated. The last Montezuma I've met has a friendly opinion with total of +11 and no negative modifiers. He's far away from me, but wanted over 2k for a luxury he had still 3 from right after meeting him.
    Some Leader want 300-800 gold for a luxury, but they have some negative modifiers, that's ok. But this high numbers around 2500 are only warmonger civs, independent of opinion or distance.

4. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost Chieftain

I’ve had the same experience. Certain civs are simply unwilling to trade luxuries for reasonable prices, from the very start of the game. This seems to have only happened in the latest version.

5. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Chieftain

Playing a huns game on this version - and I am being incredibly lucky. I capture enemy units every Time I kill one with a horsey/knight/lancer.

Its brilliant - but could be a bug :( I'm playing on prince if that matters (which would make sense)

6. maxf

maxf Chieftain

The AIs seem too agressive and inadequate for me in cities spamming, religion spread and war declaration. I think it should chill them slightly to look like humans.

7. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

Which difficulty level? Seems other people had completely opposite problem under certain circumstances.

8. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Also, which humans? There are a few very aggressive ones...

vyyt likes this.
  9. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

I play on emperor, and I confirm his view. On the one side, they found 2 or 3 cities very fast, but then often seem to stop settling for a long time. On the other side, they like to place their cities extremely offensive in minimum distance to foreign capitals. Even civs which would profit the most from peaceful play, declare War and waste their units instead investing in infrastructure. This may be ok for warmonger civs, and I see much more often positive results from early wars, but 3 city progress Arabia declaring a war while having enough space for 4-6 more cities is kinda silly.

10. maxf

maxf Chieftain

I played even on King and saw the same. After some pause after 3 cities AIs begin to spam cities on every free piece of land.
    Also they spread their religion in my cities by missioners ignoring my highly probable displeasure and even after complaining about it. If an adequate human can be warned that war is inevitable in that case, unfortunately, the AI does not understand this :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  11. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Something I noticed already in former versions, the religion spread is a bit weird. They are trying too often to convert CS and foreign nations first, even with follower based beliefs, before they convert their own cities. I saw a china converting 6 CS, while having only their holy city in their 6 city empire. I think it needed 50 turns or more, before one more city of them converted to their own religion.

12. DimCarcosa

DimCarcosa Chieftain

Hi
    I have been playing CP for a long time and considered myself an experienced player but lately I find some gameplays strangely hard. I have not updated my CP version for about a year or something so yesterday I decided to install the latest version. Couple of things strucked me in the very beginning. I was always a Deity player, large maps, challenging games. Everytime I played I was able to found a religion first or second. AI usually did that around turn 100, Standard speed. Now they all do it around turn 60! I am 30 turns short to spawn my Prophet when everyone has founded their religion. It is madness. Also AI always beats me with first policy, it also gets Pantheon very fast so it is like they have Shrine and Monument at the same time. They get 3 cities super fast on turn 60 when before they settled first one at around turn 80. Suprisingly the score differences are even smaller than before... I do not know if my game is broken or AI capabilities rose significantly.

13. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

I have no experience with CP only, but the AI got so much better in 1 year that I am 99% sure your game is not broken and you are seeing the improved AI in action.

14. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Welcome to the new and improved AI!

vyyt, Enrico Swagolo and tu_79 like this.
  15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

The AI capabilities rose significantly.

In Vox Populi, multiple bonuses given to the AI from difficulty (like bonus to population growth) were removed, and even then the AI won at least one level of difficulty during this year.
    So in CP, even if the AI improvement are "less efficient" in CP than VP (because testing is usually done in VP), since the bonuses to AI have not been reduced, the AI capabilities rose significantly.

vyyt likes this.
  16. DimCarcosa

DimCarcosa Chieftain

I like that. Games are now more challenging than ever but with couple of testing I noticed that only playing op civs with strong starting bonuses gives a chance of winning. I tried Germany throughout whole yesterday and failed miserably. Then I switched to Inca with awesome starting location and I feel like a boss. I am very aggresive player so warfare gives me an advantage as AI cannot compete with a human on this field but there is always this distant snowballer who can only be stopped later so AI bonuses really gives it an edge. I canot think of any way of getting ahead with civ which has no starting bonuses.