1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

You think that's bad? In my last game, in the January 15 Version, every civ had already founded by Turn 84 on Standard! Granted, I had Spain/India in that game, but still...

2. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

There's another guy reporting this for version 12-18, after it was reported fixed, so I guess it wasn't fixed for all cases after all and should probably be reopened unless the dev team prefers a new issue to be opened?

3. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

No strange open border things like mentioned. It was mid ancient era, he was on the most north tile of Greece capital, west was the ocean and east neutral territory and some tiles more my city. He only disappeared.

4. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

If an open borders ends, units are supposed to get moved outside of that player's borders. If a war ends, units are supposed to get moved outside of that enemy's borders.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Something like this?

Spoiler :
    upload_2019-1-30_17-57-26.png

Skidizzle, vyyt and civplayer33 like this.
  6. Gazebo

If you think there is a bug, please, for the love of all things holy, report it to github, don't post it here.

G

civplayer33 likes this.
  7. civplayer33

civplayer33 Chieftain

Yes, very nice :)

@Gazebo: uhh is that shiny Advisor-icony button in your screenshot for the new tutorial system?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  8. Gazebo

Nope.

9. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Looks like this bug appeared several times and was closed cause someone declared it as fixed. But it still happened.

10. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Sounds like it should be reported again, then.

11. Gazebo

I'm sure it has - the nature of this bug is such that reproducibility is very hard to come by.

G

12. DakaSha

DakaSha Chieftain

I mentioned in the last versions thread that some unit descriptions in the leader selection screen seem to be borked. Now with the new versions im still seeing Pacals unit being listed as the Pictish warrior, and Ashurbanipals unit is a landship (for example). Right clicking the description leads to a messed up civilpedia entry.

Is this a known ui bug, or are the civs actually messed up?

edit: Or should i have not installed over the old version

edit again: I picked one of them, it crashed, and after restarting it seems to be working as intended again. No idea whats causing it. Ive seen it multiple times

edit yet again: and apparently i should be using github. lel
    Will do if i manage to reproduce it

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    vyyt likes this.
  13. Gazebo

That's 100% a client-side issue (i.e. your install is broken). I wouldn't ship a version out with such a blatant problem.

G

14. DakaSha

DakaSha Chieftain

After a little testing it *seems* to occur when i start a non modded session (to test map scripts), then load the mod without restarting the game.
    Meaning its basically a non-issue, if thats the case

15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

I will say, the AI is no longer bashful about pillaging sea tiles. Hot damn, I'm getting torn up in the water right now!

vyyt and civplayer33 like this.
  16. JohannesWasHere

JohannesWasHere Chieftain

What a blast the last game was, thanks a ton for your continued effort G.

17. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Just reporting. The early game is more dynamic. I (Ethiopia) started in a jungle, with Oda at the southwest, Maria northwest and Harun at the north. It is a little cramped our continent, so we all took Tradition except Harun that went Progress. None took Authority (maybe it should have been me).
    Well, Japan dowed me very early. I can't blame Oda, since I placed one city very close to his capital. Defending in the jungle against warriors is quite easy. Once Japan withdraw, he settled too near to Portugal, which caused Maria to attack him and take that city. A bunch of turns later, Arabia attacked Portugal and took two cities for him and liberated the Japanese city. I guess I have to be friends with Maria now. All this before medieval.

Since the AI was teached to defend better last year, I hadn't seen such dynamism in a game.

18. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Yeah, I got the feeling atleast the early game is like playing now one difficulty higher. Starting near Greece is kinda screwing now. Ive seen conquered cities before turn 80 too.

vyyt likes this.
  19. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

Am I imagining things or East India Company used to grant +1:trade:, while it gives 0 bonus TRs now? Tbh I don't mind, more uniqueness for the Cothon and there're quite many TRs with techs/wonders/projects/corps but I swear it had a TR and I missed an update :hammer2:

20. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

It was for some time, but was removed several patches ago. If description still says this, it should be upgraded.

vyyt and Viralvoid like this.