1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - January 29th (1-29)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jan 29, 2019.

1. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

No the description is fine, it was me being outdated.

2. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

So, are you able to report yourself on github or shall I do it for you? :lol:

BTW., I think the aggressiveness in the early game is really good for the AI, brings the human really into trouble and denies a bit the ability to go full risk max expansion. But later on it may be a bit too much aggressiveness. Atleast it really comes to some results. While the Celts are running a bit suicidal aggressiv into my defensive lines, on the other side of the world the Zulu conquered and vassalizes Siam in mid renaissance.

3. TheBigFundamental

TheBigFundamental Chieftain

@Gazebo , is it intended that one isn't able to ask the AI to stop spreading its religion? If not, I'll report it on Github.

4. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

It's intended that you can ask, once they use a missionary or prophet to convert one of your cities.

5. crdvis16

crdvis16 Chieftain

@Gazebo do you still plan to make any changes to WLtKD mechanics? I think a while ago you mentioned that might be on your agenda. I've been delaying an Indonesia playthrough where I go all in on WLtKD in case changes are coming.

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

No, no changes in the pipe.

G

7. randomnub

randomnub Chieftain

Maybe buff a bit the towns? GM = 20 turns of WLTK everywhere, or plant a town that increases future WLTK by whole 2 turns, a bit underwhelming. Compared for example to manufactories that make future engineers 20% better for rushing wonders, we have towns that make wltk only 10% better so really not worth. Or maybe it's the base value of 20 turns everywhere really off, 10 would be plenty imo.

Anyway, ramblings aside, AI is declaring on me at every chance, love it :D

MidnightAfterglow likes this.
  8. Gazebo

I took his question to mean 'changing the mechanics of WLTKD' - for that, no, no changes. But balancing existing mechanics is still on the table.

Re: AI, nothing was changed for the diplo AI - I do hope the diplo AI is being rational (we wanted the tactical AI to be a bit more aggressive, but the diplo AI should behave the same as before). i.e., can you make friends?

G

9. Rekk

Rekk Chieftain

Report it anyway. Give the full circumstances.

10. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Gazebo, did you change anything about the happiness system?
    In the last game, I had only 6 cities with tradition and over 32 GPTI but only 25+ happiness. For such an empire is only 20 positive happiness kinda small.
    In the moment, I play a 10 city Tradition Korea, and have serious happiness issues. In any of my cities except the capital, growing a citizen means 2-5 new unhappiness.

Edit:
    After construction the Sixtine Chapel, my empire unhappiness rised by 12, while only thing changed was the construction of the wonder and the birth of a citizen in a small city which only increased its unhappiness to its new maximum by 1.
    Edit2: ok, too obvios, my GA ended.... XD

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  11. Gazebo

Nope, didn't touch the happiness system at all. Best bet is that my tweaks and modifications to the AI's performance means it's outpacing it's previous growth points.

G

12. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

I think the happiness was already a bit too harsh in the last version, as said, now playing a 10 city tradition Korea, I have extreme serious problems with happiness.

13. Gazebo

That's contrary to what everyone else has experienced - the consensus was that happiness was actually far easier in the prior version. I didn't touch happiness in this version.

G

14. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Far easier doesnt mean its now balanced. It only means, its easier than landing in every game in a death spiral. Would nice if people would report their thougts about happiness balance in this and last version too.

15. Gazebo

My point wasn't to say that it was balanced, but rather that your experience was outside the norm.

G

16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

G, I know it was discussed but don't remember if there was a plan regarding the HP bar and Dreadnought promotions.

I like the promotion but it is frustrating to see a ship with barely any health car left...only to realize it actually has like 30 something health because of promotions. Is it possible to adjust the health bars to factor that in?

17. Gazebo

Some of it is hardcoded, naturally, so it's a matter of figuring out which health bars where are not updating properly.

G

18. Minh Le

Minh Le Chieftain

I noticed AI declaring war very aggressively, and DOF too. Make the early game much harder and interesting though, so it wouldnt be a complaint :D

glider1 likes this.
  19. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

That's my experience, too. I'd describe it as the AI being much more active diplomatically.

Skidizzle and JohannesWasHere like this.
  20. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So Anti-Aircraft Guns now only have a 25% chance to intercept. I knew we had considered some weakening of interception, but I don't think they are worth building now...at all.