New Version - July 18th (7/18)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jul 18, 2017.

1. knml

knml Chieftain

Thanks Gazebo, it was a mod conflict. I loaded the game just using the vox populi mod and the capture options are back. I think the conflict was the meaningful city state colors mod since it isn't listed in the compatibility thread.

2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Just to be clear, if a mod isn't listed, it means that its compatibility is unknown or nobody bothered to report it. If you are sure it was the culprit, I will add it to the incompatible mods list. Tks

3. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Prince

I'm also having this problem. I only use Vox Populi and Really Advanced Setup.

Edit: Reloading the game fixed it

4. knml

knml Chieftain

I rebooted my pc and started a new game to remove the factors that maybe the save file is just broken or it didn't load the mods properly. I conquered a city on turn 2 (I had the editor on), and it works normally even with the meaningful city state colors mod. So I loaded my save file with all the mods that I usually use turned on, conquered a city and it works normally. Maybe rebooting or reloading the save file fixed it? I don't know what happened.

5. Jdoug312

Jdoug312 Prince

Having this issue too, will post a github soon

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I think it is a client-side issue. If you disagree, make sure to enable logging, replicate it, and then post your lua.log.

G

Jdoug312 likes this.
  7. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I vaguely remember people reporting this in the past and I think it was something vanilla related and yes, reloading fixed it. It is strange though that it suddenly re-emerged. It has never happened to myself, I played with the latest beta, conquered 3 cities and got the options properly.

8. pilum

pilum Chieftain

Three copies purchased over time (DVD, HumbleBundle, and Steam), over 700 hours on Steam alone. Two thirds of that time is with this Community Patch Project.

I created this account to simply say: Thank you.

I . . .

Thank you.

Erikose, Skidizzle, Gazebo and 3 others like this.
  9. DarkZero

DarkZero Warlord

Wow...
    I have about 1122 hours on steam and I am pretty sure about 200 hours where on vanilla, over 900 hours on vox, just goes to show how the game became so much more enjoyable, I just hope one day civ 6 gets the same attention.I swear only the total imbalance of the game is whats keeping it from being fun.

Erikose likes this.
  10. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

I'm noticing weird behavior. Tradition Inca. I settle near a religious mountain (uluru?) and now my settlers can move 4 steps a turn. Is it from the natural wonder or am I missing something?

EDIT: That's Sri Pada for me. +2 movement to a lot of civil units.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  11. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

Uluru = civilian units have 2 more moves if I'm not mistaken.

12. ashendashin

ashendashin King

You got Sacred Steps from the NW. It's one of my favorite promotions in the game on top of Progress. Might even be OP since civilians do everything so fast.

Had it during the beta before I realized bullying CSs was broken so I had to drop yet another potentially best start ever...I had god of the sea, whales, fish, atolls everywhere, my own religion with just about all I wanted, early harbors, and the fishing boat production buff from Community Events...On top of that I was Germany with potential access to coffee and copper to the east and west. Haven't even gotten into a game yet because I want a start that's even close to that, and so far I've been getting heaps of worthless cotton.

13. Misaka

Misaka Chieftain

If someone can upload a modpack with this release i will thank you.

14. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I'll get it up today.

We have liftoff.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  15. Misaka

Misaka Chieftain

Thank very much! i see it :) :) :) :)

16. Boombar

Boombar Chieftain

• Bulbing of Great Scientists, Merchants, and Engineers now scales based on the number of GP UIs of their type you own
    What numbers are we talking about here?

17. Naxelas

Naxelas Chieftain

I had a question about this release: turn 1 after founding a city I found that the first policy cost was 75 culture instead of the previous 35 (I almost always play on epic). I saw the 20% increase in policies in the patch notes, but this is more than 100% increase. Where does this huge increase in cost come from?

18. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

It's more for the first and lower later IIRC averaging to 20%. Once you play with it more I think you'll find the game is better this way.

19. Naxelas

Naxelas Chieftain

Oh I wasn't questioning the balance aspect of it, I'm just always cautious about changes that could either be errors on my end or that of just new releases. If that's intended, that's certainly going to make the early game considerably more challenging (and makes me want to get monument before shrine now I guess).

20. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I've made the same change in the capital, with minimal negative consequences.