New Version - July 27th (7-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Influence below popular not having effect on ideological pressure plus on top of that (mostly) influence calculated based on trend seems to be a huge nerf to me

My tourism usually be "falling" until internet or maybe radio (and still win by flat tourism bonuses like trade routes) so I will never again get the influence bonuses nor generate ideological pressure

So I suggest both static and falling using the full influence value minus 1,
since both "dominant" and "rising" are impossibly hard
At least in my experience

Influence below popular not having effect on ideological pressure plus on top of that (mostly) influence calculated based on trend seems to be a huge nerf to me

My tourism usually be "falling" until internet or maybe radio (and still win by flat tourism bonuses like trade routes) so I will never again get the influence bonuses nor generate ideological pressure

That's the point. It doesn't make since for Ideological pressure to be overly powerful when the people of your civ aren't really hearing what life is like under said regime.

The advent of radio and later internet enhances communication and the spread of ideas (and thus Ideology) so until that point it makes sense that Ideology pressure would be low unless your people are just clamoring for another civ's culture.

@Gazebo imagine a little poor kid cowering in a corner; the current "move after attacking" is like a bunch of bullies lined up in a queue, they just throw a single punch each, move down the queue and then the next one comes up; they can destroy ships and cities in a single turn with out giving you the chance to do anything as long as you have the numbers. I feel it made them even more powerful rather than balanced. naval warfare used be quantity vs quality, but now its almost exclusively just quantity, especially with frigates that require no resource.
I reckon "move after attacking" should be removed, that way earlier ranged ships are used for naval warfare only, backed by their melee sisters. once you upgrade to a higher tier, then you can try having a go at cities.
or if possible, only allowing them to move one tile after attacking, that way they can retreat to safety, without giving the player/ai the ability to shuffle too many ships to a single position.

Last edited:
@Gazebo imagine a little poor kid cowering in a corner; the current "move after attacking" is like a bunch of bullies lined up in a queue, they just throw a single punch each, move down the queue and then the next one comes up; they can destroy ships and cities in a single turn with out giving you the chance to do anything as long as you have the numbers. I feel it made them even more powerful rather than balanced. naval warfare used be quantity vs quality, but now its almost exclusively just quantity, especially with frigates that require no resource.
I reckon "move after attacking" should be removed, that way earlier ranged ships are used for naval warfare only, backed by their melee sisters. once you upgrade to a higher tier, then you can try having a go at cities.
or if possible, only allowing them to move one tile after attacking, that way they can retreat to safety, with giving the player/ai the ability to shuffle too many ships to a single position.
I never felt naval ranged that strong. Just try using a number of naval melee to deal with them.

I'm not sure if I just ran into a bug but is it possible for a singular spy 'rebellion' action to create 17 units at the same time? Cause I just had 17 (Edit: Barb) Terico's dropped on my capital and my happiness was only -2.

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure if this is an error in code or an error in the description, but the the French unique ability that provides production in cities after conquest only applies to unit-production. This is not mentioned in the description of the ability as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure if I just ran into a bug but is it possible for a singular spy 'rebellion' action to create 17 units at the same time? Cause I just had 17 (Edit: Barb) Terico's dropped on my capital and my happiness was only -2.

Tis happened to me in a recent game. I reloaded and they didn't appear. So I'm guessing a bug.

On a separate note, the ideological pressure changes didn't prevent 6 of the 7 AI civs from going with Order in my first game. But on the other hand, my Freedom managed to keep its head above water for the most part.

On a separate note, the ideological pressure changes didn't prevent 6 of the 7 AI civs from going with Order in my first game. But on the other hand, my Freedom managed to keep its head above water for the most part.

Same. Not only kept head above water, eventually all of them (but Morocco) eventually converted to Freedom, and I expect Morocco would have done if I hadn't finally managed to clinch the culture victory a couple turns after showing the Celts the light.

Well, I was playing a game that the AI was really stupid, 100 turns in the game, the AI had only 1 city, I was with 6 cities, battling barbarians all the time and this ****** Bluetooth declares war on me with 2 archers and 3 warriors, WTF. Did not understand, I did nothing to provoke the war and he was really behind my military score, really crazy man, can someone explain to me?

Well, I was playing a game that the AI was really stupid, 100 turns in the game, the AI had only 1 city, I was with 6 cities, battling barbarians all the time and this ****** Bluetooth declares war on me with 2 archers and 3 warriors, WTF. Did not understand, I did nothing to provoke the war and he was really behind my military score, really crazy man, can someone explain to me?
Typical Harald, don't worry about it

That happens from time to time, not only with Harald. I recently had Ethiopia with 2 cities.

I guess that happens due to how AI makes decisions. In my games i usually see this when for some reason AI decides not to take Settler technology and then not taking it again and again. Every time he makes optimal decision short term, but a number of short-term optimal decisions sometimes leads to a very bad situation. In my particular case AI was born on Gems => go Mining, saw lots of barbs => go Spearmen + Authority => has Authority + Spearmens => build Statue of Zeus => suddenly he has no cities, no religion, no anything.

By the way, if i am right, maybe it should be tweaked a bit?

That happens from time to time, not only with Harald. I recently had Ethiopia with 2 cities.

I guess that happens due to how AI makes decisions. In my games i usually see this when for some reason AI decides not to take Settler technology and then not taking it again and again. Every time he makes optimal decision short term, but a number of short-term optimal decisions sometimes leads to a very bad situation. In my particular case AI was born on Gems => go Mining, saw lots of barbs => go Spearmen + Authority => has Authority + Spearmens => build Statue of Zeus => suddenly he has no cities, no religion, no anything.

I've seen this happen alot in my games as well. In most cases civs that remember to research pottery by their 2nd or 3rd tech are the ones that become runaways for the rest of the game. Maybe pottery needs to be given a much higher value by the AI or something?

I see sometimes such thing. That's why I like to play against Mongolia AI - Mongols almost always first research pottery.
In my games usually 1-2 AI from 10 are research pottery too late for them. But on large map with standard(10 players/20 CS) it is fine, they still has place for cities. And 2 month ago when I played with doubled AI count - that was a problem.

Gandhi just voluntary became a vassal despite being reasonably strong and having no apparent conflict going on. Is this normal?

I also had 2 voluntary vassals in my last game, one out of nowhere and the other was a badly beaten ai ( beaten by another civ and them became vassal of a third party), both these vassals lasted the whole game, and at some points the first voluntary vassal was ahead in score than its master, both vassals would also become angry whit the vassal liberation proposition.

When trying to create a DLC modpack (mainly to enable achievements) with this latest version of Vox Populi (as per https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/), along with some other mods (such as Quick Turns and Culturally Linked Start Locations), upon entering a game, I am stuck on the Corporations window and cannot close it, along with some other UI corruption. The combination of mods I want to create a DLC modpack with work as mods, but only with the "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v1)" mod unticked.
cbp modpack.png

I also had 2 voluntary vassals in my last game, one out of nowhere and the other was a badly beaten ai ( beaten by another civ and them became vassal of a third party), both these vassals lasted the whole game, and at some points the first voluntary vassal was ahead in score than its master, both vassals would also become angry whit the vassal liberation proposition.

I recently had a game where the #4 civ became a vassal in peacetime to the #1 civ. It soon became #3. And as soon as vassalage ended, it declared war on the leader. In this particualr game, there were three vassals. While I can understand why the voluntary vassalage might have been a good idea for the submissive civ, I think the overall game experience might be better if the likelihood of it happening were dialed down a bit.

Do others have an opinion on this?

I recently had a game where the #4 civ became a vassal in peacetime to the #1 civ. It soon became #3. And as soon as vassalage ended, it declared war on the leader. In this particualr game, there were three vassals. While I can understand why the voluntary vassalage might have been a good idea for the submissive civ, I think the overall game experience might be better if the likelihood of it happening were dialed down a bit.

Do others have an opinion on this?

I personally haven't yet seen enough vassalage in game unless I was the one forcing it to feel any sort of reduction in this area is necessary at this time.

Yup, ranged ships are dominating more than ever. If the compromise isn't feasible/preferable, then siege units should lose their penalty against naval. Give cannons and up a buff against ships and there would still need to be a counter, which melee fails at. Melee ships take too much damage and are near worthless against defended cities. Attacking makes them lose a big chunk of HP upfront and they're left sitting there to take more. They get sent back to heal while ranged slogs through the rest.

Side note: Iron Fist too OP plz nerf
Spoiler :

Edit:
Arabia is my first vassal so far. That's half of my not inconsiderable output right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom