New Version - July 27th (7-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When trying to create a DLC modpack (mainly to enable achievements) with this latest version of Vox Populi (as per https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/), along with some other mods (such as Quick Turns and Culturally Linked Start Locations), upon entering a game, I am stuck on the Corporations window and cannot close it, along with some other UI corruption. The combination of mods I want to create a DLC modpack with work as mods, but only with the "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v1)" mod unticked.View attachment 475132

This is normal and all will work (dlc modpack).

I also saw a voluntary vassalage in my last game--the Huns became vassals to India; what was most remarkable about this is that the Hun had more cities, more territory, and a much larger military. On score, they were roughly equivalent; I don't remember which was which, but one was ranked 4th (out of 8), the other 5th.

This is normal and all will work (dlc modpack).

I'm not quite sure what you mean, the Corporations window is uncloseable and makes the game unplayable. This seems to be only caused by the "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v1)". I wonder if anyone has tried to create a modpack with this latest version?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, the Corporations window is uncloseable and makes the game unplayable. This seems to be only caused by the "Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v1)". I wonder if anyone has tried to create a modpack with this latest version?
Did you read the instructions? You use the workaround one time to create the modpack. You don't have to do anything in the game to create it, since you use firetuner to make the MP folder.

I agree with whomever pointed out that the new freedom policy that doubles the chances of coups in city states is OP and needs a cap of % under 100%.

I agree with whomever pointed out that the new freedom policy that doubles the chances of coups in city states is OP and needs a cap of % under 100%.

I also agree with this. Maybe there could be a modifier based on the strength of the current alliance. If the current ally has an influence of 100 it should be way easier to form a coup than an influence of 2000. Stable governments should be more difficult to overthrow.

So I'm suggesting an alteration to the coup formula, which would indirectly weaken this OP tenet.

Will there be any issue if I drop the communitas.lua (from Steam) into .../assets/Maps and play like that? I've tried starting a game and it seems fine (though I only built a city and exited). I know there was a version of communitas specifically for Vox Populi so I just want to check if there will be any issues if I use the one from Steam.

I also agree with this. Maybe there could be a modifier based on the strength of the current alliance. If the current ally has an influence of 100 it should be way easier to form a coup than an influence of 2000. Stable governments should be more difficult to overthrow.

I think there is already a modifier like that, based on the difference between your influence and the ally's influence. But perhaps I am mistaken and every variation in coup chance comes just from enemy spies...

It was very problematic in the past - not sure about present, but would not recommend it. Any reason for not using the VP one?

I remember reading something about it (there were issue with resources iirc) that's why I asked. I just figured out that VP actually does come with its own version of communitas (in the community patch/mapscripts folder), I completely forgot about it, that's why I tried the Steam one. Anyway guess I'll just copy the lua file to the maps folder, using a modpack so I don't have to load all the mods every time I start a game.

I have a couple of feature requests:
1. Option to prevent automated workers from building roads and railroads.
2. Display whether city states have an embassy.
3. Option to sort city states by influence level.
4. Option to play random music from all civs (Music changer from steam workshop doesn't work for me).

Last edited:
What's required for a human to gain a vassal in peacetime? In my current game, two peacetime deals were made, seriously bumping up the scores of the two new masters. I wouldn't mind learning how to get in on that game.

4. Option to play random music from all civs (Music changer from steam workshop doesn't work for me).

Feature requests should be made to github, not here. Also, please note that not all feature requests will be implemented.

G

2. When you look at a city state, you can clearly see if an embassy is built within their territory
3. City states are sorted out according to your influence with them in the right side of the screen (first are the civs and below is the column of CSs). The higher in the list the higher the influence.

3. City states are sorted out according to your influence with them in the right side of the screen (first are the civs and below is the column of CSs). The higher in the list the higher the influence.
If I am not mistaken, this is an EUI feature, I think in my non - EUI setup they are ordered alphabetically.

2. When you look at a city state, you can clearly see if an embassy is built within their territory
2. Even if the fog is gone, embassies don't get updated on the map. You see an embassy popping up on a farm when your great diplomat reaches there. :(
3. Didn't know that, thank you so much!

So does someone else have a massive issue with spy-assisted rebel uprisings? Two games on the newest version now, both times I've had less than 20 unhappiness and a counterspy in my capital, but 14+ modern barbarian units still spawn around my capital. This is absolutely crippling. In my latest game I cleared them out and recovered, and it proved a much closer and tenser game with the AI, which was good. But then it happened again at 8 unhappiness, and more spawned as I cleared them. After that, I was out of the game.

Salt on the wound: as I was trying a desperate last gamble making Hubble, it happened AGAIN, this time with really strong units. Hadn't even cleared all of them when Hiawatha left for space.

Is something very wrong here, or is the game supposed to spawn 14 modern rebels around your capital at 8 unhappiness? If it is, I propose a massive nerf to espionage sabotage. I even had a police station!

Oh, and unrelated but also annoying, the tile-yield display is still bugged. If you play with them always enabled, every time you end turn some tiles will disappear from the display, forcing you to press Y twice to refresh it. I know this isn't the place to report bugs but this is such a minor annoyance I didn't want to github it.

It happened to me to!

And in this version vassals doesent leave their weak master anymore! In earlier versions you could damage a civilization that was a master of vassals to a point they where so weak that the vassal left the master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom