New Version - June 27th (6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound. Sorry for the quick turnaround, however we're trying to sort out the early CTD some of you are experiencing so that all may bask in the glory of the latest version! I also made a few balance changes and finalized my UB rework for Egypt. I think you will like it!

Bugfixes:
  • Worked on HomelandAI crash being reported (hard to test, not getting crash on my end)
  • Fixed Egypt multi-slot artifact bug
  • Worked a bit more on AI military logic regarding CSs and home defense
  • Fixes for Corporations issues
  • Ilteroi worked on tactical AI, operational AI, and move AI issues and optimizations
  • Text fixes across the board
  • Added in art for artifacts (defaulted to starry night, oddly enough)
  • Additional improvements to AI unit/build/process selection

Balance:
  • Spaceship Factory: +25% Science in City. Should help with late-game science acceleration.
  • Increased cost of SS parts by about 30%
  • New ability for Egyptian Burial Tomb: Grants a unique Egyptian Sarcophagus Artifact in the City when built (Artifact works like a normal Artifact, except that they are themed around ancient Egyptian rulers! Cool, eh?).
  • Reduced Burial Tomb to +1 Faith, removed Culture/GAP from victory
  • Reduced unhappiness scaler from tech/pop slightly
  • Adjusted some flavors and whatnot

Online as of 9:05pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Auto-installer Link

Cheers,
Gazebo

Should be fun when I start looting Egyptian empires.

Cool! In my current game I am boxed in by the Aztecs and Zulus so the game was probably lost anyway :p

Installing now, and then will stream an ai vs. ai battle with it. Excited to check it out!

I just want to confirm, is it normal that Carthage gets 600 gold from founding a city in Marathon? It says 200 in the tool tip but I was thinking the bonuses change with game speed or something?

Still crashing.

ZZMitch, that's probably right. Slower game speeds retain the same per-turn amounts, but increase flat rewards and bucket sizes.

Still crashing.

ZZMitch, that's probably right. Slower game speeds retain the same per-turn amounts, but increase flat rewards and bucket sizes.

CTD after turn 2 or 3, just like the 6/25 version.

Interestingly, I couldn't get the slider to settle on 16 CS -- 15 or 17.

Please try reinstalling the mods and whatnot, as well as checking your integrity, cache etc. Also windowed/not windowed, remove other mods except for the pack, etc. We cannot replicate this, which is the problem here.

G

Please try reinstalling the mods and whatnot, as well as checking your integrity, cache etc. Also windowed/not windowed, remove other mods except for the pack, etc. We cannot replicate this, which is the problem here.

G

I actually reinstalled the game, verified its integrity, then auto-installed the new version. No other mods are in use and -- given the clean install -- wouldn't still exist anywhere, right?

But I reinstalled the VP mod anyway. This time it CTD'd as it loaded. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

G

Reinstalled mod, deleted cache again, verified integrity, still crashing. I play windowed, which might be contributing; I'll try fullscreen and see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope, happens just as well fullscreen.

To add to the others, I just downloaded and tried to use the CBP with and without the EUI and it crashes to desktop consistently about 2 turns into any game I start. This is the only mod I use, I cleared the cache before trying, verified integrity, etc. Crashes in both windowed mode and fullscreen.

Make sure to post your mini dump files on github for us.

I haven't been doing this because I hadn't played for two years prior to getting excited about Civ 6, which somehow led me to VP, and becoming totally hooked. This is the long way of explaining that I've forgotten how to post those files: where they are, and how to get them over to Github. If somebody other than Gazebo could give me instructions, I'd be very appreciative.

I haven't been doing this because I hadn't played for two years prior to getting excited about Civ 6, which somehow led me to VP, and becoming totally hooked. This is the long way of explaining that I've forgotten how to post those files: where they are, and how to get them over to Github. If somebody other than Gazebo could give me instructions, I'd be very appreciative.

It's in the base Civ V folder, in steam/common/steamapps/Sid Meier's Civilization V there should be a file named CvMinidump.dmp and some others named civilizationv_dx[#]_[#]_crash_[date].dmp. Those are what Gazebo wants.

Not one hundred percent sure about the Burial tomb, Yes it provides a ton of yields, but considering museums are so far off that's really all them do.

Hey all,

New version inbound. Sorry for the quick turnaround, however we're trying to sort out the early CTD some of you are experiencing so that all may bask in the glory of the latest version! I also made a few balance changes and finalized my UB rework for Egypt. I think you will like it!

Online as of 9:05pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Auto-installer Link

Cheers,
Gazebo

But.............I just finished installing the 6/25 version! Ah well....is there a free promotion on unit upgrade tag? I thought there was but I can't remember....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom