New Version - June 27th (6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those crashing: Test this Test CP (6-27-1)

May not fix it, but is worth a shot. I changed a few small things in the homeland AI. Make sure to delete the LUA folder if you are using the CBO etc.

G

Gave it a shot, still crashed to desktop with no error message on turn 2. I gave most of the info you requested in my previous post (tried both full screen and windowed, with and without EUI, etc.), but I am running DX11, Windows 7.

New ability for Egyptian Burial Tomb: Grants a unique Egyptian Sarcophagus Artifact in the City when built (Artifact works like a normal Artifact, except that they are themed around ancient Egyptian rulers! Cool, eh?).

That sounds super cool! :egypt:

Spaceship Factory: +25% Science in City. Should help with late-game science acceleration.
Increased cost of SS parts by about 30%.

Looks like the Science Victory's being messed around with. I'll need to work towards that victory again when I get the chance.

Excited to try this out soon! All the work and reports on the improved combat AI have me a bit scared but also motivated to try the challenge. :thumbsup:

Gave it a shot, still crashed to desktop with no error message on turn 2. I gave most of the info you requested in my previous post (tried both full screen and windowed, with and without EUI, etc.), but I am running DX11, Windows 7.

The same, crash turn two. I'm playing DX 11 on Windows 7. is there an issue with this setup now ?

Originally Posted by Gazebo View Post

Spaceship Factory: +25% Science in City. Should help with late-game science acceleration.
Increased cost of SS parts by about 30%.
Looks like the Science Victory's being messed around with. I'll need to work towards that victory again when I get the chance.

Don't really get how the science bonus relates to a spaceship factory, but whatever. SS part increase is a step in the right direction, though.

The same, crash turn two. I'm playing DX 11 on Windows 7. is there an issue with this setup now ?

Try to uncheck the GPU Texture decode box in video settings in Civ5

i havent had any crash with this or the version before!

i had CTD every game before!

a also lowered texture quality to low since im on laptop now!

if i was at home with better computer i probably wouldnt have those problem!

or its just luck that it´s working now! but give it a try!

Just as an aside, and for personal interest, could all of you crashing on turn 2 try removing/disabling the mod and trying a regular normal Civ 5 game ? There might be a problem there.

Don't really get how the science bonus relates to a spaceship factory, but whatever. SS part increase is a step in the right direction, though.

Just wondering how is it a step in the right direction? Space wins are so rare in my games as it is.

Just wondering how is it a step in the right direction? Space wins are so rare in my games as it is.

It actually makes that Freedom ideology tenet worth taking now.

It is a factory that is designing and creating the most advanced spaceships known to man. That seems like a solid explanation for a boost to city science output.

Those of you with crashes:

There's something on the client side that is causing problems. I don't know what, but I need you to experiment. Try different graphical settings, try different starting civs amounts, try w/ v. w/o barbs/CSs, etc.

Just as an aside, and for personal interest, could all of you crashing on turn 2 try removing/disabling the mod and trying a regular normal Civ 5 game ? There might be a problem there.

Haha! That's a very good point! Another thing I would try is lowering the graphics to the lowest possible settings as Tarzan737 says, start the game with DX10 or DX9 and on a standard map (e.g. Continents) with everything on default.

What graphic card are you CTDers using?

I find it somewhat weird that no one have mentioned this, which makes me think it is a local problem, anyways if someone could check it out for me that would be great.
If use a mouse drag movement and create a movement destination outside of a units range, my military units are able to stack with anything that's currently on the tile of their last movement. This also seems to be true concerning auto-exploring units (I've had scouts go into my cities and kicking out my garrison on the next turn because they are stacked).

Maybe someone who doesn't have the crash could list their exact settings for us to try? Video settings, game settings, etc. Not sure if civ has a config file that we could compare too.

Windows 7, dx11, r9 390, pretty standard settings, still getting the crash. I'll try messing with some stuff.

I find it somewhat weird that no one have mentioned this, which makes me think it is a local problem, anyways if someone could check it out for me that would be great.
If use a mouse drag movement and create a movement destination outside of a units range, my military units are able to stack with anything that's currently on the tile of their last movement. This also seems to be true concerning auto-exploring units (I've had scouts go into my cities and kicking out my garrison on the next turn because they are stacked).

Yeah I have noticed 2 military units stacking in my game as well, usually one will teleport one tile over when the turn processes.

Those of you with crashes:

There's something on the client side that is causing problems. I don't know what, but I need you to experiment. Try different graphical settings, try different starting civs amounts, try w/ v. w/o barbs/CSs, etc.

I just tried two starts with no barbs or CS. One with DX9 at high settings, the other on DX11 with low. CTD as usual.

I'm using an Nividia 650TiBoost card.

Will try your downloads soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom