New Version - June 27th (6/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making sure we're on the same page, I installed only CPv86 and Set-up Screen v5 -- none of the other VP mods. And... it worked. I stopped after 16 turns.

Drop the CP in as a replacement for the CP in the full set. Delete the lua folder in it, and give it a whirl.

I'm hopeful.

G

Deleted old folder, unzipped new, put in mods folder, cleared cache - still crashing the same.

For some reason my city icon disappeared and I couldn't manually click it. Probably something weird on my end though. I'll revalidate the game.

Deleted old folder, unzipped new, put in mods folder, cleared cache - still crashing the same.

For some reason my city icon disappeared and I couldn't manually click it. Probably something weird on my end though. I'll revalidate the game.

Crashed on first turn. Anything of value that the problem's not associated with the basic CP?

Post minidump on github (if you already have a post there, just update it).

Make sure you deleted the lua folder, 13ananas.

G

Not necessarily - graphics and whatnot can affect memory, and if we're hitting a memory issue, that could be a major problem.

Yes, but no. There is no way vanilla BNW, or older versions of VP, work fine with same hardware/OS, but the new VP suddenly affects VGA memory, just no. It's code related in some way or the other. Either the iterator killer (the problem with the strange crashes in Dec 2015), or the VC++ distro of some users.

Nevertheless, we're both on VS2010, with all requisite distros tied to that. I'm pretty sure I have all VC distros up to 2015 installed, though.

Nevertheless, crashers, please try the beta I just posted.

G

You sure Ilteroi is using VS2010? I suspect he is introducing some newer distro pre-reqs with his code blocks...

Now it crashes sooner :D

CTD turn 2 (I didn't forget to clean my cache, only VP activated ) :lol:
Yes, but no. There is no way vanilla BNW, or older versions of VP, work fine with same hardware/OS, but the new VP suddenly affects VGA memory, just no. It's code related in some way or the other.

I think you're right. something has been introduced in the code in the last versions.

Found the minidump. But I'm beginning to understand Funak. I can't upload zip files to GitHub.

I can't even access that website for some reason, not that I really care, didn't use it back when I could access it.

CTD on turn 3... Didn't have any problems in the previous version, and I also have never had any problems with any version of Vox Populi before. I'm going to try deleting some things and reinstalling from my end and will upload relevant files to github if I can't fix it.

@Gazebo

I don't know what change you have in mind, but it is pretty frustrating that the version just three days ago gave me no problems and now I can't play the game.

In the meantime...have you considered upgrading to Windows 10? :)

G

I only use my PC for Civ, so why not? I didn't bother because of the alleged intrusiveness, and that Civ 6 won't require it.

@Gazebo

I don't know what change you have in mind, but it is pretty frustrating that the version just three days ago gave me no problems and now I can't play the game.

Why don't you just go back to that one then?

Why don't you just go back to that one then?

I know full well that I'm speaking out of turn, but it's quite frustrating to see that every new version causes new problems for new people and doesn't fix any of the old ones. I'm mostly upset because I have to spend 2 hours redownloading everything I use because I have horsehockye internet in the middle of nowhere that affords me 40 KB/s on a good hour.

@Gazebo

I've just restored my civ and VS2010 setup here so I can build locally and attach the debugger. Since you can't reproduce, I'd be happy to step through and give feedback over at Git, if that would be helpful.

I'm seeing the same early turn CTD as others (avoidable by disabling AI_HOMELAND_MOVE_PRIORITY_PATROL). This is true both with the public download as well as with a locally built dll, symbols included, debugger attached etc.

Spent a little time looking at it yesterday with the 6-25 build...haven't tried 6-27. I'm out of my depth as far as knowing what to look for ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom