1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - March 7th (3-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Mar 6, 2017.

1. SLGray

SLGray Chieftain

Are you using any other mods? I use YAEMP v24 and select Riche for resources.

2. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

That seems a AssignStartingPlots.lua problem. It can caused by mod conflict, bad install, or such things. But Idk exact reason.

3. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Vox Populi does not offer support for other mods. There's a section on modmods that work well with VP, check that before complaining.

4. Hashemi 1711

Hashemi 1711 Chieftain

Oh God :mischief: made a rookie mistake ignore my comment completely , i had downgraded for some reason but forget to update game before installing mod , it become obvious when i run bug fix only and still world would not produce any resource. When i get some spare time i will try mod again and sorry for not checking my game version first.
    I will punish my self with playing a marathon game with wrong version when i got some spare time:D

5. Hashemi 1711

Hashemi 1711 Chieftain

I updated game and ran game today didn't played much but it was working just fine , resource and luxuries exist in map and it tool tip problem was solved.

A bout gold i have to play longer till i understand if it is fixed but it worth mentioning i believe before this unit limit was gone and AI had massive army i think it cased GPT problem.
    Any way i will let you know if GPT had problem once i got some more time to play this impressive master piece.

Also i want to say this is best mod specially balance wise i played in any game maybe expect lost alpha stalker mod (it is tie) and i played lots of mods.

6. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

Is the AI aware of who I have a defensive pact with? When I have a defensive pact with the #1 army in the game, other civs are declaring war on me and soon becoming vassals of my defensive pact buddy.

I do get a good chuckle out of it, but are they aware? It'd make sense for them to be more cautious if they know the other guy will destroy them as a consequence.

Bromar1 likes this.
  7. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

I have also seen some very odd war declarations when I have a defensive pact.

Bromar1 and PapaRockett like this.
  8. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

Gazebo u sure that Venice has penalty for tourism based on number of cities?
    Maybe puppet cities doesn't count ?(i look at code, but it first time i do that so for a first look i have no idea how 'GetNumCitiesPolicyCostMod' function works)

9. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

I've had the same experiecne, more recently than earlier. I asked about this once before, and recall Gazebo saying that the AI does take it into account.

10. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

In that case some of the AI are just reckless lol

I was on my own continent. Had a DP with Egypt who was #1. Dido was just hostile to me the whole game for no reason, and Egypt was her direct neighbour. She got demolished to the bottom of the scoreboard within like 10 turns

11. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

Examples like these, which we've all had, are essentially no different from a weak AI declaring war on a powerful AI, who then quickly wipes it out. I asked Gazebo about what potential upside there could be for the weaker AI in these cases. In short, he said they have their reasons (which may not be obvious at all).

I'm applying that answer to the current DP question.

12. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

A weaker AI could attack a stronger one if it expects other civs to join. Someone needs to make the first move. Not sure if this is the case.

13. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

It could be the case. Or to take it one step further, the weaker AI knows it's unlikely that others will join in, but knows without a doubt that he is doomed if he doesn't do something drastic... something that 9 times out of 10 will seem suicidal to others.

14. CrazyG

CrazyG Warlord

The AI has logic to to joint declarations of war though, I don't think this is what's happening.

My most recent game I was in the middle of the pack, but Austria felt the need to war me over imaginary city state disputes. She also declared war on the Iroquois and Carthage via defensive pact, who both shared borders with her (I didn't). Austria was the score leader and in a great position to win but just collapsed instantly, from what I can tell there were no soldiers near Carthage's border and the force she sent to attack me had Iroquois cities on two sides. The AI is usually much better than this I suspect some logic is missing for handling defensive pacts well

15. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

The thi
    the thing is, I was playing tall Korea and by no means was I any competition. The only plus I had was that I was in the science lead. If it wasn't for my own continent. I'd easily be wiped out.

Another recent game, I was playing england and was pretty much at the bottom of the scoreboard. Had a DP with shaka who was #1.

Out of the blue, Korea declared war on me and he was Shaka's neighbour. He lost 3 of his big cities very quickly.

I do suspect that there's some bug in the logic somewhere. The AI is asking me for DP even though my military sucks too. I'm not complaining about that because I find it difficult to sustain an army when playing tall, but I do wonder if it's intentional

16. peterw1987

peterw1987 Chieftain

AI consider money gpt for defensive pact also. I am not sure how GPT calculated as military for defensive pact(as also for peace treaty)

I am quite often have small military, but I have huge gpt, and i secure several dp.

17. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

The AI understands defensive pacts, in that they add the relative power of defensive pact players into the innate defense of the player they intend to attack, weighing it against their own. The AI is sometimes oddly aggressive if all of their negative diplo modifiers are triggered just right. There's also a small (very small) element of unpredictability at play to, well, make the AI unpredictable at times. It is possible that this element is simply generating observation bias in these situations. There's also the hubris factor - even when weighing strength against strength, the AI may not have its units in the perfect placement, or another player may make a major military investment at the start of the war.

PapaRockett likes this.
  18. PapaRockett

PapaRockett Chieftain

Yeah, I agree about the AI not having their units in correct placement at times. When dido declared on me, she sent a few quinquiremes(sp) to one of my cities, but they weren't a problem against my hwachas (awesome UU)

However I've definitely noticed the difference between a spur of the moment attack and an organised one. If I'm outnumbered against an organised group of catapults, horsemen, ranged navy units etc, I get absolutely destroyed (I must say I'm really impressed with how the AI positions their army in this mod)

19. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Chieftain

Is merging population/border growth popup in each one doable?

20. Hashemi 1711

Hashemi 1711 Chieftain

I run into a minor bug today , i got event to chose a great person , i chose one but game would not let me to end turn.
    Reloaded a previous save and this time after event game keep telling me to chose production of one of my cites.
    Saved and reloaded problem was solved.

Also i like how AI fight in this mod , i got attacked by 4 player at same time and i was not really a war boy ^_^ , defeating them was glories.

Ps.i had this issue without mods too , when AI asked me to move my troops from they border i moved them far away then attacked them a bout 35 turn later but still anyone hate me for braking my promise.