1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - May 20th (5/20)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, May 21, 2018.

1. yogiebere

yogiebere Civilization City Planner

Or you could shift it to 2/2 on guilds and ampis if it's underperforming.

2. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Iam not really sure if its a conflict created cause I made a modpack or anything else, but...
    In my game the "Tithes" belief didnt work properly. I only get 20 +1-3 gold for spreading religion to other cities. Anyone else have this problem?
    Maybe not working cause Ive picked it as additional belief by byzantium.

3. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Playing at the moment a game with netherlands on a small earth map, emperor.
    Everyone has plenty of luxury goods, and plenty of luxury goods to trade and trigger my ability.
    Since around turn 50 Iam able to effectivly increase my culture output by 60-110% by my ability alone, and it isnt low, cause I play tall/tradition with 5 cites.
    Morroco and arabia in my game have one more policy, thats ok, their UA gives them culture. But portugal has also one more policy too, even they have no culture related UA.
    They have 7 cities while I have 5. I have insance culture output the whole game, even now I have 300 culture per turn vs 200 (2 of their cities working culture, the third science). And still they are ahead of me. I think I am closing the gap now a bit, but its still silly you have to create 100% more culture by your UA to stay with AI on one lvl?

Is this balanced? Do they get spammed by culture historic events cause their ability generated Generals and Admirals?

4. Jarula

Jarula Chieftain

The to the glory of god doesn't scale with era...

5. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Chieftain

I don't think it's supposed to.

6. Jarula

Jarula Chieftain

then thats insignificant the amount of extra culture faith science gold...

7. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Chieftain

That's not the main point of it though, the main point is being able to purchase every type of GP.

It used to be +2 per city, which was considered OP.

8. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

It maybe is now a bit too much nerfed.
    First it went down from 2 to 1 yield. Then a maximum introduced with 20. And additionally an extra religion foundable, reducing the possible abount of following cities. I think after the 2 last changes, we could undone the first change and give it back that 2 yields.

9. CppMaster

CppMaster Chieftain

Or scale with era.

10. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Glory of God is flat out amazing right now. You can a lot of extra GP with it, the yields are pure gravy to me.

Jakethedane likes this.
  11. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

Just out of curiosity, why do you play netherlands as a tall civ? Looking back to when they were buffed, Gazebo intended them to be that way too, but their UI begs for as much space by water as possible, and for their UA having more resources to trade by settling wide seems like a much bigger bonus than staying small. What's the reasoning here?

12. Txurce

Txurce Chieftain

I play them all the time, and I play them both ways (usually based on what I am currently testing). I go tall/Tradition for the culture synergy. But as ElliotS has noted a few times, this can comfortably mean 8 cities. (I've gone higher, with suboptimal results.) I go wide if the UA will have a meaningful impact on my expansion.

PS - I don't know how their UI (polders) "begs for as much space by water as possible," assuming you mean lakes and rivers.

13. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Chieftain

Oversettling could piss off your neighbours and make them not want to trade with you and the Gold/Culture values are inherently more valuable in a small empire than a wide one due to the penalties per city. Their UI provides plenty of Food which makes it good for Tradition-they can replace the Farms that are valuable for Tradition.

But Netherlands could be a solid Progress civ as well. I'd say if you have a coastal monopoly and an opportunity to build a coastal empire, go for it. The money Progress gives you allows you to instantly buy/connect powerful sea resources that Tradition would have trouble connecting (especially considering that Fishing boats are one-time use), which is even better for the Netherlands since they can go on the market for trading sooner, Progress is good at rushing Sailing for navy/lighthouses and has the production it needs to build them quickly (this is where Tradition would majorly struggle), Progress tends to go wide which has a synergy with a coastal empire (as more cities on the coast means better map control of it and more cities to build navy from), particularly one with a coastal monopoly (if you have a coastal monopoly this means committing to the coast). Most coastal monopolies are high yielding and have flat yield monopolies (exception of Whales but Whales are a solid tile anyway and Science is best for Progress long-term), which is great for Progress since Progress is able to ride on high yield starts very effectively with their infrastructure/technology bonuses.

Lighthouses yield +3 food +1 gold from coastal tiles which is just what Progress wants, as this allows you to grow while combatting Poverty (tends to be a problem in wider empires) and Gold is exactly what you want as the Netherlands to have money to trade (and as Progress which invests that gold early on for more development/defense). Coastal tiles require extra infrastructure to get up but when they are established yield Food/Production/Gold all rolled in one which is exactly what Progress wants.

So in conclusion? Adapt to your start. Netherlands is good at coastal empires which have an inherent synergy with Progress but is equipped to play Tradition culture games as well and could even potentially play Authority (like Progress but more militaristic in nature).

I've never actually played Netherlands, this is purely speculative :) My experience with coastal empires/Progress in general is what prompted me to make this long post.

Hinin likes this.
  14. wistak

wistak Chieftain

Was all this bugs witch yelds (golden ages panteons etc.) and multi desyncs frilom barbs fixed or this all will be in next version?

15. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Chieftain

In upcomming version.
    (Though it may have some remaining yields bugs, since we're not sure to have found all of them)

16. wistak

wistak Chieftain

So if I want to begin new game with Friends probably best choice is 4-30 or waiting 6-x

17. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Chieftain

That's whay I would advise.
    The only true problem of 4-30 is happiness being though.

18. wistak

wistak Chieftain

We Play on Prince or king so if I remember correctly it is not a very big problem

19. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

Have you ever played earth map, small size, best start in africa? I may have only 5 cities, but I have direct control of 11 different luxuries and 3 monopolies. I can trigger 17 import and exports for my UA. I get a huge amount of gold and culture. And the benefits by the extra culture is bigger, the smaller you empire is. I like the dutch, all you need are some rivers (playing perfectworld3 really helps in this aspect) and you can play like you want.

The most important reason why I have only 5 cities, is portugal. I couldnt deny their first city in my direction, and since then, theres a lot of hostility between us. Till yet I couldnt beat her, shes always ahead in tech and with an insane supply cap of around 100 (while I have 40), I have to stay mainly defensive, rotate my units to safe them and kill only with ranged units. Their permanent battle with neighbors and their UA gave her so many generals and admirals, its simply insane.

20. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

Yes, freshwater not coast. The more polders, the more gold/culture you get.