New Version - May 20th (5/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are events turned off by default in the latest build? I haven't played VP for about a year so I'm not entirely sure what's been cut or added.

Are events turned off by default in the latest build? I haven't played VP for about a year so I'm not entirely sure what's been cut or added.
I think there is this weird default settup: event are enabled but every kind of event (good/bad/neutral/...) is disabled.

I think there is this weird default settup: event are enabled but every kind of event (good/bad/neutral/...) is disabled.

The Unique City States mod needs the event code to be enabled (even if all events are disabled), perhaps that is why.

And even you uncheck the event system, you get some events.
which would those be?

somehow the first game of a newly created modpack always checks the event system option after game start, although i'm always 99.999% sure sure that i disabled them. when i start a second second match, the options i had for the first game load and show me a checked box for the event system, although i'm sure i turned it off, as i said. when i turn it off again and start the second game, the event system stays off, as it should. happened the last 3 times now.

Just chiming in to say I've never had an event when events weren't enabled.

I've never had an event happen when I checked the events thing in the advanced settings neither, but I don't think it's necessarily made up. A mod to this mod could break it or something.

Yup, it’s patently impossible if they’re checked off. Some people just like to make things up because they can.

G
It did happen to me when I didn't check off all individual types of events too. Maybe really advanced setup has something to do with it.

It did happen to me when I didn't check off all individual types of events too. Maybe really advanced setup has something to do with it.
Yeah, I unchecked the "general" events box and asked me, while some of the no good/bad/.... boxes are activated but didnt payed more attention to it. Till I get events in the game, mainly farmlands or lumbermills burning all 15 turns....
It looks like I have to activate all "no .... event" boxes to disable it completly.

It's literally a binary 0-1 situation - if the option is off, it is 0. If the option is 1, it is on. The events can't fire if it is false (0). I can't help you if your install is non-standard.

G

It's literally a binary 0-1 situation - if the option is off, it is 0. If the option is 1, it is on. The events can't fire if it is false (0). I can't help you if your install is non-standard.

G
RAS is one of the most subbed mods on steam and if my memory serves correctly, Mark isn't making up this issue. I think others have mentioned it here and there.
In any case, the problem is obviously out of your hands.

RAS is one of the most subbed mods on steam and if my memory serves correctly, Mark isn't making up this issue. I think others have mentioned it here and there.
In any case, the problem is obviously out of your hands.

I know of RAS and I know it is popular, but - again - it's a non-standard install relative to VP. My guess is that the database RAS generates for its own values isn't propagating to the defines database for some custom options, but I don't have a clue as to why.

My point being: on a standard VP setup, off is off and on is on.

G

I know of RAS and I know it is popular, but - again - it's a non-standard install relative to VP. My guess is that the database RAS generates for its own values isn't propagating to the defines database for some custom options, but I don't have a clue as to why.

My point being: on a standard VP setup, off is off and on is on.

G
I appreciate it. Just wanted to clarify that Bite isn't crossing any boundaries here. His complaints may get needlessly long, but he has dedicated time to VP, at least.

I appreciate it. Just wanted to clarify that Bite isn't crossing any boundaries here. His complaints may get needlessly long, but he has dedicated time to VP, at least.

Not sure what you're talking about re: @BiteInTheMark - my point above wasn't to single anyone out, but note that a standard install, done correctly, won't bug out, and anyone claiming otherwise is on a non-standard install.

G

Not sure what you're talking about re: @BiteInTheMark - my point above wasn't to single anyone out, but note that a standard install, done correctly, won't bug out, and anyone claiming otherwise is on a non-standard install.

G
I guess I misunderstood you then! All well and good. Seemed a tad much when you said people just make up things up since it's a known issue to me.

G
Ive made a clean install as usual and didnt used any other mod. I will check it tomorrow.

I guess I misunderstood you then! All well and good. Seemed a tad much when you said people just make up things up since it's a known issue to me.

Sorry, I get a lot of bug reports thrown my way that are caused by non-standard installs, want to head that off at the pass.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom