1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - November 17th (11/17)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I agree, although fiddling with the watermill isn't necessarily the best mechanic. But again, Gazebo may philosophically prefer a more even approach to settlements.

2. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

3. Myrrdin_Emrys

Myrrdin_Emrys Warlord

I'm having a lot of CTD in one of my games around turn 300 with this new version. Am I the only one ?

4. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

I have some UI issues I thought I'd bring up, they are from the previous version, so my apologies if they were corrected (by the changelog I think not):

1) The bonus yields notfications from using a GP, or buying something, or a citizen being born (thus giving +30 culture or whatever) clutter the notification screen too much, i think it would be better if a system similar to the city state compactness were implemented
    2) It would be nice to have a "you have been nuked" notification
    3) Did I dream this or did a previous version of EUI enable restoring a trade agreement by clicking in its "has expired" notification

On open borders:
    1) Is there ANY way to renew an open borders agreement BEFORE it expires???
    2) Why is it when a civ that has open borders with you DOWs YOU (human is defender) your units get thrown OFF their territory? This makes no sense from a gameplay and realism standpoint, if you don't want your units around your territory, don't DOW someone you have open borders with....basic logic.

On the AI:
    I think the AI likes to war against allied city states too much over their master, dedicating way to much effort in fighting them instead of me, is this possible? has it happenend to any of you?

Also I thought I'd mention that my newest game as Carthage had the AI being a bit smarter on the whole "White Peace" thing, seems to have been a one off thing in my previous match as Poland

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, about to start a match on this build soon :)

Epic - Prince - Communitas map
    Quick Turns
    EUI Version

Cheers!!! This mod is fantastic

5. Lee Saxon

Lee Saxon Chieftain

Given its introductory / fundamental nature, I think making Councils maintenance free was a nice change.

However, I think Stonehenge now needs a bit of a buff since "free Council" is much less valuable (just 53 free production, basically). Perhaps give it +2 culture instead of +1? Or the +1g a "free Council" essentially used to represent?

Skidizzle and vyyt like this.
  6. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

It's a small nerf, but Stonhenge still gives a pantheon and saves you the hammers very early. I don't mind losing that +1 gold.

7. Legedi

Legedi Chieftain

First game I've played on the patch, and I'm setting up my first trade routes on turn 135ish. I can't get any of the routes to actually follow my roads. I've seen quirks here and there on trade routes not following roads well, but this is bad. I've attached the game.

Attached Files:

8. Txurce

Txurce Deity

This belongs on GitHub.

9. ranger101

ranger101 Chieftain

I just installed the Nov. 17 patch and I can't find the Communitas Map when I am setting up the game to play. I had the map available in the all the previous patches. (I couldn't find it if entered game setup without loading the mods as well). I am wondering if I lost some other maps when I installed the patch as I thought I had more folders, but I may be mistaken on this.

10. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Eh?

11. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I'm using RAS and it's always giving me 20 city-states because I can add 43 players despite me not wanting 43 civs. I've used the previous version and it gave me 41 city-states, but this hotfix is giving me 20 city-states due to that DLL restriction. (i only want 22 civs)

The hotfix isn't the problem. It's this version.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  12. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Yeah, the link in the OP is 43 civ version.

13. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Isn't it intended? I'm very happy because latest version of VP supports 43 civs! 43 civs' dll was always an older version.

14. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

Zoo used to have a focus: mitigating illiteracy and boredom unhappiness, something that every empire has to deal with. Now, it's become extremely niche: tourism for non-great work centric civs? How often does that come up? And even then, they need forests/jungle to take advantage of it? You turned an all around useful building into a very, very situational one.

Circus might be a bit more nuanced. I agree that some happiness related wonders (like that one that gives free cathedral and great merchant points... can't remember the name) are less desirable because of circus. On the other hand though, I highly doubt avoiding social policies that give building happiness because you can build circuses instead is viable at all. Every renaissance era social policy tree has a building happiness policy so none of them is being overshadowed by circuses.

Honestly, I don't see how 10 turns of wltkd is more focused at all. You essentially created a building that for 6-9 turns of production (and maintenance for the rest of the game), you can shave off 1 or 2 turns of growth until your next citizen is born. Seems pretty bad to me.

If circus was really overperforming, why not just increase its hammer cost or maintenance?

15. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Wait a minute, can you sell/destroy the circus and rebuild for more culture? Maybe do the same for Zoo? That could actually be pretty great. Things must be tested.

16. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I don't want to be a party pooper, but that seems unfair for the AI if it doesn't destroy and rebuild its circuses to get free WLTKDs and Culture when it can spare Production. Especially if they're China.

17. Enginseer

No, I don't want 43 useless civilization clogging up my expansion when I could be easily allying those 21 civs who would have became city-states while also having much less spies and much more denouncement and warmonger hate.

18. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

So you can still play with 21 other civs and many of city-states, right? Then, what's the matter? I think you don't have to play with 42 other civs whether it is allowed or not.

19. Enginseer

Because I like 41 city-states and the 43 civ DLL prohibits that in the first place.

20. orgrinrt

orgrinrt Chieftain

Hello, I'm new around here so sorry if I'm posting this in a wrong place.

I recently updated my VP to this recent version, and suddenly my games CTD during the loading of any map with any settings. An error that I think causes this (it's the last one in the LUA file before CTD) is here:

Spoiler :

[7107.218] DiscussionDialog: This is the modded DiscussionDialog.lua from CBP - C4DF
    [7107.250] DiploTrade: This is the modded TradeLogic from CBP- C4DF
    [7107.343] LeaderHeadRoot: Could not find discussing player!
    [7107.343] LeaderHeadRoot: Could not find discussing player!

Everything else in the LUA log seems to be loading correctly with no errors.

Now I have installed a couple of custom civs and wonders at the same time as updating VP, but before going through the tedious task of disabling them all one-by-one, I thought I'd hop in here and ask if any changes were made to the CBP version of C4DF, and if this is a common thing that now happens with certain mods or such. I haven't added or disabled any mods I had before updating, and before updating they were working just fine. One thing I did do though, was remove EUI, but that should cause something like this, right?

I'd be very happy if someone has encountered this and has already found a easy fix, but I guess I'm going to have to go through the wonders and civs, since it's kind of a long shot anyone has stumbled upon this kind of problems when updating, since i didn't find anything with a simple search here or in google. Any help would be appreciated in the case that disabling all the new wonders and civs doesn't help. I'm assuming it'd be weird if any new civs or wonders caused something like this though.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I just hopped in to ask if this has happened before and someone already found a fix; I'm not asking for any further help with this, I'll sort it out by myself obviously if no one has had this happen to them with the update. I don't want to burden anyone with this little problem, so I'm sorry if it comes out as such a request. Also this probably isn't a bug, most likely a mod conflict since I have a big bunch of them currently (though they did work together before the update), hence I posted it here instead of the github page. Sorry if I'm doing it wrong, as I said, I'm new around here :^(

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016