1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 12th (10/12)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Hey all,

New version inbound. An incremental version, not a lot of major adjustments, so if you are still on a 10-9-1 game stick with it. Anyways, here's wonderwall the patchnotes:

Database entries prevent this version from being savegame compatible with saves from 10-9-1.

Online as of 10:00pm EST.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!mI1hmDxI!PYZx15lN7deiQ-wlaEbua4mHA2dH3MhhCY3_f9zSsiE

Cheers,
    Gazebo

2. Wexmajor

Wexmajor Chieftain

I was just playing 10-9-1 and Boudicca's ability to generate +3 faith through majority pantheons in owned cities didn't appear to be working. Either that or I'm misunderstanding how it works. I had a pantheon up and running in the city but no +3 faith from it. Just thought I'd mention it since it's not in the changelog.

3. Strigvir

Strigvir Chieftain

Works fine for me, so it's either mod conflict or you've found the religion, which nulls your UA bonus with pantheon cities.

4. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

Glad I waited a couple of hours. The changes to the opening policies seem just right.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

Yep, just a small nerf to Authority and a small buff to Tradition. I avoided touching the 'on-kill' yields of Authority as they are the primary element that scales better versus higher-level AI (thus nerfing them would hurt Authority below Emperor).

6. Navanod

Navanod Chieftain

I like the nerf to the AI's free policy!
    I found it impossible to grab wonders like Great Library because the AI's will always have the 6 policies need while I am struggling at 5.

I just realized that AIs starts with 2 warriors, a scout and a worker at Emperor!

7. tompliss

tompliss Chieftain

Yeap, it's cool to be on a more equal ground at the game start :)
    I think the difference about this is smaller than in vanilla. It is written in the "(2) Community Balance Overhaul/Balance Changes/Difficulty/DifficultyMod.xml" file, in the "AIStarting" lines (defence = warrior, worker = worker, explore = scout). I think those numbers are in addition to the normal settler+warrior everyone gets.

8. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

Want to test it out, but enjoying so much iterolis experimental version, I don't want to not have it :(

9. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

Thanks, the barbarian spawn rate is better now.

10. notque

I may be in the minority, but I liked the spawn rate. Didn't seem any worse than Civ 6's. Biggest issue is if the AI could handle it, or if it stunted their initial growth.

Arkenean likes this.
  11. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

I still think that high barb. spawn rate in the version before may be suitable for cbo, but should not be added to cp.

12. ilteroi

ilteroi Chieftain

new version here!

Attached Files:

Zares, Arkenean and notque like this.
  13. notque

You're the man! Thank you!

14. code99

code99 Chieftain

Excuse my ignorance but whats with this "new" version?

15. notque

Experimental test version with new unit pathing. Has bugs, avoid if you're not a tester.

16. code99

code99 Chieftain

Gotcha!

17. notque

Probably best to just quote him though,

"it's a drop in replacement for the DLL in the Community Patch folder. optionally make a backup of G's original version first.

it is not quite finished yet, but at least it doesn't crash :) i'm interested in feedback on the general performance (AI fighting better or worse?) and examples of AI misbehavior (that is, stupid moves)."

18. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

speaking about boudicca, her UA definition says, that foreign religion shouldnt spread to her cities via natural way(pressure,trade routes), but im noticing in 9/19(modpack), that she also doesnt generate natural pressure to neigbour cities. and noticed this same thing in some previous(before 9/19) version too in sp instalation. so is that right or bug? dont write mod conflict since i dont use any dll changing aside VP.

19. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Warlord

I don't like the Authority changes, especially since the thread complaining about it was pretty even with those against and for the nerf, with most admitting Progress is better later on already. Can you at least prohibit AI from going Authority? So it'd only consider Tradition and Progress as pickable policy trees. It's always been doing awfully on Authority and the worst out of all 3 policy trees by far, after the changes and Tradition buff making it pickable for wide it'll be even worse off, especially now that it won't have any real edge in combat/producing units over the likes of Progress until you pretty much finish it. A typical Authority AI only does well if it's on a constant runaway civ like Ethiopia, Oplynesia and similar.

20. Navanod

Navanod Chieftain

If I understood the wiki right.

Cities with your Pantheon or founded Religion neither generate nor receive foreign Religious Pressure.

So unless you are referring to natural pressure to your own cities neighbouring the holy city...