1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 12th (10/12)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Wexmajor

Wexmajor Chieftain

No, all of the other city-states in the game are attacking their enemies like they're supposed to. The ones allied with my enemies are coming into my lands and pillaging them. It's just my city-state ally that's sitting around doing literally nothing.

Edit: Sorry, I should have been more clear in my original post. The troops are huddled around their own city, not an enemy city.

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Usually if the allies are out-teched by their enemies, they would stay near their city-states more often.

3. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

I've seen them take several cities lately. I am using the experimental build though.

4. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

in 9/19 modpack Ur took one of Attilas isolated cities. never seen that before.

5. infidel88

infidel88 Chieftain

Happens without experimental build, was happening very rarely in vanilla. Yes, CS are now way more active during war time (they still need bigger army imo) and thats awesome, they actually feel like an ally.

6. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

i dont know if i remember corectly, but shouldnt i get experience with Foreign legions( freedom tenet) based on capital military infrastructure?

7. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

what a hell is going on with that war weariness. it has been discussed before in many threads, actually not explaining anything and not correctly. i DoWed Shoshone, both of us had ideology at begining and while he has 5 war weariness, i have 14. important to say, that non-ideology siam became voluntarily vassal of pocatello so i am at war with him too. so it is stacking either for number of enemies, or just attacker has almost tripple rate.

8. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Warlord

On Immortal, I usually take progress and thus have extra incentive to set up roads very early on. They pay off by reducing unhappiness (isolation), providing gold directly and through tile improvements, and providing science (progress). If necessary, I sell even luxuries I have one copy of to pay for the reads.

9. notque

Yep. That'd be another way to go about it. One of the things I like is there are several possible strategies to deal with these issues, and we all organically come up with our own ways to deal with them.

10. Barak

Barak Chieftain

So I have noticed that in the latest 2 versions the AI is much smarter and the barbs much stronger. But I have often seen the barbarians not attacking CS units nor moving against AI cities when possible.

I have also noticed that the AI is now building early wonders much more quickly (especially Stonehenge and Statue of Zeus) which they used to ignore (or I could beat them to) and playing on Prince it seems that the AI civs advantage is a tad stronger than it should be since I have always thought of Prince as normal difficulty.

Its just frustrating to be beaten to wonders due to AI early bonuses. Guess I need to adjust my strategies again.

vyyt likes this.
  11. notque

I don't feel like I'm beaten to wonders due to AI early bonuses, or that AI is getting them due to bonuses. I mean, look at their build order, and compare it to yours... and you'll find they just flat out beat you because they prioritized it higher.

I watch AI build orders every day, and they are literally just prioritizing it. If you do the same, you will compete for them. If you win them or not, is obviously up to hammers/starting location.

12. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

my holy god. i sieged moson kahni about 20 turns with artilleries( 6 units). he has 113 defensive power with riflemen inside. probably took freedom tenet with 33% increased strenght of cities and has Red fort. i feel there is a huge hole between artileries and rocket artilerries. that city is 4 tilles from watter and it will be 4 turns when first bomber will be ready, but i dont expect good result with cities having 70-90 defense.

13. tompliss

tompliss Chieftain

I also feel that, since the "recent" buff to walls and castles (and even sometimes a bit before), the cities can get a really high strength, compared to units.

14. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

As they are supposed to, you would need siege units to take them down then.

notque likes this.
  15. tompliss

tompliss Chieftain

The thing is, even with 4-6 siege units (and a few horse units swapping), there are still times where I need nearly 10 turns to take a non-capital city.

Also, playing Askia with the UU horseman with extra strength and no penalty against cities, with an order to get the second promotion, I still needed ~15-30 attacks against a pre-castle city. It feels a bit much :/

16. notque

I really like that if you focus on defensive buildings/wonders it can be hard to take a city. I like the balance it has now.

17. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

i wouldnt call it balance. even if pocatelo wouldnt have Red fort, arsenal+ up to date meele and +33% def from tenet and you are incapable hurt much some run away civ. i rly dont want imagine similar situation against human player. it will not be fun at all. im aware that im actually fighting the worst combination i could( pocatello with its cs in own land and all def buildings except himedzi), but similar situation i had vs Siam in medieval, with trebs vs castles somewhat better result, but nothing shiny.i dont understand this buff to def buildings. there was nothing wrong with them.

18. Meticulous

Meticulous Chieftain

I like harder to take cities as long as there's an investment required to make the city hard to take. Much like in real warfare, you can still besiege a city successfully no matter how impenetrable its defenses by cutting off supply lines for long enough - in the case of civ, just pillaging all their lands and trade routes and not letting them repair anything. It's not as immediate as annihilating them, but while they're starving for yields you can outpace them until you eventually do have the firepower to take them out.

notque likes this.
  19. Navanod

Navanod Chieftain

Is it normal for me to be able to access Industrial Era policies in Renaissance Era although I had not completed any policy trees (not even ancient)?

20. pandasnail

pandasnail Chieftain

Yeah, any 12 policies unlocks the third level policy trees.

Navanod likes this.