1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 17th (10-17)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

New version inbound. Lots of good stuff here, especially some nice QoL stuff. Really feels like we're honing in on some nice balance targets after some of the bigger changes of the past few months. Anyways, here's the changelog:

Online as of 12:30am EST. Not savegame compatible with saves from previous versions.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!3ZFRzYKa!Od4xhYonzTJvaeTndEqLb-KjM8ia8Y3CtML6RurT3W4

Cheers,
    Gazebo

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Imnoob, tu_79, Jdoug312 and 10 others like this.
  2. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

truly this kills the monster (bugs):borg:

3. Shiva777

Shiva777 Chieftain

Yes, I can finally use my GW's for culture. Also, Mr. G "Lord of the Community Patch" is an understatement; your new title should be "God of the Community Patch", just a suggestion from a humble follower.

Imnoob, vyyt, Bromar1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Warlord

Increased bonuses from influence at all levels
    • Growth bonus now 40/30/20/10/5 (was 15/12/9/6/3)
    • Gold bonus now 15/12/8/6/3 (was 10/8/6/4/2)
    • Science bonus now 10/8/6/4/2 (Was 5/4/3/2/1)

Sorry, what influence? Tourism? Is that trade route yield? Maybe not because international trade route give no growth bonus.

5. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

RIP VENICE LONG LIVE THE DOGE

AUTHORITY VENICE 4 LIFE

6. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

For us modders, is there anything we need to do to get any new instant yields to show up in the UI?

7. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Finally OP citrus and crabs get their deserved nerf!

:help:

Owlbebach likes this.
  8. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Balance-wise probably the best patch in 2017!

Everything regarding science/culture scalers and puppets is very good!

Some early concerns (haven't tried yet, but theoretically)
    - Venice might be OP, no tech/culture increase and puppets are as productive as normal cities (keep in mind that Venice can control production of puppets)
    - Citrus/Crabs are awful, especially –°itrus

I think CrazyG's suggestion to move forest chopping to Mining and jungle Chopping to Bronze Working was a really good idea. I would actually combine it with moving mines to Bronze Working, anyway Plantations and Jungle chopping are on the different sides of tech tree. It seems fair to me when resources become available at about the same time

Atheen and ElliotS like this.
  9. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

I'm quite happy of the new version, except for the monopoly change.
    Do you mean that if I have a monopoly on a science ressource, I will get a total on my cities of +5 science (monopoly is 5 ressources on Standard map) instead of the already low +15 science ? Unless if it is scaling with era, that's useless ! Sure they were good early game but now (if I've understood correctly), they are just useless at any point of the game.
    Does making them scale with era a possibility ?

saamohod and wobuffet like this.
  10. randomnub

randomnub Prince

In your example, you had +10 science before, +5 now. And it's okay tbh, flat early yelds are powerful, and help vs unhappiness as well.

11. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I think the changes resolve the puppet situation well. Now if you have 10 cities on a standard map its seems like its a worthy choice to annex or puppet. Annexing the city effectively drops your science and culture in all other cities by just 4.9%, in exchange for an additional 50% in that city, plus purchasing and food/hammer bonuses. Its worth considering both sides, and long term probably wiser to annex

On monopolies, I didn't find +2 faith overpowered. Even with +2 faith tobacco was pretty average in my opinion. I think an issue with the culture and science ones is for some reason they are all mines, and you can rush a mining monopoly really quickly. If you moved the science to something like citrus, which takes a long time to connect, it would be fine. At just +1 per tile it seems underwhelming to me.

Bromar1, matlajs, tu_79 and 2 others like this.
  12. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

What is this sorcery? Is G a god? That amount of patch in 1 week is crazy talk XD

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

G, I'm getting no production overflow at all. This is a problem as it encourages a silly degree of micromanagement

14. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

The one problem I saw immediately is the effective nerf to big production bonuses from religion, most notably Transcendance. Now you have to ensure that you're building a fresh wonder to make most use of the hammers, and even then you'll still lose a lot of them.

15. randomnub

randomnub Prince

0 overflow confirmed :(

16. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

...and give +2 food on Amber monopoly! (joking, in fact i agree)

17. TalasNetrag

TalasNetrag Chieftain

The game always crashes on the 2nd turn.

bigcat88 likes this.
  18. kawyua

kawyua Warlord

Yeah I can't really play with 0 overflow. Also, there are so many great work slots now! >.< What am I supposed to do with that.

monopoly flat yields nerf is good, but there are things like the copper and whales monopoly that scale really hard with 10%:c5production: and :c5science:, respectively

I'm looking forward to the flat yields ui! Man, I want to take the time and put everything on a spreadsheet :)

19. Mad Madigan

Mad Madigan Prince

Wow! Another tasty, tasty balance pass! Very excited to see how this patch irons out the remaining wrinkles. My only concern (matching some others, it seems) is that the adjustment to monopoly bonuses, while good for some resources, may have been over-nerfing for already poor luxuries like Citrus, Crabs, and Tea. I was already Turn-1-Restarting for random games if these were my capital monopoly luxuries, and now they're even worse. I don't have a solution for this other than giving them better starting yields, with perhaps 1 Gold or Culture being added as a base or improved yield for them. Otherwise, this patch is *chef's kiss*

20. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

Increased bonuses from influence at all levels
    • Growth bonus now 40/30/20/10/5 (was 15/12/9/6/3)
    so if I'm Dominant influence wise on another civ, two trade routes from one of my cities to them gives 80% growth in my city ?