1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 9th (10/9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

I agree. He offered me peace, I killed more of his people. If there is a cool down period after taking a city, makes sense to me. I love that I'm not being denounced left, right and center.

Still playing, finding battles much tougher and longer. A the Inca are perched on a mountain and will not come down! Lol

2. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

Exactly.

I'm only using this mod to enjoy my gaming experience. I'm not here to debug. I'm simply not interested in it and to be honest, nowadays don't even have time for it. I always check bug reports thou, just to make sure there isn't any drastically big bugs or those which would ruin my experience. I don't care about smaller ones, they are in every single game.

But to the matter at hand, if it's truly a feature, then I'm sorry. People just seem to take it as a bug.

3. matlajs

matlajs King

i rly hate impossibility make peace in one certain case, tied with war weariness, where just one answer of ,, Get over it'' type throw you into war with enemy thousand tilles away, without ideology just sitting there doing anything. i would rather see no ww for warring defensive war against non ideology civ, or even better, do it mor complicated. like attacker would have ww for bad results from war(maybe tied to war score, where attacker will get unhappines for negative score or long term neutral score), forcing them make peace if war isnt pleasant for them and not just drain happines from oponent.

4. Magean

Magean Prince

One little thing, not a big deal but an annoyance: when I don't renew a deal that an AI liked, they propose it to me again, every turn thereafter, even though I keep refusing. I can't say if this happens all the time.

For example, I'm selling to X a luxury I've 2 copies of, then the deal ends and Y offers me more in return; so I sell it to Y, and then X will repeatedly ask for my last copy of the resource. I've noticed it in this version, and in the one from September 19th.

5. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

"Turns" isn't the cost, it's merely a "cost/production" ratio which is a subject to rounding.

6. krazyhades

krazyhades Chieftain

At the time I did not think it was truly some logical error in code. That is, I thought it might be a balance-calibration issue rather than truly buggy behavior, so it didn't occur to me to file a github report.

7. avl8

avl8 Prince

Yep, thats my question too. Checking every turn if AI can finally trade my horse is freaking boring :(

8. Lee Saxon

Lee Saxon Chieftain

Disagree with the change to Tradition Opener. Early turns are more than slow enough already.

Dimmy likes this.
  9. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Well, there's not much point in fixing what's not broken... If the current version is functioning well, why should I (or anyone else for that matter) update, knowing the new version has bugs not present in the older one?

BTW, speaking of the previous versions, the AI is briliant compared to vanilla. Has a few fails here and there, but overall, it much more challenging to fight against... :goodjob:

10. nikgame

nikgame Chieftain

Is it normal that the extra tourism output by CBP changes (like +8 tourism on building world wonder) is not shown on top (No EUI)? For me it only shows 2 tourism by a great work of art even though I have a wonder too.

11. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

I'm playing with Progress tree and I've noticed that even though I've taken the Liberty policy, which increases tile improvement rate by 25% it still takes 7 turns to build a pasture or a quarry(8 without the policy). Is that how it supposed to be? And the second point is that, using EUI, when I hover or a tile with a potential pasture or a quarry it says 6 turns and 7 turns(with and without policy respectively).

12. matlajs

matlajs King

you dont get permanent tourism boost with those events, you just get one time bomb for every known civilisation. later it is stronger + with aesthetics.

13. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

That's a very good point, war weariness seem unbalance in late game, especially in very wide game (23civ +), I remember games when I get 4-5 unhappiness per turn, when at that time you can make things like stadium, that take 6-8 turn to make for only 1 happiness.
    So rework that feature to make it less aggressive would be a good thing, as matlajs said, scale it with war score could be a good solution.

14. ColonelCarter

ColonelCarter Chieftain

It increases your improvement rate by 25%, not reduces improvement cost by 25%. Say an 8 turn improvement costs 8 "points" and your workers work at 1 "point" per turn. Liberty will make them work at 1.25 "points" per turn, and an 8 "point" improvement will take 8/1.25= 6.4 -> 7 turns.

15. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Warlord

Gazebo (and team), I'm incredibly impressed with the competent naval AI at this point. It feels almost like a whole different game... I can't imagine how much work it took to get this far. I also love the inclusion of a "competitiveness" diplo penalty that stops snowballers like myself from taking a few capitals and gently coasting toward a nonviolent victory for the rest of the game, on everyone's good side. All in all, the game is quite the challenge again, without having to rely on pumping the AI full of steroids. Well done!

16. matlajs

matlajs King

rly this math? :D below 0.5 it should fall to less number

17. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

Oh,thanks for answering.Now i understand.

I also have another question.How does culture cost of acquiring new tiles calculated? Because 120 to 45 points after Tradition policy Sovereignty doesn't seem like a 25% reduction.

18. Forsti

Forsti Warlord

It can't be that can it? I mean, without a bonus it takes you 4 turns to build a road. With progress it takes 3 (and with progress and pyramids 2 IIRC), even though it should only take 4/1.25=3,2 ->4 turns (and 3 turns with both pyramids and progress).

19. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

Now that you point it out, I guess math does not add up. There is also the EUI discrepancy that I mentioned earlier.

20. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

UNIT_WORKER has a base WorkRate of 90 (vs 100 in Vanilla). BUILD_ROAD has a Time of 400.

(Base) 400 / 90 = 4.44 turns
    (+25%) 400 / 112.5 = 3.55 turns
    (+50%) 400 / 135 = 2.96 turns

The numbers mentioned above for time taken (4 Turns/3 Turns/2 Turns) are accurate, which implies it's taking the integer part and always rounding down.

For roads, the Time is 300

(Base) 300 / 90 = 3.33 turns
    (+25%) 300 / 112.5 = 2.67 turns
    (+50%) 300 / 135 = 2.22 turns

Also seems to check out if rounding down every time.

Gazebo likes this.