1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - October 9th (10/9)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

Am I the only one who thinks that Progress have a little bit too slow start compared to Tradition?

2. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

You are supposed to expand aggresively. Next time you do 'Progress', go settle first, as much as you can, and leave buildings for later (when you can pick that policy that grants a bonus for producing buildings). Raise a small army to defend yourself when hitting borders with other civs (main difference with Authority is that you are not going to conquer until your cities are more developed). Even some conquests may be needed later. Compared with Tradition, Progress is nicer when you aim to conquer one or two civs (you know, being bigger helps being safer).
    If Tradition is better at building wonders, Progress is better at getting monopolies (monopolies that lead later to corporations).

3. nikgame

nikgame Chieftain

100+ turns are over and the AI has only build Stonehenge wonder yet..no other wonders from any other 7 AI civs whereas I already have 3. Is that normal? I am playing on Warlord difficulty

4. matlajs

matlajs Chieftain

noone should start play this mod anything lower than prince, unless he has no experience with civ at all

5. nikgame

nikgame Chieftain

I read in many forums that this mod's difficulty level has been ramped a lot..cheiftain in the mod is like king in the vanilla, warlord is like immortal and so on..that's why i thought to start with warlord.

6. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Chieftain

That's fine. You should play at whichever level you feel comfortable with. You should though move up levels if at any time you feel it is under-performing.
    Challenges should be... challenging.:D

7. tompliss

tompliss Chieftain

Yeah, don't worry :
    You're talking in a forum for a mod for a game that's been out for 3 years (including all the expansions), so there is some elitism ...

8. civdasv

civdasv Chieftain

I would like to change soy setting for a more rapid spy to steal technology, how can I do ? . For me , at this stage, spy is useless. Many thanks.

9. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Chieftain

Try fiddling around the files in your mods folders