1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - September 12th (9/12)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Hey all,

New version inbound. Lots of good 'behind the scenes' changes here, especially for the naval AI. Prepare to get invaded! Also, a really cool new espionage element for spies (great work heists!) to give spies a bit more agency (ha) aside from tech/diplomacy interaction.

Not savegame compatible. Online as of 1:15am EST.

Link: 9-12 Vox Populi Auto-Installer

Cheers,
    Gazebo

2. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

Yes. Give it to me now.

I mean, yay! I've been waiting patiently. :D

3. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

Thank you, Gazebo! Looking forward to trying this... well... now!

Cheers, and looking forward to being annoyed by my great works being stolen by England :p

- E

4. kiwimaster

kiwimaster Chieftain

Whoa, the new spy thing sounds pretty cool.

5. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I started my first game on this patch and this was what I got.:mad:

Processing of the city states turn was very long. Has anyone else noticed that or is it just problem on my end.

Attached Files:

6. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

In a recent post on Wondrous Nature, you mentioned that it would be available in the next patch. Is it available now, and just not noted here? If so, are they part of the game or will I need to download the original mod too?

The GW stealing seems like a great addition. If I get to 90% completion on the heist in Birmingham and Elizabeth moves her Mephistopheles to Liverpool, will I be able to steal a different GW instead, or has that heist failed. If 5 turns later she returns it to Birmingham, will my 90% completion still count? Or will my spy have to start the heist again from scratch?

Basically, does moving GWs around stop this new feature?

7. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Just saw a turn 38 (standard speed) DoW! I get the feeling there will be less 'passive AI' comments on this version...

8. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I notice that I cannot liberate or puppet cities I conquer -- only immediately annex. Anyone else getting this?

9. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Great ideas and changes, liking everything, esp the Ottoman thing being 20% (so worse than 25% to production so it will never become "broken" or superior, but is still rewarding enough and speeds you up)

Will try new Dough out.

Haha, don't worry about this

She will just assassinate all your GPs before even a single one is born while simultaneously removing half of your gold and a third of your science.

10. JungleBucks

JungleBucks Warlord

Good stuff! Good, good stuff. The changes to the Dojo sound interesting, and the new addition to America's UA sounds pretty strong early game, and ties in well with the ability of the minute man mid game. I'm a bit on the border for the change to Russia, but you're going to naturally expand more than you're going to buy tiles, so it's probably for the best.

11. Myrrdin_Emrys

Myrrdin_Emrys Warlord

Does the order policy that increase tech steal rate (at double speed) increase the GW steal too ?
    Or should we add in close future in freedom/autocracy something that makes spies steal GW more often ?

12. Barak

Barak Emperor

I am a little disappointed in spy defense. My potential always seems so high in past games and building constabularies and parking agents in my cities (mostly capital) doesn't seem to stop anyone from stealing or sabotaging.

Yet at the same time my spies in low potential (under 6) AI cities do nothing. Am I doing something wrong? And now that the AI can steal my art as well?

In all truth this is from the last version not from the 9/12 version.

Sorry for the rant. All in all VP is a fantastic challange as the AI is so much improved from vanilla CiV

13. matlajs

matlajs King

would be cool make def spies able counter-kill spies in advanced actions, or at least make it optional to player be able pick what advanced action he want( i dont know if its possible, so dont judge me harshly as u ever do), bcoz its annoying when almost already born GP is killed by 3 diferent spies who ,,unfortunetely?'' for me sabotaged GP points while my spy steal 80 gold when i have 250 GPT income. im rly deciding turn espionage off next game as this mechanic absolutely doesnt fit spirit of this game, which is made by decisions and consequences- this one cannot be affected by any way. in renaisance i get two spies, one i send to capital and he do literaly nothing. im waiting for next one when he lvl up(i hope so), if he gets killed after 60 turns of waiting, than i will be espionage free. but i feel so even now.

14. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

Hello Gazebo; thanks for the update. Does it include the natural wonder expansion that you'ld talked about on the Wondrous Nature thread?

15. Gazebo

Wondrous Nature DLL and Lua code included yes.

Spies do not target specific GWs but rather a pool of them. If all are removed from a pool targeting will stop, but generally limited GW slots prevents this.

16. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

There is one religious building (mandir?) that makes it impossible to murder your great people. So there is your way to counter. I sometimes pick that one in games where I intend to go heavy on great people.

17. Iamblichos

Iamblichos Prince

The code is there to for it to be used. The CP does not include the mod, and you will also need to wait until the author updates his mod. If you know how to mod yourself, you'll just need to delete his lua's and his DLL, if you want to use it now.

18. matlajs

matlajs King

ok thats your way, and way for the others? or for you when u dont manage get that? should i play only venice for their UB? thats poor. i respect that you are satisfied with this stuff, but im not. no need to say in every post that its just small fly on beautifull gem, but for me it is. i like have it advanced than in vanilla, however i dont like way how to counter it, which is practicaly none,except mandir or playing venice.

anyway, i have question about new UI changes. is it intentional that scroll menu with science screen,GP progress overview etc from left corner dissapeared? if so, can anyone tell me where to find it now?

Attached Files:

19. Gazebo

That's already how it works re: defensive spies v. advanced actions.

Spy defense is ultimately down to random chance. You can load the dice, but the RNG is still RNG.

No, it does not. I'm considering adding a GW-related one, depending on how people feel about the new spy element.

G

20. matlajs

matlajs King

works since this version?

and btw about that aircrafts problem i always thought, they dont build them just because landships are earlier and they spend all the oil on them.