New Version - September 27th (9-27)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

And I cant imagine this game without World Congress Reformation mod, I tried to disable it, but then all becomes so boring after Industrial era...
    And I want more standard balanced events I am very disappointing that some people disable event system. It is so bad, that there is a button witch allows disable them, but it is a life...

2. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

Sorry i dont like even more micromanage to repair my farms and mines

vyyt likes this.
  3. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Its when my worker finishes his very first farm or mine, and it immediately goes up in flames that really gets me

4. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

The event system mostly force you to have (at least) half of your worker in automated mode.

5. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Playing 9-27 with Egypt.
    Worker on tobacco or pepper tiles doesn't allow me to build plantation dispate Calendar.
    Anyone else see that?

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It is there, simply didn’t copy and paste the note. I’ll do it later.

thunderbird_14 likes this.
  7. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

Good changes, except the Celts. I think they've gotten too much, they were very far from the worst civ in the game. Even AI performance wise they weren't bad or at least not Spain/new Japan tier bad, usually just middle of the pack. Ceilidh was still very good after changes, Pict is still top tier, pantheons are superior, so I'd reckon 3 Faith would be more than enough to make them better, let alone with all those new bonuses.

By the way, does non-founding AI know that if Celts spread their religion to them, they should be trying to get rid of it and spread stuff from another religion (if a city gets influenced) with missionaries so they get a pantheon's bonuses, or will they allow themselves to get inferior stuff, maybe even spreading it to their cities themselves if it gets dominant? I really don't envy AI Isabella who rarely founds if Celts spread their religion to her - as soon as they send one or two missionaries first, she will be forced to keep the religion as the one who gets dominant first is always the one you're forced to convert everything to as Spain unless you found yourself, not able of getting rid of it.

8. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

I've never seen the Celts AI spread their religion.

Thanks for the new version! I've been pretty content with the last version, but always down for a new play-through.

9. Workerspam

Workerspam Prince

Seems more situational than you propose. There are plenty of pantheons that will do next to nothing for non founding civs (i.e. Spirit of the Desert when you have no desert). If the remaining beliefs are beneficial the Celtic faith may be the faith worth spreading after all. As long as AI civs can factor in that they won't benefit from the pantheon when (if?) they do their calculations then it doesn't look like it should be an issue.

10. Gazebo

The celts don’t spread.

In any case, keep in mind that a few weeks ago the Celtic pantheons were brought back in line, such that they’re all of relative strength (thus less exploitable than before). They needed a small buff.

G

11. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

That's a good point actually, especially if they're torn between German religion with useless pantheon and stuff like Veneration and Church vs Celtic Diligence + Inspiration.

Ah, in that case it should not be an issue. but can't the player abuse it anyway?

12. Gazebo

If you want, yeah - it is possible but it is going to be hard to keep since your cities don’t create any pressure.

13. De_Genius

De_Genius Warlord

Should it not be "Cities with your Religion do not generate nor receive foreign Religious Pressure" ?
    I assume it means that the Celtic cities with own religion do not generate foreign RP nor receive it ?

14. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Wanted to ask the same, do foreign cities with celtic religion generate pressure as before?

15. matlajs

matlajs King

what we exactly got instead of ,,fewer cities'' modifier for tourism game? just before few minutes,i have lost my Brazil peacefull game to Harald, who has completed spaceship and only one i needed to influence was Bismarck. TBH, todays cultural games(at least peacefull one) are bothering. There are simply too many negative and huge modifiers for late game. I could live with travel ban, but another -50% for diferent ideology and into adition Cold war, so no boost from TR are impossible to play with. I couldnt affect him even with non stop bombardment of musicians. I have had rising influence even to harald, who in the end builded great firewall. Into adition nowdays, when AI DoW you just because you ugly look at them( which i like much more than before), that is very hard even finish some trade routes to gain tourism bomb. And some side note, i think late game techs deserve cost increase. Untill atomic era it takes even days(real ones), late game is a matter of few hours. There is simply too much yields. I mean, it looks good to have some yields from spies etc etc, but those techs are researched in 6 turns max.

edit: i have played this game under 9/7 version, so that modifier for less cities was still there. i can't imagine even touch a victory condition w/o it.

Owlbebach likes this.
  16. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

I think what he means is that you won't have any passive resistance to active conversion.

17. Gazebo

If you only had one civ left, why didn't you send great musicians? Sounds like perfect balance to me. Losing is part of the game, man.

G

18. Gazebo

19. GodDamnItAlexander

GodDamnItAlexander Warlord

I'm not asking that all people play on one group of settings.
    Nor am I asking to kill everything that makes the game customizable. Being able to play Civ VP on a huge array of different settings is one of its greatest strengths.

I'm asking that the weight of most balance issues will be heaviest on a certain group of settings.

20. Gazebo

I'm sorry, but you're being very pedantic about this. Just accept that the standard is random maps generally on standard speed?

G

vyyt likes this.