New Version - September 27th (9-27)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 27, 2017.

1. SLGray

SLGray King

Are you sure that it is not 5/8?

2. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Monopolies require 50% only

Gazebo changed it so that the first person to acquire 50% gets the monopoly, limiting the monopoly to who gets it first only.

I'm not sure why it's not working on that case. Perhaps it's some coding bug where CS can gain monopoly on the non-mercantile luxes

3. SLGray

SLGray King

Gazebo posted 51%

51% x 8 = 4.08

Question: What resource do you have in game that only appears 8 times in the whole world?

4. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Wow, teach me how to get .08 of a luxury resource!

5. SLGray

SLGray King

I believe it should say majority which is half plus one.

half of 8 is 4
    plus 1
    which will be 5

100 - 51
    60 - 31
    20 - 11
    10 - 6

6. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
  7. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Maybe this problem caused because of floating point error? Computers don't know about base 10 numbers...

8. vuko

vuko Chieftain

Hey @Gazebo . Info about the multiplayer fix. Played yesterday with one friend. Planet simulator, large, 10civs, 24 city states, no events, enabled human vassalage, enabled tech brokering and science agreements and transparent diplomacy.

We had desync loading screens about every 3-4 turns. So nothing different there since the last 2-3 patches. We did notice that the loading screen was a bit faster than before. I dont know if it was because we had a biased look or was it really faster then before.

Feel free to ask if you need any additional info.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  9. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

Did you try to disable barbarians? I saw a number of posts saying disabling barbarians helps a lot. If you don't mind to do that, try it.

10. vuko

vuko Chieftain

I saw that also but have never tried it. Feels just strange without barbarians.

11. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Hey @Gazebo is it possible to make Authority opener give +1 :c5culture: per city if Barbarians are disabled? Currently it messes with balance quite a bit.

CrazyG and tu_79 like this.
  12. LukaSlovenia29

LukaSlovenia29 Emperor

In my current game, I didn't found and my cities have been converted. However, I'm not seeing a positive diplo modifier with that Founder (the kind that appears where you convert another civ to your religion). Is that intended?

Also, I still can't figure out how non-founding AIs decide to use their faith/religious units. In one game, Sejong (a non-founder) built Hagia Sophia and used the free Great Prophet to spread that religion to Poland (which as a non-founder was already converted to my religion), specifically its capital. Why on Earth would it do that? Why invest in risky building of Hagia Sophia as a non-founder (that I can somewhat understand), and why then use the GP to spread abroad instead of planting a holy site?

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Currently monopolies definently occur at exactly 50% (I have 4 out of 8 amber in my current game), rather than 51+%. It used to be 51+%, and I'm not sure when it was changed, but I personally liked the true majority much more. Resources that give really powerful early boosts, like incense or amber, are already so great to start on, this makes them even better

14. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

That's an oversight on my end, then, as it should definitely be 26%/51% for strategic/global monopolies.

G

15. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

"And what if two players have the same percentage of a resource? Say, both have 80%. Who will get the monopoly then?", Sundance Kid.
    "The first one to get there.", G.

This is why we thought 50% was enough for the monopoly... first to get there.

16. randomnub

randomnub Prince

Glad it took only 1 page, 2 screenshots, random spam and another player confirmation to trust my report. In meanwhile, stuff I reported on github has been marked as fixed but is still bugged. /s

17. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Will it be enough to have only 25.1% of resource to get monopoly? For example: 200 iron total, u have 51. Will it be enough to get strategic monopoly?

18. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

What's with the attitude?

19. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

Guess he thought devs were ignoring his problem. Dwelving into the code it's hard, so we have reason to be sure the issue exists, but it can be exasperating if people don't trust what you are saying. We all have those days.

Aldebaran1997 likes this.
  20. randomnub

randomnub Prince

It's alright I chilled out. In future I'll just ignore the ''are you sure?'' sort of replies (yes I'm sure) and let the fix run its course. I still get the linked GUI bug anyway.