Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound.

General

• Smaller bugfixes and whatnot from github
  • AI improvements and adjustments, especially settling and naval ops

General Balance
  • Bonuses from golden ages now happen whether or not a golden age is already active. 'Chaining' golden ages now equally as useful as stacking them
  • Late-game costs for unit purchases incremented somewhat - upgrade costs decremented as well
  • Global Monopolies are now limited to the highest % monopolist - no chance for 2+ players both receiving the bonuses for being over 50%
    • This is a buff to policies or buildings that can push you over the 100% mark for monopoly control, and is a buff for...the Dutch (see below)
  • Flipping ideologies now loses you any NWs or WWs enabled by that policy branch/tenets in that branch.
    • This doesn't get rid of 'free' stuff (like hospitals), but the Statue of Liberty will be torn down if you abandon freedom.
Policies

• Industry
    • Division of Labor - now +5% production and gold per factory/workshop/windmill/seaport (was flat yields)
    • Mercantilism - +3% culture and science per market/bank/caravansary/customs house/stock exchange (was flat yields)
      • In addition, +100% Production speed of Train Stations and Seaports.
  • Fealty
    • Scaler - removed production
    • Finisher - reduced to +2, but added production
      • Too strong early on - the finisher bonus is fine as +2 production means a lot less 100 turns later
  • Statecraft
    • Exchange Markets - now +2 Happiness
    • Shadow Networks - Constabularies and Police Stations gain +5 Science.
      • Small buffs to make Statecraft a bit more useful for larger empires.
  • Autocracy
    • Iron Fist now 50% Vassal yields (was 100%)
Buildings
  • Caravansary/Burial Tomb - the City's City Connection generates +25%/50% more Gold than normal
    • Buff makes the Caravansary a better building for wide empires, especially those that can grow cities relatively quickly
  • Bank - all Caravansaries and Customs Houses in your empire gain +1 Gold
    • Benefits wide a bit more than before, and rewards players that build these (relatively) niche buildings. Germany and Egypt are happy.
  • Taj Mahal - now 1 GAP per 2 citizens (was 1 per 5)
Civs
  • Arabia - UB faith and science bumped by 1
  • Celts - UB faith and culture bumped by 1; now 15 turns of WLTKD (was 10)
  • Greece - bumped UA CS to 5% per Ally (25% total)
    • Greece underperforms as a warmonger, as the cost of diplomacy can often make armies hard to raise. This should help a bit.
  • Indonesia - removed 'no unhappiness from city connection' from UA
    • Indonesia overperforms, especially early on. Taking away this happiness steroid makes them reliant on their monopolies and expansion for power.
  • Japan - new UA: +1 Science and Faith (typo: is Culture and Faith) from Defense and Military Training Buildings. When a Great Admiral or Great General is born, receive Great Artist, Writer, and Musician Points in your Capital.
    • UB - regains Yields from leveling ability
    • Old UA was creating weird strategies, and scaled poorly at higher difficulties. The Trade Route idea, while interesting on paper, never really came into play (and was usually just frustrating for both sides). New UA is a blend of the prior one and a static buff on some buildings, giving Japan a reliable (small) steroid, a wartime steroid, and an incentive to focus on small, highly-trained armies.
  • Netherlands
    • UA change: now 3/3 Gold/Culture per import AND/OR export, scaling. In addition, can import duplicates of resources they control, and imports count towards resource Monopolies.
    • Netherlands is the worst AI in the game, almost every game. Now, the Netherlands can stay relatively small (as it should!) and import resources from other civs/minors in order to boost their own chances at a resource monopoly.
    • You can also be clever and steal someone else's monopoly this way.
  • Polynesia - no unhappiness from lack of city connection added to UA
    • Polynesia should be able to settle anywhere, anytime, without penalty

Units
  • Adjusted it so that units which grant golden ages do not increment the golden age counter (i.e. they're now 'free' so they don't increase the cost of the next GA

Online as of 11:30pm EST. Not savegame compatible.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!SM9FSAqC!5nypCqvTSmXLCgJR5TNHjzhsVa0-mdQFSCsNoUbm0uE

Cheers,
Gazebo

Last edited:
Appologies for the wait...

CBP Version (2017-9-7 *to* 2017-11-6) Modpacks,
so you can play Multiplayer and/or Quickly Load etc.

This is my catch up post for anyone who would want to possibly use the previous patches,

Links:
***9-7*** https://mega.nz/#!ZPxVgYoR!6IO2a2vbYa4aJUuTLGLHrKsHmFg5qDIUSzjJVyeu4os ***9-7***
***9-17*** https://mega.nz/#!RKhGnKpA!8kjXOsnqEpVuDUsZizbMeMRGgTLTUjqdV1JAdpurNHY ***9-17***
***9-27*** https://mega.nz/#!xCpHSbLB!2B9-dSRnHoO40aJ1UgnXzM2EMAWOwIgyIAelp7Kj3f8 ***9-27***
***10-9*** https://mega.nz/#!JaxUkJqA!DV93__f79FCrrvEVWXfUa1-rR67PefAuqmpt4SZ9GLw ***10-9***
***10-17*** https://mega.nz/#!9awFHKxY!LKWQDGMm1ZghDMci_1ciZNp6lyj4nD-KL4SWoTh3t8c ***10-17***
***11-6*** https://mega.nz/#!dXAXgQDJ!oXNV_bnjt5XmEWXM8H2oPTmsSJF3HtMqO5TkrgP-b2c ***11-6***

Let me know if they work good, I provided a Readme for people who are less experienced with this.

P.S: Will most likely be making my posts in both the "New Version" thread posts and the "DLC Modpack and 43-Civ Version Repository"

I'll try and keep on top of creating and uploading Modpacks as the glorious patches come in.
:)

Cheers,

Last edited:
Gazebo adjusted it slightly, but barely nerfed them like I did.

"Barely nerfed" them, the same as you did?

Or "barely nerfed" them, less than you did?

I played your patch and the quest rewards were significant but not overwhelming

And what if two players have the same percentage of a resource? Say, both have 80%. Who will get the monopoly then?

"Flipping ideologies now loses you any NWs or WWs enabled by that policy branch/tenets in that branch.
  • This doesn't get rid of 'free' stuff (like hospitals), but the Statue of Liberty will be torn down if you abandon freedom."
After a WW is torn down, can someone else build it?

• UB - regains XP from leveling ability
what does this mean ?

also i think +1 culture instead of faith would work better on Japan.

Not sure that this will curb Indonesia, if you pick Progress you want connections regardless for the extra science and food. Their UB which gives +20% culture and gold in every city during WLTKD is the bigger culprit I think, that's +20% social policies compared to other civs and can be built as early as Mathematics. On top of their super-tiles, monopolies and fantastic UU they basically excel at everything from the first turn to the last.

I remember thinking the Netherlands were quite good back when they only got +3 Culture per imports; Exporting means you decide and the amount of culture you can generate is absurd. I still prefer Wide though since it gives you more resources to trade away, especially one you beat down your neighbors. If you're playing standard you only need 5-6 trade partners anyway. Mongolia will be your best friend for those CS monopolies.

Could someone please explain what does this mean exactly?
Imagine you have an ability that say "each time you enter a new golden age, gain X gold".
Imagine you are already on a golden age, and you expand a great artist for more golden age.
Before, you would not gain gold, since you are already in a golden age, so you didn't enter in a new one.
Now, you will gain the X gold, since you used an ability that give you some golden age turns.

All nice stuff.

Banks now remind me of Baths. Extra related yield to related buildings and buffed by the related policy tree. They get built when following that path, and delayed forever when not.

Policy tweaks were expected.

I wanted to try Netherlands next, and now I'm looking forward to it.
I'm glad Japan got rid of their isolationism, though I wasn't expecting to see it as a religious civ. GWAM points on GG/GA sounds like it's just flavour.

Trying new VP update with exactly same mods etc as previous games but City Production Box will not open, so unable to build anything.LUA and XML logs have no messages or remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom