New Version - September 7th (9-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you first click the get mods button, a page will load. Look for the second link. I mean on the left side top. Hover your cursor over it until the drop-down menu appears. Click the subscribed items option.

When you first click the get mods button, a page will load. Look for the second link. I mean on the left side top. Hover your cursor over it until the drop-down menu appears. Click the subscribed items option.
Thanks. I don't use Steam often so it's hard for me to navigate sometimes. What you suggested worked, although now my Corporations screen seems to be messed up. Something similar was happening when I first downloaded Vox Populi due to some duplicate files so I imagine the same thing is going on now.

Am I the only one who has never been able to sucessfully bribe the a.i into declaring war on someone, offering a DoF or starting a defensive pact? The a.i seems incredibly stubborn to the point that these options might as well not even be available for me.

We can be on great terms but they'll always find an excuse to decline my diplomatic offers and then might offer me the exact same thing a turn or two later...

Almost as like a little kid not wanting to turn off the light when his mom tells him to so he turns it off a minute later in a petty showing of rebellion...

If you turn on your transparent diplomacy setting it is more manageable. Basically speaking, diplomatic actions will be much more favorable for two-way party, in this case you and other civ, if you are friendly and moreso, super friendly, with each other. Try to gather as many positive modifier as possible and if they still don't comply with your offer help them in world congress or something even though it will hurt some of your goal. Personally speaking I was able to befriend and made defensive pact with my previous neighbor of Carthage and quite-distant Denmark. Most of the times because we were at war with the same target and I put quite a high of priority in army strength.

Speaking of defensive pact, in my last game I was in plenty of situations when defensive pact somehow did not fulfill its 50 turns agreement. We were in declaration of friendship and did not waged war with each other but somehow the defensive pact ends early and WITHOUT notifications. Does anyone else experienced this kind of situation?

Speaking of defensive pact, in my last game I was in plenty of situations when defensive pact somehow did not fulfill its 50 turns agreement. We were in declaration of friendship and did not waged war with each other but somehow the defensive pact ends early and WITHOUT notifications. Does anyone else experienced this kind of situation?

All the time. It's been brought up quite a bit recently, one way or another. Why it happens has yet to be addressed.

Don't see a github on it.

G
I've seen this too, problem is that it is really hard to track. Sometimes it just happens. Someone declares war on you, and you clearly know that you had a DP but your ally didn't join the war. There is so many messages every turn so you never read all of them, and nobody checks DP icon every turn

Ive had the same issue with defensive pacts. I thought it was because it was a city-state that declared war on me or because I declared war on someone that they backed out of it or something...hard to explain but its probably not functioning properly.

If you turn on your transparent diplomacy setting it is more manageable. Basically speaking, diplomatic actions will be much more favorable for two-way party, in this case you and other civ, if you are friendly and moreso, super friendly, with each other. Try to gather as many positive modifier as possible and if they still don't comply with your offer help them in world congress or something even though it will hurt some of your goal. Personally speaking I was able to befriend and made defensive pact with my previous neighbor of Carthage and quite-distant Denmark. Most of the times because we were at war with the same target and I put quite a high of priority in army strength.

Have you yet been successful in convincing the a.i to go to war on another civ? Does transparent diplomacy aid in this?

Yes, that was fun though. I believe you need to have pretty high diplomatic relationship to make your war proposal looks interesting for AI. Any war-related proposal. Transparency helps somehow to know the value of that positive behavior. Have you encountered a game where some AI (not locked in one civ in particular) are having that green "friendly" attitude towards you but somehow when you want to sell something to them like even just one iron they value it too low or they value their one iron unbelievably too high? That's when I call their bluff. "Pfft yeah right, friendly.."

Yes, that was fun though. I believe you need to have pretty high diplomatic relationship to make your war proposal looks interesting for AI. Any war-related proposal. Transparency helps somehow to know the value of that positive behavior. Have you encountered a game where some AI (not locked in one civ in particular) are having that green "friendly" attitude towards you but somehow when you want to sell something to them like even just one iron they value it too low or they value their one iron unbelievably too high? That's when I call their bluff. "Pfft yeah right, friendly.."
No the a.i rarely reject my trade proposals if green. Mainly when guarded/neutral or hostile. I have noticed that they'll inflate the value of a luxury resource if obtaining it would grAnt a "we love the king day" which makes sense to me...supply and demand and such

Regarding the Defensive Pact nullification: I've noticed that DP's get nulled when the owner of a DP declares war. No idea if this is intended or not.

Regarding the Defensive Pact nullification: I've noticed that DP's get nulled when the owner of a DP declares war. No idea if this is intended or not.

Intended. If you ever DOW with a DP it annuls your DP. But only if vs a major civ.

G

Sorry, I need to clarify.

If I am currently in DP with civ A and then civ A declares war on civ B my DP with civ A got annulled? If in the next turn I offer another DP to civ A and got accepted and in the next turn civ A declares war on civ C, my DP with civ A got annulled again?

Sorry, I need to clarify.

If I am currently in DP with civ A and then civ A declares war on civ B my DP with civ A got annulled? If in the next turn I offer another DP to civ A and got accepted and in the next turn civ A declares war on civ C, my DP with civ A got annulled again?

Yes. Aggression ends any DP you currently have with anyone else.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom