1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - September 7th (9-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. myles718

myles718 Chieftain

Have just gone through all mods used and found I had mistakenly enabled Emigration Mod . Turning this off, City Production Box was available again

2. Raz0r0x

Raz0r0x Chieftain

I don't know if its just my combination of mods or what, but the Japanese UA states 1 science 1 faith for each def/xp building, but in game these buildings produce culture and faith. Anyone else getting this?

3. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

There were a couple of threads recently where people thought Industry was too weak because it didn't have any unique benefits like Imperialism and Rationalism do. Not everybody agreed with that opinion, though, and if Industry starts to overperform then I'm sure we'll see a nerf in the future.

4. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

I get them as well, and im only using VP, so its not other mods interfering.
    As Japan is not a religious Civ, I personally think that these buildings should give :c5culture: and :c5science:

5. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

:confused::confused:

6. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

I just think it doesnt suit them :sad:
    or rather culture suits them better

7. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Statecraft buff is barely noticeable. I never built police stations and i usually have only one constabulary in my capital, though i'm okay with it

8. tu_79

tu_79 Deity

But it wasn't about Industry underperforming, just about it being boring, not unique enough. I think the real buff goes to gold and trade buildings, that were underused, too niche.
    Industry has changed flat +2 culture bonus for a variable +3%. Meaning. If we don't have a decent culture generation in the city it won't do much for us, but cities with good culture output may perform quite a lot better, specially late game. Translation. Balance moved a bit towards tall in Industrialism.

9. Chandler

Chandler Warlord

Not sure if I have installed the mod correctly (I've been playing with those modpacks for months), but there seems to be some weird bugs around. Many things appear twice: UB of Spain, Denmark, Korea and Mongols; the gold upgrade from Embassies appears twice; some promotions, such asTreasure Hunter, appear twice; Corporations, Events Overview and Vassal Overview "buttons" appear twice. Also, the description of every civ and building remains unchanged (don't know if it has actually changed), although policy descriptions do have changed.

Could it be because I also have a modpack (8-16) in the DLC folder?

10. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

Of course!

11. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

The first one to get there.

Yes.

Typo on my part. Culture and faith is correct.

Dojo is also yields from leveling, not xp. Sleep typo. :)

G

Beniito and Sundance Kid like this.
  12. Gothic_Empire

Gothic_Empire AKA, Ramen Empire

I'm trying a new Japan game. I like their synergy with the Defensive Buildings pantheon. A lot.

I'm also really impressed at how quickly the AI gobbled up the good early spots and punished me for rushing my defensive structures instead of rushing settlers.

13. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

At a first glance Industry seems quite OP with all those percentages than Rationalism but overcompensate with tons of Gold and Production, but maybe I'm wrong. Fealty on the other hand seems overnerfed, its scaler is now outright worse than Aesthetics as it provides worse yields. I think old Piety was better than how Fealty looks currently because it had that good, overcompensating market/caravansary/harbour policy which I loved taking. It took longer to ball, but it did ball hard once you finished it.
    Also with Japan getting GWAM's back, does Dojo get the music slot back as well? Does France still keep its GWAMs or did it lose them to avoid France and Japan looking too similar? France after last buffs was way too strong anyway so it could've lost them easily.

A shame no buildings (like Temples?) got +1 Culture after Scientits lost it, now the Culture play is considerably slower than before two patches ago.

14. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

didn't dojo have a great work of art slot ?

15. Gazebo

The Dojo did not get the slot back, no. I'm monitoring it, as I want to make sure Japan isn't too synergistic and thus OP.

Fealty still has a lot going for it. Definitely stronger than previous Piety.

Industry is now a little better for tall empires than the other industrial branches, thus complimenting the policy branch system we've created:

Tradition, Statecraft, Industry -> 'taller' branches
    Progress, Artistry, Rationalism -> 'thicker' branches
    Authority, Fealty, Imperialism -> 'wider' branches

France keeps the GWAMs - they spawn for different reasons, and they're both culture/war hybrid civs, so I don't see the problem. Besides, they build very different armies, and have different goals - Japan is much more defensive, whereas France is much more offensive.

G

16. Beniito

Beniito Warlord

I didn't like Japan's "level up to gain :c5culture: and :c5science:", as it forced you to wage wars if u want to put your UA to use...
    and basically it was op if you only had one pathfinder/scout and if you put it on auto explore in the beginning of the game you gained huge boosts to culture and science without having to do anything, but other than that it was pretty much useless even in mid game.
    excited to try this new UA :)

btw does getting GA and GG through free great person, wonders and events also trigger the bonus ?

17. Gazebo

18. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I don't see it, but I was a fan of how it was previously. It always seemed very strong for me before the change to Fealty, but then it's no surprise as I cannot resist settling unclaimed lands. Still, as it is Piety got earlier access to monasteries, +10% Food per city, faster built armories/castles, hard-to-say culture from happiness (irrelevant) and tiles (major), +6 food/gold per city in scaler and strong WLTKD bonuses, which is nice.

But compared to July 18th Piety which people thought weak, it also loses out on 2 of all yields in the finisher, free artist, GA bonuses, stronger capital/holy city trade routes, a huge 6/9 science 6/9 production per city, 1F 2C from temple, 20% Gold, GA bonuses. They're sidegrades I guess, though I'd argue the sheer power of the former market/caravansary/harbour policy makes Fealty way inferior. Fealty might start doing things and being relevant instantly, but it took only three policy picks to make Piety great.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    ElliotS likes this.
  19. Gazebo

You get monasteries way earlier with Fealty, and it is actually viable for civs that didn't found a religion (or aren't heavily spreading their religion).

G

20. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I'd rather get monasteries a bit later than lose out on Syncretism's huge science and production myself. Market turned into a Production-focused monastery, same with Caravansary and Harbour. It was huge even at 3/2 and a must-have-ASAP on that version. But yeah, it was bad that nothing in the tree worked without a religion.