1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - September 7th (9-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

If you didn't found, you likely have a pile of faith sitting around. Getting monasteries in the early-medieval period is much more useful than 80 turns later (as before). You can also eschew the follower buildings as a founder and use monasteries as your stand-in. Either way, we needed an early medieval faith sink.

G

Emufarmers and Owlbebach like this.
  2. Emufarmers

Emufarmers Chieftain

Do they also get destroyed if a civ with a different ideology (or no ideology) captures the city?

:c5happy::c5happy::c5happy:

Skidizzle likes this.
  3. Enrico Swagolo

Enrico Swagolo Deity

I'm not arguing getting Monasteries earlier is worthless though, it's useful. I've mentioned it as one of the upsides of Fealty. It makes way more sense to have them there rather than stuck at the end, I agree too, but this is not anywhere near as useful as super markets/caravansaries/harbour with tons of production, though, especially since you get the Monasteries later anyway. That's why last iteration of Piety was way stronger than what Fealty is now, especially since Production is king and you got at least 6P/6S instantly after your third policy, and this is what I was arguing.

ElliotS and Bromar1 like this.
  4. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

The early monasteries are really nice and really synergize well with progress and to a lesser extent tradition.

However, removing production from the scaler seems a bit too much of a nerf. Fealty already gives +10% food from castles, it needs production more than food.

Also, I'm still not convinced that the Statecraft changes will help with wide. Flat yields per city or happiness on chanceries is gonna help with happiness much more than 2 happiness per trade routes.

City state luxuries aren't always gonna be helpful (I often find that CS have the same luxuries as I do, unless they are mercantile of course). Trade routes can be contentious, as a random barbarian trolling around can just f**k up your happiness, gpt, and spawn more barbarians all in one fell swoop.

What about increasing the chancery per ally bonus for Statecraft? Like instead of +1gold/+2prod per friend/ally it could be +2/+4 ? Or maybe different yields? Chancery/wire service are THE diplomatic buildings but they get no love in the tree. Seems like a natural fit to me

5. Gazebo

Balancing the tree without making it rely on CSD is important. That's why it is more about votes, quests, and spies. I'm keeping it that way.

G

6. Gazebo

I appreciate the feedback, but test it before you make pronouncements. When you compare the branch to the other medieval branches, it is now right in line.

G

7. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

Indonesia - removed 'no unhappiness from city connection' from UA
    • Indonesia overperforms, especially early on. Taking away this happiness steroid makes them reliant on their monopolies and expansion for power
    If you're gonna nerf Indonesia, you should at least add the +2 gold to oasis (that regular garden receives) to Candi.

8. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

already fixed.

Gazebo likes this.
  9. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

Progress - Fealty - Industry Songhai looks like a joke on paper. All that production, you're going to be cranking out buildings and paying for units with zero issue. Can't wait to try it out.

10. lunker

lunker Warlord

I will miss the uniqueness of of old Japan UA, but am in full agreement over its removal.

11. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Fealty lost tons of production

12. Y.O.

Y.O. Warlord

Fealty is not the important part, it's just a supplement. Progress Songhai has the +20% production bonus towards buildings through policy, alongside the +10% bonus from his UB. Industry giving +5% production and gold to buildings like windmills and seaports just allows Askia to snowball easier, and if the terrain is right, he has the potential to get Industry relatively quickly due to Tabaya giving culture on all river tiles. I don't know how it is on higher difficulties, but he's pretty formidable on King, as both the AI and player. And to make up for the fealty nerf, just grab diligence if you secure a religion, and keep it within the empire.

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

Currently Artistry has the best scaler, but some of its policies are pretty bad. Like the culture per world wonders, that is totally irrelevant for bigger empires. The +10% culture during golden ages is pretty weak too.

I think Fealty is pretty balanced now. Generally its policies are really good, so its scaler needs to be less good

Gokudo01 and Gazebo like this.
  14. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Warlord

I agree with CrazyG. Since the rework, Fealty, and to a lesser extent Statecraft, have been my go-to Mediaeval trees. The changes in this patch seem to better balance those two out, but I still find Artistry lacklustre, with the policies being a little bland. The aim of wanting to break the synergy between GPs in Tradition and the old Aesthetics makes me feel that Artistry is just lacking power or direction now.

I'm currently playing a Dutch game and am loving it. I always enjoyed the Netherlands but with the changes to imports and monolpolies and being able to buy multiples is just awesome. I've always thought inter-Empire trading has been an area that is ripe for all different kinds of new interactions and tactics and the new Netherlands changes have moved that in the right direction. I'm only in the Renaissance and normally I get bored at this point, but the constant trading and desire to get more monopolies really makes it feel like a trading powerhouse.

15. matlajs

matlajs King

just offtopic question. when i want play with modpack but without EUI, is it fine just remove EUi folder from dlc folder?

16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Less than I did. I heavily punished the reward system to allow less passive rewards and more active rewards. Nevertheless, I'll readjust them accordingly in the next upcoming patch.

17. Txurce

Txurce Deity

I'm having the same experience playing one of my favorite civs. They're not just stronger -- they're interesting, in the same way that China (for example) is.

I also like the elimination of the SoL exploit.

18. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

What was the SoL exploit?

19. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Go Freedom, build the SoL (not to mention free hospitals), then go Order. Switching can still be exploited (2 free techs with Order, for example), but 5 turns of anarchy makes the ROI less appealing

20. DesertFox20591

DesertFox20591 Chieftain

it was crazy man

Beniito likes this.