New Version - September 7th (9-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gazebo, what's your procedure for testing AI for balance? What map settings and difficulty levels do you test on? Do you watch the entire AI game, or do you just check in at certain points, and if so, what are they? How many games do you run before you can be confident that there is or isn't a balance problem? I'd like to do some testing on my compatibility mods, so any tips would be appreciated.

I don't know how to feel about industry being the 'tall' tree of the industrial age. Most of the discussion I've seen put it as 'thick'.

I thought rationalism would be better since much of it is dependent on happiness.

I know the percentage bonuses are better for tall, but to don't know if that puts it above rationalism.

just offtopic question. when i want play with modpack but without EUI, is it fine just remove EUi folder from dlc folder?
Are you using the auto installer? If yes, install it again and pick one of the option without EUI.'

Nevermind, I misread your post.

Last edited:
I was just wondering where does it let you heal after promoting? I thought it was a CP feature and was surprised to learn it was a CBO feature instead.

I was just wondering where does it let you heal after promoting? I thought it was a CP feature and was surprised to learn it was a CBO feature instead.
It should be in the default game. Do you mean that after you won a battle and get a promotion that you could not heal your wounds?

Came back to this mod after a decent break and end up finding stone on the Rock of Gibraltar...unfortunately no other stone in range to build a stone works.

Are you using the auto installer? If yes, install it again and pick one of the option without EUI.'

I want play some up to date modpack without EUI. only Gazebo's is one without it, but that is some March version. we already began play with that, but i like new policies and rebalance from august versions more. i will try to do it myself tomorrow :)

Guys does Industry tree works? I take Division of Labor and see nothing...
Ah, it is a very very small bug, as I see. going GitHub...

Ok, posted this bug. It is really present, but it is small and only 1 min need to fix )

Last edited:
And can someone explain. I find the fix in unofficial patch, but I was thinking that it is for version from 23 aug. Or I just don't need to disable it every new version? Just keep it enabled always?
Those 2 version of Vox make me sad, don't know what to do.

EUI has nothing to do with those features. They are part of CBO.

I downloaded hellblazers 8/23 version with EUI, and copy it without Uibc1 folder to see, what happen. Some errors about missing parts poped in loading, and after it was without UI at all.

And can someone explain. I find the fix in unofficial patch, but I was thinking that it is for version from 23 aug. Or I just don't need to disable it every new version? Just keep it enabled always?
You disable it every version unless an update was made to the unofficial patch that corresponds with the correct version. You can't use the unofficial patch with the September 7th Update for now.

AI is still building undefendable and useless cities on 1-tile islands on other side of the world. Wasn't that fixed in one of the releases some time ago? By 1400-1500 AD there isn't any place on standard map to put a city. This also puts a lot of question into building like Ostrog.

I'm experiencing 2 issues in game which I don't suspect are bugs but rather suboptimal configuration on my side; perhaps someone could help.

The mausoleum of haulicar... Isn't giving the 100 gold bonus when I use a great person and I'm not getting a free settler in the progress branch as it says although I have read that progress no longer grants a settler so I guess the text is messed up here. Anyone know whats going on?

AI is still building undefendable and useless cities on 1-tile islands on other side of the world. Wasn't that fixed in one of the releases some time ago? By 1400-1500 AD there isn't any place on standard map to put a city. This also puts a lot of question into building like Ostrog.
Could it be that you're playing with more civs than are recommended for the map size?

I know that the map was extremely cramped (large 14 civ 22 city-states) when I used6 even a little extra leaders

I've been playing the new version and all in all seems very good!

Two notes thus far:
- the event where you can select a chance of gaining 1000 gold seems too strong (I had it in a classical era).
- playing as the Celts, I think my cities ARE generating religious pressure for my founded religion - am I missing something or is that in contradiction with the UA text?

Guys does Industry tree works? I take Division of Labor and see nothing...
Ah, it is a very very small bug, as I see. going GitHub...

Ok, posted this bug. It is really present, but it is small and only 1 min need to fix )

Thanks, bigcat. Bad merge from beta into master (I manually merge in order to make sure I don't miss anything in the patch notes, and simply mis-merged the commerce.sql file- good catch).

You disable it every version unless an update was made to the unofficial patch that corresponds with the correct version. You can't use the unofficial patch with the September 7th Update for now.

This is why, @Enginseer, I really think it is a bad idea to do an 'unofficial' patch. We don't need it. An updated version every 2 weeks or so is plenty fast. If you feel strongly about this, call it anything else, but don't call it a patch, as that's very confusing.

AI aberrations in a single instance do not qualify as a bug. Besides, 1-tile islands are not intrinsically worthless.

I'm experiencing 2 issues in game which I don't suspect are bugs but rather suboptimal configuration on my side; perhaps someone could help.

The mausoleum of haulicar... Isn't giving the 100 gold bonus when I use a great person and I'm not getting a free settler in the progress branch as it says although I have read that progress no longer grants a settler so I guess the text is messed up here. Anyone know whats going on?

Text issue - change your native language.

I've been playing the new version and all in all seems very good!

Two notes thus far:
- the event where you can select a chance of gaining 1000 gold seems too strong (I had it in a classical era).
- playing as the Celts, I think my cities ARE generating religious pressure for my founded religion - am I missing something or is that in contradiction with the UA text?

Celts get pressure from your own religion, but not from other religions (and vice-versa).

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom