1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - September 7th (9-7)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Txurce

Txurce Deity

Good to know, although culture/tourism are affecting you regardless when you are in the late game (technological levels). I don't know if the breakdown is available, but length of war seems to be the overwhelming factor.

2. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

In my most recent Prince game, playing as Germany, random map (ended up being continents I reckon) the AI would take terrible war bribes against me.

One of such was Ghandi (in the other continent mind, had only met us not long ago) bribed Morocco to go to war with me even though they (Morocco) had been my friends for ages, they even gave me gifts, were trade partners and even went to war together on Napoleon at one point.

Of course I was so mad at them I completely crushed them out of spite, but my point is they ¿shouldn't? have taken that deal.

EDIT: Standard speed, no other mods.

Bromar1 likes this.
  3. Txurce

Txurce Deity

It sounds like you were way ahead. If so, Morocco would be looking for an opportunity to stop you -- friend or no friend. A bribe may be all the push they needed. They got wiped out... but is that any worse than losing to you some other way? And if the other AI had joined them (which they do sometimes), then they may have been able to stop you.

And if not, they died trying!

4. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Sounds reasonable as well, but the game was pretty tight in scores at least.

It just seemed out of character for them, at the time of the war the Inca (same continent as India, not us) were the #1 civ by a lot of points, and had a reasonable tech advantage on the rest of us.

EDIT: we were around the lancer tech era

5. MrFestis

MrFestis Chieftain

When starting up a game with my custom modpack including Vox populi and some QoL mods, when going into the monopolies screen I can´t see how many copies of all monopoly resorces there are in the world (when hovering over the percentages under the monopoly column). Am I unaware of a change that was made, or is it a bug? The last version of VP I used was one from July, this one is the Sept 9th version.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  6. neo_arcadia

neo_arcadia Warlord

This is new. Now only one player can acquire monopoly status. Previously, as long as you can control more than 50% of world's amount many player can own monopoly. Now, only the highest player with % can own monopoly status. Along that line, you can only view percentage if you have acquired (aka construct mine in amber for example) at least one tile.

7. MrFestis

MrFestis Chieftain

I can´t seem to understand how more than one civ could ever have more than 50% of a particular resource (except for the apparent Dutch ability mentioned in the version notes), you know, since logically all tiles with a particular resource would amount to 100% right?

8. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

You have buildings that double a resources, events that gives you a ton of resources like the Dutch's Unique Events from Community Events that gets them essentially a monopoly on a small map or happiness boost on huger maps.

9. MrFestis

MrFestis Chieftain

Despite the change, I don´t get it why the mod makers felt the need to take away the ability to at least be able to see how many tiles of a resource there are on the map, since that affects my decision making when deciding on where I should settle. If I find let's say copper (or any other resource), but I don't know if the whole map has 2 or 8 sources I won't know if to try and connect it or leave it be.

10. Txurce

Txurce Deity

If I understand you correctly, you want a workaround to exploring. If so, that's probably why it doesn't work the way you'd like.

11. MrFestis

MrFestis Chieftain

The only reason I'm mentioning it is because that was possible before this patch and I got used to checking it to see how abundant each resource was.

12. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

It was an unintended exploitation of he UI that the AI didn't have.

G

13. MrFestis

MrFestis Chieftain

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

14. matlajs

matlajs King

Does an Ai cities start with 2-3 citizens? I see this a lot with august version. i mean settled by settler. no matter of policies.

15. Haile Marriam

Haile Marriam Chieftain

Hello All,

Firstly, thank you to everyone who contributed to this version, and the Vox Populi project in general. IMO, Vox Populi elevates Civ 5 to one of the greatest games I've had the pleasure of playing. However, after updating through STEAM to the latest version, I'm noticing that my city display screen are not working properly. In the new update, all city screens (both mine and other civs) only display the production being produced more turn. No food, no gold, science, culture, religion, etc. This lasts the entire game. I'm using the non-EUI version, but I've had no issues with previous versions. Any ideas? Thanks to all.

16. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

Didn't know there was a steam version of VP. (And I'm not surprised that the steam version has problems). I suggest you using the VP auto-installer rather than the steam version.

17. Haile Marriam

Haile Marriam Chieftain

Sorry, I was mistaken. I did use the auto installer initially. I meant to say I updated to the latest version using the in-game mod menu. Maybe I should just uninstall and reinstall with the auto installer?

18. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Unsubscribe from the Community Patch on Steam and run the installer again.

vyyt likes this.
  19. Haile Marriam

Haile Marriam Chieftain

Forgive my ignorance, but can you explain how to do this?

20. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Go back to the Steam Workshop. Find the Community Patch that you subscribed to at some point, then find the same exact subscribe button you once clicked that now says "Subscribed" and click it to unsub.

Edit:
    And the "Your Files" I forgot about on the right side when you first enter lets you unsub too.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    vyyt likes this.