1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

New Victory?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by DevilHell, Feb 29, 2012.

1. DevilHell

DevilHell Chieftain

I don't know if this has been talked about, if it has please give me the link :p because I've been searching and I don't find anything.
    My question is, due that we have another currency (Religion) as if it was another policy tree, is it true there will be a new victory? Or am I just supposing, or there's a chance that there is but isn't sure?
    Thank you

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

I don't think so. Religion is to control your own people. And if everyone was 'your own people' then you got a domination victory ;)

3. AriochIV

AriochIV Analyst

If there is, there hasn't been any mention of it.

One of the previews described Religion as being a minor element and almost optional, so that doesn't seem likely.

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It would be cool if there was a religious victory for getting all the CSs and civs to adopt you religion, but I don't think it is in G&K. Or if it is they haven't said anything yet.

5. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

That's more likely an achievement (Mass Spreader - Convince the world of your religious right).

or something like that.

6. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

And it would probably give a benefit in other victories (making Diplovictory easier)... although I'd call it "World Religion"

7. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

As long as shared religion != diplomacy override, maybe (Diplo VC being easier).

8. chazzycat

chazzycat Chieftain

They mentioned that the effects of religion peter out towards the last 1/3rd of the game, so I doubt there will be a new victory condition.

9. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

I wish there were more victorise, I'm getting bored with the very few we already have, like capture all capitals... build utopia project/space ship and then buy out all CS :/

10. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Chieftain

I do not think this will happen.

11. DevilHell

DevilHell Chieftain

One thing they said is that the diplovictory would be more challenging now, like they've changed something.. so let's wait.. 5 victory types is a very wide option of winning :p you've just play too much :p
    Thanks for your opinions!!!

12. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

Yeah.... winning 64 times with every possible leader and beaten "most" of the scenarios.. yeap. you got that right.. I need moar flavah! :cry:

13. Olleus

Olleus Chieftain

I think I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago that there was a religious victory, can't find the article now...