New wonder video: Casa de Contratación

The Casa de Contratación grants Governor Promotions, extra Production, Faith, and Gold to cities with a Governor, and Great Merchant Points per turn.
Great stuff! No surprise though. Don't like the sounds used in the music though, hopefully not final.

Does it say anywhere how big the bonuses are? A 5%, similar to Hwarang would be pretty underwhelming.

Does it say anywhere how big the bonuses are? A 5%, similar to Hwarang would be pretty underwhelming.

None of these tweets have had specific numbers, probably due to the potential that they could change in balancing.

Must have for tall empires it seems.

So, another wonder from around the Renaissance? I think we're pretty well-served in this area.

The ancient and classical eras need more wonders, in particular wonders that don't require coastal or desert tiles. Or Qin's UA needs some buffing.

So, another wonder from around the Renaissance? I think we're pretty well-served in this area.

The ancient and classical eras need more wonders, in particular wonders that don't require coastal or desert tiles. Or Qin's UA needs some buffing.

They need to fill out the original "Seven Wonders"

Why that name? The Casa de Contratación was a Spanish agency. The building is called Archivo General de Indias (General Archive of the Indies)

I'm happy to have learned about something I've never heard of before, but the bonuses don't seem to fit what the Casa did, if Wikipedia is accurate. According to Wikipedia the Casa was focused on trade and managing those pieces of it (Contratacion = trade) rather than government administration. Just seems like an odd fit. A more interesting bonus I think would be having it maybe give you X gold per turn based on the # of trade routes ACTIVE IN THE WORLD (to show some kind of spider like control over trade)

nobody noticed that fragment of music at the end of the construction? isn't it one theme for a civ? sounds very byzantine

Top Bottom