[New Wonder with 3d Movie]Magellan Voyage

C.Roland

FFH Art team member
A new wonder, Magellan Voyage.

I just skin the caravel, so you have to edit your CIV4ArtDefines_Building Xml and put the caravel.nif with my dds.

The movie is taken from Sid Meier's Pirates.

Movie prieview(It's slower than in the game, and there's no sound in the preview) :

Attachments

• magellan.jpg
    magellan.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,389
Adding movement to ships with the wonder wouldn't make much sense, because that already happens if you actually circumnavigate the world (that replaced Magellan's Expedition)

Zuul said:
What does the wonder do? Extra movement to ships?

I don't know :) , it's only the art files. You can name the wonder like you want and give it the effect you want. It's for modder who want to add a new wonder.

Amazing work brought together for dedicated modders. Thank you so very much. :)

Robo Magic Man said:
Adding movement to ships with the wonder wouldn't make much sense, because that already happens if you actually circumnavigate the world (that replaced Magellan's Expedition)

How come you can't have both? :p

rifleman said:
Absolutely amazing work. I didn't know it was possible for fans to generate something this good.

I love it Roland! Gonna borrow it for my Sevomod with all due props to the creator. I've finally figured out a way to add a Seafaring trait to the game, and this will be a nice compliment to the ocean theme! (Not sure yet what I'll give it for attributes...)

Roland, Out of curiosity, what format are the wonder movies for Civ IV, how big can they be and how long/how many frames? The reason I ask is that even though I don't have Civ IV, nor do I intend to get it, I'd be willing to help out some with Civ IV modding if Civ IV modders were willing to release some of their models in .3ds format so Civ III creators could use them for Civ III projects. I've got (Civ IV incompatible) models for over a dozen buildings and wonders on my HD, and if I knew how to make wonder movies for Civ IV, I could make and render the animations in a fairly short time and post them here.....

Hikaro Takayama said:
Roland, Out of curiosity, what format are the wonder movies for Civ IV, how big can they be and how long/how many frames? The reason I ask is that even though I don't have Civ IV, nor do I intend to get it, I'd be willing to help out some with Civ IV modding if Civ IV modders were willing to release some of their models in .3ds format so Civ III creators could use them for Civ III projects. I've got (Civ IV incompatible) models for over a dozen buildings and wonders on my HD, and if I knew how to make wonder movies for Civ IV, I could make and render the animations in a fairly short time and post them here.....

Found out that blender posseses the option for export to 3ds and obj fileformat. However this is of no use for me right now cause I'm still struggling with the import of civ3 nifs:mischief:
But as soon I figured that out I'll seriously try exporting the models to that format too, that's promised!
Btw you should clear your messages some time couldn't pm you, Hikaro;)

Do you think this'll work Roland? Would be cool if the civcommunities could profit from each other. Especially wondermovies are rare here!

Don't worry.... Ploeperpengel just PMed me a link to a Video editing tutorial.....

Looks like anything that's a 4:3 ratio (i.e. 320x200, 640x480, 1024x768, etc) and under about 25 sec will work... I'm going to try the Shinra #26 Rocket soon. (basically, it will start zoomed in on the rocket and zoom out slightly as the rocket takes off......)

Top Bottom