New Wonders (06/20/06)

R

Rabbit, White

I decided to take a short break from making units and among other things make some new wonders, or just interesting structures.

CN Tower Download

There's a button in the zip as well and as you can see from the screeny I replaced the Palace with it and it looks good. I can't help you much with XML work though (i.e. how exactly to add it as a new building/wonder but it shouldn't be hard).

White House Download

This one is 799 polygons and comes with the default 128x128 texture, as well as a 256x256 version. If you want to use the 256 texture, then first rename the default texture (white_house.dds) to something else, like white_house_128.dds, and then rename the file white_house_256.dds to white_house.dds. I also provided a button for it, it's in the zip.

Sphinx (07/12/06) Download
Updated on 07/31/06 to include separate versions of sphinx and temple.

I could be mistaken but this is not The Sphinx per se, but rather a combination of Sphinx and Tomb of Isis (unless the tomb actually had a sphinx on top of it, but I didn't see anything showing that). It's based on a model of an Age of Wonders structure, and I'm not sure if it actually existed in reality, but I thought it looked more interesting than the Sphinx in Egypt so I left the whole tomb part. Total polygon count is 547.

By popular demand :) I have updated the file to include the Sphinx only part and the temple/tomb only part. Mostly they use the same textures obviously so it's recommended to keep them in the same folder to save on space. However one thing of note, is that the shadow for the sphinx only version is in a different file (it was too different to keep using the same shadow, as I did for the temple only version :)).

The updated sphinx also marks the first file I've added to the FDB that I actually also uploaded there (up till now I simply pointed out to the attached files), so you will only find it through the download link above.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

• cn_tower.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,384
  • White_House.zip
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,657
Hi Rabbit, White

for my mod, i made Dubai Bay wonder, but i don't have structure...
maybe are you interresting to work on it, i've got pictures if you need graphic model and if you interrested....

contact me by mp
Dubmetender

Glad you liked it Wyz_sub10 :)

Dubmetender said:
Hi Rabbit, White

for my mod, i made Dubai Bay wonder, but i don't have structure...
maybe are you interresting to work on it, i've got pictures if you need graphic model and if you interrested....

contact me by mp
Dubmetender
I'm sorry but I'm not taking requests for structures. I'm just gonna do the few I had in mind and that's it.

The CN Tower looks very good. I rememebr when I was in Toronto and went to teh CN Tower. They have a glass floor very high up that you can walk out on. It was scary to look down and see open space under your feet from that height. Also, as you look out from the tower there is a small airport nearby and you can see the planes circling in the pattern.... below your height. Now that's high!

Rabbit said:
Incidentally, does anyone know where I can get good shots (or drawings) of the white house from various angles?

Just post on lots of forums asking for plans and layouts of the white house. When the secret srvice guys show up at your door asking questions you can tell them its for a game and maybe they'll help with the modding. ;)

Roger Bacon

RogerBacon said:
Just post on lots of forums asking for plans and layouts of the white house. When the secret srvice guys show up at your door asking questions you can tell them its for a game and maybe they'll help with the modding. ;)

Roger Bacon
:lol: I was actually thinking about taking the short trip to Buffalo picking up the phone and asking the NSA agents for some floor plans maybe. :D

C.Roland said:
Nice Wonder ! It only need a movie like sevo have done with is temple.
Yeah, unfortunately those won't be coming in for a while.

Rabbit said:
Incidentally, does anyone know where I can get good shots (or drawings) of the white house from various angles. All I could get are the front and back shots and I've no idea what's going on on the roof or how the sides look.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

GoogleEarth should be able to give you a birds eye view(roof) of the white house.

Pretty nice, Rabbit!

I liked RogerBacon's idea for getting white house pics, but I'd actually just recommend going yourself to DC with a bunch of cameras and big lenses and sketchbooks and stuff. Take a couple of days to walk the white house perimeter and shoot photos, draw sketches, whatever. You might want to measure out some distances too, so bring a tape measure and maybe some laser distance finders. I'm sure the security guys will be more than happy to assist you.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah this tower is so beautiful ! Great work ;-)

Sevo said:
Pretty nice, Rabbit!

I liked RogerBacon's idea for getting white house pics, but I'd actually just recommend going yourself to DC with a bunch of cameras and big lenses and sketchbooks and stuff. Take a couple of days to walk the white house perimeter and shoot photos, draw sketches, whatever. You might want to measure out some distances too, so bring a tape measure and maybe some laser distance finders. I'm sure the security guys will be more than happy to assist you.
:rotfl:

*short post*

I love it! It will look great in our mod, too.

Do you remember those structures from the first "Men in Black"? (From the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows, New York)? Flying saucers on sticks :)

g/l with the White House :) Seriously, there are those cheesy folding-paper building souveneirs you can get that would be perfect for this or any other project. I betcha you can find some on a US social studies resource website. (They always seem to accompany the paper dress-up dolls, like I really want to dress up the Nixon family :p)

Top Bottom