[GS] New World Wonders in Gathering Storm

I always thought Civ VI should have the Nazca lines, another great wonder in the desert. Maybe even make it two tiles.

'Nazca lines' would be a good unique improvement of the city-state of Cahuachi.

I imagine the Great Mosque of Djenne could make a return together with Mali.

I would love this, but I'm a little skeptical that we'll have this again because we already have an African religious wonder of desert. The University of Sankore would be almost as good as Great Mosque of Djenne, however.

I think Machu Picchu is a distinct possibility with the Inca on their way, but of course new wonders don't need to fit the included civs.

If Machu Picchu is not a wonder i would be very surprised

Spoiler :

Machu Picchu is in the lower right hand corner of the poster art for Gathering Storm.

'Nazca lines' would be a good unique improvement of the city-state of Cahuachi.

That's a great idea! I would still have the rule though they have to be in desert tiles only. But I admit, I love those city states that give unique UI. I befriend them even if I don't want their yields, just because it looks so cool to have that variety.

That's a great idea! I would still have the rule though they have to be in desert tiles only. But I admit, I love those city states that give unique UI. I befriend them even if I don't want their yields, just because it looks so cool to have that variety.

Looks like Nazca is a new City-State. Even though Nazca isn't the name of the settlement.

I think Bite may have said it was Cahuachi on his features thread, but I don’t remember for sure.

yes I had incorrect information, but it is now fixed.

It may have been mentioned before, but I'd like to see a dam world wonder.

There are quite a few famous dams throughout the world like:

Hoover Dam

Three Gorges Dam

Vajont Dam (more (in)famous after its failure)

Hoover Dam

Three Gorges Dam

indeed, and it would bring back an old classic from Civ 1

Hoover Dam

Three Gorges Dam

Well the Hoover Dam IS on the cover. But I'm really hoping we don't get more American wonders. Worse yet when you consider that both the canal and bridge wonders are already American... :think: plus the supposed Monk's Mound. JESUS Firaxis there's more to the world outside of that giant theme park of country!

(Like Canada, a gigantic region that now has two civs and zero wonders :shifty:)

Well the Hoover Dam IS on the cover. But I'm really hoping we don't get more American wonders. Worse yet when you consider that both the canal and bridge wonders are already American... :think: plus the supposed Monk's Mound. JESUS Firaxis there's more to the world outside of that giant theme park of country!

(Like Canada, a gigantic region that now has two civs and zero wonders :shifty:)

I strongly agree. As much as the Hoover Dam is a good choice for a dam wonder, I just don't want more modern engineering projects, especially Americans, in this expansion. There are a lot of interesting wonders of East Asia, Southeast Asia has only one wonder. In Africa you have the Great Mosque of Djenné, Sankore University and Churches of Lalibela to choose from, all much better options than another modern North American engineering project.

I imagine if there was a dam wonder it would be unlocked at Electricity together with Hydroelectric Dam.

It would be cool to have a classical dam wonder. There was a dam in Yemen that allowed the ancient kingdom of Saba to be one of the most fruitful in the Arabian peninsula.

Well I for one would love a Hoover Dam wonder. Yes I am biased because of my proximity to it. But I do realize that could mean too many wonders. With the Golden Gate bridge in the game, I can see not having Hoover Dam. And we have Panama Canal as well, so we have a lot of American stuff from that early 20th century time period.

They need to get in all of the World Wonders that have historically been recognized as the "Seven Wonders of the Ancient World," you know, the ones the game concept is named after. They should actually be the first ones in every iteration of Civ. This has always struck me as odd.

I agree, but so far they've all been added to the game (at least according to the most familiar list. The Ishtar Gate, which was in an earlier list of the Seven Wonders before the Pharos of Alexandria was built, has so far never been in Civ) eventually, even though they haven't all been in the base game since Civ III.

That makes the Statue of Zeus highly likely. So far we've seen a pretty heavy focus on the late game and the only revealed Wonders have been late-era Wonders, but I hope the Statue is in.

Top Bottom