[R&F] New Years Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, I wonder what the Cree music will be and if I'm going to like it even from the first look, just like Khmer theme. I kind of like Iroquois peace theme in Civ V, and both Shoshone themes are simply awesome.

2 expansions is what everyone's expecting, 3's what people are hoping. Civ 4 and 5 had two expansions, and I'm not certain but civ 3 might as well.
Civ3 did indeed have 2 expansions, Play the World and Conquests.

If they are planning on making 2 expansions, that would be very cool.
There's little reason not to expect two expansions. Pretty much every recent game in the core series has had two expansions, and it's likely going to need that many to be on par with the others in terms of content. The only reasons one could see them holding off on a second expansion would be either to permanently return to capitalizing on the DLC model (for some reason) or to simply abandon the game for Civ 7, and both of these strategies would risk serious caveats in some way or another depending on how they were handled.

Some are even going so far as to suggest or hope for the possibility of a third expansion, either because they believe it necessary to surpass the quantity of content in V, because they really want to hit an arbitrary number of Civilizations, or because they want to better the chances of seeing obscure civilizations or leaders who would otherwise get overlooked in games with smaller loadouts of content. Additional seasons of DLC could also rectify this. There is presently nothing to suggest that either of these two scenarios will occur, however. (Bear in mind that it's not necessarily in the publisher's interests to make a third expansion: the more content they add to this game, the harder it becomes for a subsequent game to compete with the amount of content this one has on offer, unless you can convince/force the fanbase to accept less.)

2 expansions is what everyone's expecting, 3's what people are hoping. Civ 4 and 5 had two expansions, and I'm not certain but civ 3 might as well.
Civ3 did indeed have 2 expansions, Play the World and Conquests.

That's right. I started playing the series at Civ 3, and I remember there being 2 expansions for that as well. I cannot recall for Civ 2, although I remember as a kid watching my older brother play it at a friend's place.

There's little reason not to expect two expansions. Pretty much every recent game in the core series has had two expansions, and it's likely going to need that many to be on par with the others in terms of content. The only reasons one could see them holding off on a second expansion would be either to permanently return to capitalizing on the DLC model (for some reason) or to simply abandon the game for Civ 7, and both of these strategies would risk serious caveats in some way or another depending on how they were handled.

Some are even going so far as to suggest or hope for the possibility of a third expansion, either because they believe it necessary to surpass the quantity of content in V, because they really want to hit an arbitrary number of Civilizations, or because they want to better the chances of seeing obscure civilizations or leaders who would otherwise get overlooked in games with smaller loadouts of content. Additional seasons of DLC could also rectify this. There is presently nothing to suggest that either of these two scenarios will occur, however. (Bear in mind that it's not necessarily in the publisher's interests to make a third expansion: the more content they add to this game, the harder it becomes for a subsequent game to compete with the amount of content this one has on offer, unless you can convince/force the fanbase to accept less.)

This is very encouraging, and you are completely right.

That's right. I started playing the series at Civ 3, and I remember there being 2 expansions for that as well. I cannot recall for Civ 2, although I remember as a kid watching my older brother play it at a friend's place.

This is very encouraging, and you are completely right.

Civ II also had two expansions-though they didn't add as much content as expansions for later versions of the game did. "Conflicts in Civilization (20 scenarios) & Civ II: Fantastic Worlds (Scenarios only).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_II#Expansions_sets

When can we expect the FL?

I wonder if the Cree could get a unique Trader. That would be really interesting and right up their alley.

Same time as always, 90 minutes from now.

I doubt they'd abandon Civ 6 in order to work on Civ 7, I don't think the game is nearly as bad as Civ 5 was compared to Civ 4 at the begnning.

But yeah, I expect 2 expansion packs but wouldn't mind three and a bunch of DLCs.

Its usually sales numbers which decide these things.

And someone in reddit recently suggested that BNW second expansion was a massive success for Civ5 increasing its sales and overall long term staying power massively. If that is indeed true then making only one expansion for Civ6 would be a totally insane business decision.
And a Civ7 would probably take too long anyway to not have at least one Expansion after R&F.

Good idea. Dear mods, perhaps could there be a mechanism (optional) to automatically hid certain post/thread that are tagged as spoilers? Therefore those who choose to opt out can not see this kind of post/thread at all.

Because sometimes even when tagged with spoilers, the thread's title will still spill the bean.

Good idea. Dear mods, perhaps could there be a mechanism (optional) to automatically hid certain post/thread that are tagged as spoilers? Therefore those who choose to opt out can not see this kind of post/thread at all.

Because sometimes even when tagged with spoilers, the thread's title will still spill the bean.

I think, just enforcing the use of spoiler pockets in posts and not posting potential spoiler-y contents in thread titles should suffice.

And we should shame the leakers. Publicly denounce them for disservice to the community. :)

I don't get how there can be spoilers on game features for a future title that makes no sense. Its not the ending of Witcher 3 or who dies in new Walking Dead/GoT seasons.
I feel forums should not get too restrictive for news and leaks (which are news).

That said it should be clear in the thread title that its a topic regarding the new expansion. Then members who click that thread already know that it will potentially include "spoilers" (I would call it news instead).

Well unless Firaxis wants to punish me for staying up to watch the leak, well it is less than 1/2 an hour to go

I doubt hiding things is even feasible, given the content crossover of unrelated threads. Heck, I only knew about most leaks because they get mentioned randomly in other threads that I follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom