[GS] Newb on Switch, can't change gold amounts

ancalagon99

Chieftain
I have been playing Civ 6 for a long time on PC.
I'm having some issues with the switch version.
I have been trying to choose the amount of gold to ask for, from the trading screen in diplomacy, but the only option I get, is an automatic increase of 100 (i.e. gold).
I would like to ask for a specific amount, lets say 50. How do i do that? I feel like, i have tried everything and all buttons.
If you could help, it would make my game a lot easier.

First you select the gold (amount of 100, if they have it), then you have to edit the amount from the side bar menu where the other trades are visible, back out from what they have and just click on the amount and type in the amount you want or use the arrow keys to increase/decrease it. Its pretty counter-intuitive, I was lost for a while with it too, its pretty clunky.

First: Thank you for the answer :)
Second: I feel i am such a dumbass, but nothing seems to happen, when I click.
Just to make sure, that I am not missing something obvious. I chose to ask for 100 gold. It appears in the screen called "Their offer".
I then have tried clicking on the amount in so many ways. a button, thumb sticks, y button, + button, - button. Is it still the wrong place i am clicking?

So I just tried it, and it doesn't seem to be working. My game is a bit bugged this time through, so I'll have another look when I start another game. It used to be that you selected it to ask for the gold, then used R to switch to the table part, selected it, then you'd get a window come up that you could use to increase or decrease the amount. Didn't work though, so either it's another glitch on a bad save, or it's a recent issue.

So I just tried it, and it doesn't seem to be working. My game is a bit bugged this time through, so I'll have another look when I start another game. It used to be that you selected it to ask for the gold, then used R to switch to the table part, selected it, then you'd get a window come up that you could use to increase or decrease the amount. Didn't work though, so either it's another glitch on a bad save, or it's a recent issue.

Quite possible, I have not played on most recent patch. It could be just broken right now.

I've tried reinstalling it. I bought the nfs and nothing has changed. It seems bugged, which is sad, but I am glad i am not a total doofus. But annoying since I bought the switch primarily to play civ on the go and this problem will remove a lot of the fun. Oh, well. A fix will most likely come.
Thanks guys.

Same issue for me, just updated to 1.2.4 and I could not edit the gold amount during diplomacy wit other switch

In addition when I try to add diplomatic favor during diplomacy, it also does not appear

Two caveats: (1) I've been sidetracked by Civ 3; and (2) I don't have any of the DLC. That said, I think I: (a) asked for gold; (b) used the left thumb lever (whatever it's called) to move to the square that has "their offer" of gold (watch for the square around the gold to be highlighted); and (c) then used the left thumb lever left and right to get the amount right.

Two caveats: (1) I've been sidetracked by Civ 3; and (2) I don't have any of the DLC. That said, I think I: (a) asked for gold; (b) used the left thumb lever (whatever it's called) to move to the square that has "their offer" of gold (watch for the square around the gold to be highlighted); and (c) then used the left thumb lever left and right to get the amount right.
If you're talking about the joystick, that just moves the cursor around.

On a general note, I'm still on my buggy game (46 turns left to go), but I still can't tune the gold, I can only make the increments.

I've tried reinstalling it. I bought the nfs and nothing has changed. It seems bugged, which is sad, but I am glad i am not a total doofus. But annoying since I bought the switch primarily to play civ on the go and this problem will remove a lot of the fun. Oh, well. A fix will most likely come.
Thanks guys.
game will be fully fixed by the time switch's life span ends... and Nintendo announces its replacement.... Don't expect this game to be fully working in 5 years.

Hehe. I'll look forward to it. So I should be able to use the diplomacy screen, fully, in 5 years? No prob, i'll just wait till then ;)

Hehe. I'll look forward to it. So I should be able to use the diplomacy screen, fully, in 5 years? No prob, i'll just wait till then ;)
why bother? By then switch would have ended like 3DS... you are better off playing civ 7 or 8 by then.
This port is a turd and a crap.

Top Bottom