1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie hoping for some help!

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by Jasonguru, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jasonguru

Jasonguru Chieftain

Hello ev1,

I just recently had this game given to me and am enjoying it so much i decided to track these pages down and here i am. I was wanting some basic ideas and suggestions to get somewhere in this game as it may sound corny but im struggling on the easiest level of play.

I dont have a clue what wonders to build where and usually get beaten by another tribe anyways and am always falling behind. i have worked out tho how not to lose my cities to ther tribes and i am constantly building new cities trying to expand as quick as possible as it seems to be population that is the key to a good score in this game. other than that things are slow and i am struggling to keep my people happy even with entertainer dudes.

some ideas on how i can be competitive would be great.

hello again to ev1 and i hope u guys might be able to help me out a little

all the best

jas

2. mangor420

mangor420 Warlord

welcome under general discussions look for brand new grandma there are tons of tips

3. rponton

rponton Warlord

Mangor is right. That thread was started by a woman named scloopy, it has proven to be the single most informative thread I've seen on this page ever.

4. funxus

funxus Orange Cycloptic Blob

And it's still active I guess, even for others than scloopy.:)

5. Nylan

Nylan Characters Welcome

Yeah, how many pages does it have now? That's more information than the rest of the strategy & Tips Section! Wonderful thread.