Newbie Queries

Big Tony

Chieftain
Okay, I'm not a total newbie, been playing Civ III on my Mac for about a year, but from reading these posts I can see I'm light years behind most of you here.

I have a couple questions, I've waded through most of the threads looking to see if they've already been addressed before tossing the questions out here, and I apologize in advance if I'm rehashing old stuff.

Enough blather . . . my questions:

1) How can I turn off that annoying music and run iTunes instead? I think I'd like to conquer the world with John Lee Hooker in the background.

2) Go ahead, call me sexist, but I've never played as Russia, Egypt or England, because the leaders are women and, well, I don't look good in drag. Has anyone ever created new leaders for these civs? Maybe Peter the Great/Ivan the Terrible, Ramses (pick one), or any of the British monarchs?

Appreciate any insights you can provide.

Oops, should also have mentioned that I'm running OS 10.4 on a 1.25GHz Imac with 768 MB of RAM, using patch 1.29 (not the most recent patch currently under discussion, think it's 1.29f).

Hi :wavey: Welcome to the mad-house.

1. I set my sound options in Civ3 to OFF all the time. If I play an iTunes track or stream it comes through just fine whether I'm playing Civ or not. I run Civ 1.29b2, I doubt if you run 1.29f, as it has never been released.

2. Dunno, I can live with being Liz, Cath or Cleo, so I've never seriously looked for other leaderheads. Check out the Creation and Customization forum - Leaderhead Library.

Top Bottom