1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM 01: Announcement - Civ6 Game 01

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Oct 31, 2016.

1. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Deity

Starting with roads. How nice. That was the one thing i had forgotten to complain about in civ6: not being able to build roads. Nice to have a gotm where we get them automatically. Maybe somewhere in this month i regain enough interest in civ6 to stop playing bloon td battles and do this GOTM :)

2. Acken

Acken Deity

Technicaly the trade bug is worse than all of these since it allows for infinite GPT right from the start.
    Not sure if there's a simple honor rule, disallow haggling, disallow buybacks.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Deity

I for one wont really care what exploit people abuse. I dont view this as a competition at this point but a learning opportunity.
    Therefore, i care most about that others write in as much as possible detail what they have done and why. Including things that may be exploits as leif mentioned, its good to have them all uncovered after all.

I think for most of us it is pretty obvious what is an abuse and what is not. I am only aware of the scythia exploit. Dont know what the trade bug is, whats up with buybacks. Haggling i assume is just adjusting trade deals to get the best deal they will accept ? That doesnt sound like an exploit to me.

4. Acken

Acken Deity

No haggling in itself is not the problem it's the fact that the AI is completely buggy when you propose deals back and forth and is in essence what trade exploits are based on. Buybacks is when you keep buying back what you just sold to sell it again at a higher price to the same AI in a loop.

5. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

It seems to be working just fine.

6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

7. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

What about artifacts? The AI is willing to give them to you for a lot less than what they are prepared to pay for them.

8. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

It loads up fine on my Mac as well.

The 1.0.0.26 bit is the actual version number for compatibility purposes, and that's the same.

The number in brackets is a build number, which will relate to the number of test builds that have been created for that version. It's bound to vary between the two platforms, but changes in this value should not indicate any save format or game functionality differences.

9. SeismoGraf

SeismoGraf Warlord

Awesome! GotM is such a cool thing, love you guys.

The Legion does not require iron. If I remember correctly, no UU requires a strategic resource, so you are always able to use them.

comatosedragon likes this.
  10. Ogaw

Ogaw Chieftain

Nice! This will be fun to play.

11. Ozymandias9891

Ozymandias9891 Warlord

I'm really looking forward to starting this up. I haven't play a GotM in a very long time. Thanks!

12. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

13. Ogaw

Ogaw Chieftain

Ive played it through now and won science victory. Can I upload print screens etc here or how do I proceed?

14. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

From the first post in this thread, in the Must Read spoiler about associated threads:

15. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

Oh I can't wait to start this! I never did GotM's before until Acken did 2 or 3 for BE. Of course, I'm in the middle of another game so won't start this till that one finishes.

16. SeismoGraf

SeismoGraf Warlord

BTW the Roman Fort does not trigger the Eureka for Ballistics.

The Legion has one charge (shown under "builds"). What is not mentioned in the Civilopedia is that the Legion can remove marsh or woods (bulldozer icon)!
    Giving same yield as using a builder charge i suppose. Maybe the Legion can do even more undocumented stuff :egypt:

17. pholtz

pholtz King

I'll give this one a try. Need the achievement for a Roman legion to clear fallout, so a Science Victory should make that possible to do. I'll not sell any units and in trades I'll accept what they propose or turn it down. If I propose something I'll click once on "what will you give me" button, and then either accept or turn it down. Thanks for the info about the Bath location!

18. Stoner68

Stoner68 Chieftain

Alright. Bite the bullet and admit ignorance. I could not figure out where to put the save game file with my Windows 10 and buying Civ6 on Steam. Does anyone else have a similar set up?

19. pholtz

pholtz King

C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves

20. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

1. When will there be a way to submit the game (if at all)?

2. Could we please have a list of the features you consider exploits in the opening post?