1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

News: 6otM 06 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Anyone know of any good Civ VI culture victory guides? I'm wary of doing a culture game since they take so long, but I suspect I'm just doing something wrong. The nexus between culture and tourism isn't clear to me yet--apparently culture just generates domestic tourists, but not Tourism to be used against other civs right?

2. Yuhg

Yuhg Chieftain

Hi,
    This is first GOTM I've done so excuse my ignorance and possible stupidity....but...

I just finished this and before I thought to check I pressed 'one more turn' and so it's saved at that point. Will this still count? It's very clear that I triumphed and so I hope I didn't blow it by pushing the wrong button :p

Regardless of that, I thought it was an extremely good and a fun challenge, and having never even attempted a culture win in all the years I've played I am pleasantly surprised at a first-time win :)

I hope everyone else has a similar experience and even if it turns out I don't qualify for any cake (that was the prize no?) I'll be sure to be up for the next one! :D

3. godotnut

godotnut Inverted Unicycle

4. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Thanks! That guide is great. I still don't like how tourism does nothing in-game other than progress you towards victory...At least in V there were *occasionally* city flips.

5. DontTread

DontTread Chieftain

Thanks, does this mean that we can play the early GOTMs?

6. CappyAA

CappyAA Chieftain

Yep, I played all the other ones fine. You can't play GOTM4 because it was built with the Aztec DLC installed, so GOTM5 is a comparable substitute that you could play instead.

7. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

That is fine post the save in the AAR thread, we don't yet have the save submission ready for 6

8. Yuhg

Yuhg Chieftain

Thanks for the response. I have now posted in the, I trust, relevant thread. I think I now have a handle on how this all works. :)